Owe money on heating bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Derrick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Owe money on heating bills

Post by Derrick »

I am writing on behalf of a friend who does not have a computer and is in need of help. She takes care of her 94yr. old disabled grandmother who lives with her, and has a 1-1/2 yr. old son and a 9 yr. old son. She gets public assistance and food stamps and LIHEAP to help with electric bill. The problem is she still owes $1,066 on heat bill from this past winter and does not have sufficient income to pay this bill and fuel oil company told her she can not get any more deliveries until bill is paid. Can you offer
any assistance?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Owe money on heating bills

Post by Admin »

One of the places people are starting to llok for discounted oil is a buying network. Many consumers band together to negotiate lower prices in a heating oil buying network. It is in effect bulk buying, like what Costco and WalMart due with vendors. But homeowners directly benefit. More on heating oil buying networks and how you can save money from them.
Derrick wrote:I am writing on behalf of a friend who does not have a computer and is in need of help. She takes care of her 94yr. old disabled grandmother who lives with her, and has a 1-1/2 yr. old son and a 9 yr. old son. She gets public assistance and food stamps and LIHEAP to help with electric bill. The problem is she still owes $1,066 on heat bill from this past winter and does not have sufficient income to pay this bill and fuel oil company told her she can not get any more deliveries until bill is paid. Can you offer
any assistance?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi. I really don't know what to do. I'm out of heating oil and money so we have no heat or hot water and there are 6 of us. 2 adults and 4 children. I've tried Berkshire community action counsel and citizens energy and neither can help me. Everything I find online either doesn't exist or is a hoax. My info is
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you talking about Berkshire in Massachusetts? If so, here are all of the Massachusetts agencies by county. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mas ... progr.html
Mass does have many heating and fuel oil programs. What did Citizens tell you? What did community action agency say? Did they give any tips or suggestions at least, even if they had no financial aid?
Martin wrote:Hi. I really don't know what to do. I'm out of heating oil and money so we have no heat or hot water and there are 6 of us. 2 adults and 4 children. I've tried Berkshire community action counsel and citizens energy and neither can help me. Everything I find online either doesn't exist or is a hoax. My info is
Rankin

Post by Rankin »

My state is Maine. I am looking for help with heating fuel (K-1) and whatever else I can receive. We are a four person family children 5 and 10 both girls and my husband is the only one who is working as of now. I am looking for a job and I am also volunteering a few hours a week. We do not receive help with rent but however, we do receive SNAP and TANF. But that does not cover all the bills. We have done away with a land line and receive a lifeline cell phone through the government program, that is used very few cause of the minutes that we receive. We would be much appreciated to receive whatever we can.
Caroline12

Post by Caroline12 »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;

Hello Help with Heating bills com. I am writing because I need help right away I am freezing in my home! I am disabled with a spinal cord injury and need assistance right away. I am out of gas and can't get help. I have tried to get help I have been to my trustee and they can't help me because I have no way what so ever to get the money to pay for the gas or to get help at all period. I don't know where to go anymore or who to ask for help anymore. Is there anyway what so ever that you can help me? I am using my friends computer to try to find help and still can't find any kind of assistance. Ovo has not done anything what so ever to assist me period ! They only broke the crawl space door and frame to my craw space and now there is cold air coming under the house as wells as throw the walls of my home the windows are broken and cold air is coming in the windows. I need support right away I am freezing. I have nowhere to go or family to help me at all. Is there anyway what so ever that you can do to assist me? Thank you kindly for your time & any kind of help that you can give to me all of my disability money goes to pay my house payments please help me thank you. So very much for your valuable time and help please be safe take care it is bad weather outside to day so be careful. Yours Truly.
jerebty

Post by jerebty »

I am a 55 year old woman taking care of my 89 year old mother who is in her second stage of Alzheimer among other things. Our water and power was shut of months ago. I applied for HEAP and they are paying 336.00 toward it and I have put every dime I can spare toward it that’s not going to rent . Unfortunately the bill will still be around 1700 after HEAP pays the 336.00. It will take way to long to pay thus off and have been without power and water for two months. Please help any assistance is welcome.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can try a senior center or agency on aging office for information on programs for seniors with Alzheimer. But LIHEAP is one option, and there are many others. That is great of you to help your 89 year old mom as well. But find programs by state, and read more LIHEAP heating bill grants.
Hashtag

Post by Hashtag »

I am 85 years old living on a very limited monthly social security check. My oil heating bill is too high for me to pay money on and I have other home repair and financial obligations I'm finding hard to meet. I need to speak to someone about financial aid and assistance. I have been an Elizabeth City, NC resident all of my life. Please advise me on state assistance that is available to me. Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is not just state assistance but also non-profits, charities, and programs from utility companies. Find them all here in the Elizabeth City region. Maybe they can cover your heating bills and needs too.
Hashtag wrote:I need to speak to someone about financial aid and assistance. I have been an Elizabeth City, NC resident all of my life. Please advise me on state assistance that is available to me. Respectfully,