Lost jobs and have utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Markkiop1

Lost jobs and have utility bills

Post by Markkiop1 »

Both my husband and I have lost our jobs and we have an utility bill due. While we have been looking for work we haven't found anything yet. We need immediate help with paying our rent exense and utillity bills
Charleze
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost jobs and have utility bills

Post by Charleze »

Hello,
I am inquiring about getting some assistance paying my electric bill. I currently owe Met Ed 727.64, however the past due amount is only 577.61. I am able to make some small payments but my fiance had bypass surgery done this past Wednesday, September 15th and isn't able to return to work for approximately 3-4 weeks, so he lost his job. I am struggling to pay the lot rent, make my car payment, pay the insurance, pay the electric/phone/cable, AND pay the electric bill. I also have to make sure there is food in the home for my 7 year old daughter to eat and make sure she has clothes, personal hygiene products etc.
I found your organization on the internet and was hoping maybe there was a way to get a little assistance. I am sure there is a 10 day shut off in the near future as I haven't been able to make a payment for several weeks (likely 6 or 8).
Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost jobs and have utility bills

Post by Admin »

No agencies or charities will help with a bill over $700. Not sure how it could have go to that point, but that is a very expensive energy bill. You need to reduce your usage. Maybe your provider Met Ed will allow you to enter into a long term payment plan, as many companies do offer this. Especially if you were a solid customer in the past. So we do have resources listed on those plans and other possible financial aid, and find more energy bill assistance programs.