Need help to pay electric bill before disconnect

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
flchevyangel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help to pay electric bill before disconnect

Post by flchevyangel »

I am unemployed & waiting for unemployment to come through but have a Progress Energy bill that is due for disconnect on 10/7/11 which I am unable to pay. They won't give me an extension & I don't know where to go for help. I am in Sumter County, FL. Please help! Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help to pay electric bill before disconnect

Post by Admin »

We do have information on both Progress Energy in Florida as well as Sumter County. If you are expecting an unemployment check normally a utility company will work with you and give you time.
Here are the Sumter County Florida programs to try calling.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sum ... progr.html
As far as options and resources specific to your energy bill from Progress, try this for Florida utility bill assistance. There is a service known as Energy Neighbor Fund fund 1-800-700-8744 which is from customer donations and may be exactly what you are looking for or need.

flchevyangel wrote:I am unemployed & waiting for unemployment to come through but have a Progress Energy bill that is due for disconnect on 10/7/11 which I am unable to pay. They won't give me an extension & I don't know where to go for help. I am in Sumter County, FL. Please help! Thank you
Goodman

Post by Goodman »

My wife and I are both disabled. We live in Cumberland county and need help paying our electric bill this winter before we lose service. My back bone is curved {scoliosis?] and rhumiotid arthritis. My wife has a nerve disorder called CRPS. She is freezing cold all summer long and its worse in the winter. We have electric heat pump and a small fire place. I cut wood as well as I can but its not much. Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Fayetteville North Carolina part of North Carolina, you do have options for paying Progress Energy and/or Duke electric bills. The state assistance and Cumberland NC programs can be found here.http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cum ... nce_p.html
Also be sure to ask your electric company for a payment plan.
Goodman wrote:My wife and I are both disabled. We live in Cumberland county and need help paying our electric bill this winter before we lose service. My back bone is curved {scoliosis?] and rhumiotid arthritis. My wife has a nerve disorder called CRPS. She is freezing cold all summer long and its worse in the winter. We have electric heat pump and a small fire place. I cut wood as well as I can but its not much. Can you help?
Eppler

Post by Eppler »

I am in need for assistance in utility. It seem that every agency I applied for cannot help me. I am a heart transplant patient and on a fix income. I have a c-pad that I need every night to sleep. I cannot afford to have my electricity disconnected. I have explained the to the customer service rep. Please let me know if you can help me.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

Hi. I found your website while trying to find help with my electric bill. My national grid bill is not correct. In 1 month they charged me $1100.00. For an obscene amount 3968kwh. My previous bill was only $100, 700kwh. I sent an e-mail, I also called. I was told by National Grid Representative for Billing, "I can't help you with your bill".
I asked her how to dispute my bill, because I have a termination notice, and need help on what was going on. I didn't want my service shutoff. I asked if I could speak to a manager, anyone that could help... But I was told "I can't help you, call back on Monday" "Nobody is here." This was today at 3:15, during normal business hours.
I asked her to note my account, that I'm disputing my bill, due to the outrageous amount. I need some assistance because this is definitely wrong. I've emailed and called but. STILL no help on bill.
I don't want my service to get shut off. I need to speak with someone who can help.
Can you please let me know how to dispute an electric bill and who can help?
Also, I’m very interested in making some extra money. I read on your page about the jobs. I have been looking, I also have been scammed. I'm in desperate need of extra money. I'm NOT looking for handouts, I'm looking to earn. I'm a stay at home mom, who is driven, motivated and desperate to find a job so I can provide. I'm disabled, but not broken. I have the education, training and skills but I need a job, that I can earn some money, while working from home.
I am a cancer survivor, in remission for 1 year and 23 Days, but I'm currently on fixed income from disability, and honestly, I can't afford anything. I have been looking for a job that I could do from home. I've been looking for the same options that you have listed. I would love to get any information you have to give on the phone answering service, scheduling, Secretary work, online communications. I'm willing and very capable to do any of those tasks. I have an excellent background, also have health training. I did get scammed already by a work at home medical health line. Offering a job as a medical health phone customer agent for various offices. I paid out about $300.00, for equipment thinking that I would be working, but I got scammed. I'm ready and willing, but need a legitimate job that I can get.
Thank you, for taking your time to read this. I can assure you, if you can help me find offers with getting a legitimate job working from home, or assistance that you wrote about, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for help, not for someone else to do for me, but help with finding something I can do to provide.
Thank you,