Winter cold weather heating bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Thecall
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Winter cold weather heating bills

Post by Thecall »

The cold winter weather is coming soon and im not able to turn on my heat due to my ex-husband turned the gas on in my name not telling me and is now $580. and did not tell the courts that this bill was out there. to turn on the heat national grid in Massachusetts wants $260 towards those heating bills. fuel assistance is not available till next month if they have funding. help please!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Winter cold weather heating bills

Post by Admin »

You may have some options in Massachusetts to pay back heating bills, and keep service on. Fuel assistance is always questionable, particular now with weak economy. Find your Massachusetts heating programs here. Programs like NSTAR Discount Rate (800-592-2000) as well as the Good Neighbor Energy Fund are all emergency heating and energy bill assistance programs. Call 1-800-334-3047
Thecall wrote:The cold winter weather is coming soon and im not able to turn on my heat due to my ex-husband turned the gas on in my name not telling me and is now $580. and did not tell the courts that this bill was out there. to turn on the heat national grid in Massachusetts wants $260 towards those heating bills. fuel assistance is not available till next month if they have funding. help please!
MtnDew

Post by MtnDew »

Hello,
I am a 33 year old single mother with 2 children. I am in desperate need of help with my electric bill they have shut off my power. As of right now I had to let my children go live with their dads cause they can’t stay with me at my home cause I am without heat. I live in Detroit Michigan and I have gone to the Department of Human Service, S.O.S and to the Salvation Army. None of these agencies are able to help me at this time of the year. I have talked with DTE and they are willing to let me pay off half of my bill which is 1600.00 and they will turn my power back on. I am currently looking for a job and trying my best to look for help anywhere I can possibly can. If you are able to help me I have been given 6 weeks from yesterday which is 12/25/12 or the state of Michigan will terminate my parental rights from all 2 of my children and I just cannot let that happen.
Caroline12

Post by Caroline12 »

In great need of help for gas. My family and I, are very cold in this complex, I am disabled, with critical anemia. I also have children who are also disabled, have called all the agency, and no one has funds to help get gas back on. There's no heat, and hot water. I on SSI and don't have any money. My bill said it was due on 3/3/13, but they claim I have to pay the full amount of $306.48. I will not have until my next check arrives. Please help us; we are getting sicker, in this freezing apartment. I can be reached at this email. Please this requires immediate help. Thank you.
Chavez1

Post by Chavez1 »

I have had 3 open heart surgeries and 3 back surgeries for scoliosis. I have rods and screws all way down my back and I just found out I have to have another one because the screws in the bottom are coming loose. I also go to UNC for all my heart stuff I never know when I may end up there I know. I have to have another heart surgery because I have to have a valve put in. My mom needs some help. I wish I could help her but I can’t I have seizures I’m dyslexic and dystrophic ADHD. I have double vision as well as a cub foot and right now I have a sprained ankle. We applied for heating assistance but haven’t heard anything. Can you please help us so our power doesn’t get turned off. Thank you.
Lincoln12

Post by Lincoln12 »

I'm a single grandmother of two wonderful children that lives in Ohio. I recently had a triple bypass and my doctor won't permit me to work! I'm afraid that I might be facing eviction, my rent is $600 a month and my electric bill is due right now. I also owe heating bills from last winter because I never received a bill from them! I would like to get caught up with my utilities so I can continue to watch my grandkids grow up! Thanks for reading this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you owe heating bills from last year, then that will be challenging. With winter now starting, the emergency HEAP program may be up and running in Ohio. That may prevent a disconnection of your heat for a bit, but you need to get back on track. If you do have a medical condition or young grandchildren, your gas company and Ohio may have regulations in place to stop the disconnection, and that would be above and beyond HEAP. Get more details on these options. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ion_p.html
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

I need help with my heating bill. I have tried every organization. I don't meet the low income. But am on a disability for 6 weeks without income. I have 4 days left before they turn my heat off. I don't have a furnace or boiler. Thieves stolen all my radiator out my house so I have to use heater and stove. As I write this I am very cold right now, and have a very bad hardship. If I can get some help with radiator and boiler working my eat bill won't be very high. Thank you.