Electric off for 1 month now. 2 kids. NEED HELP

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
hardtimes
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric off for 1 month now. 2 kids. NEED HELP

Post by hardtimes »

My electric was cut off almost a month ago now. I have 2 kids, no job, husband cant find work, our church cant find us help. We live in Florida, I dont know what to do. Ive contacted so many places for help, Im am completly out of resources. Can anyone help me and my family? Im trying to hold on to faith but its hard when nothing works out, every effort ends up being worthless, every turn is a dead end. I know theres got to be help somewhere, I just cant find it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric off for 1 month now. 2 kids. NEED HELP

Post by Admin »

We can maybe provide you more places to call, or places to go to for utility help. Find assistance programs in Florida at this link. Select your county or city from midway down the list, and read about agencies, non-profits, and charities that operate there. And start calling them.
Also, try calling your utility company directly. Find energy assistance programs here. Once again, select Florida from midway down the list. We have tons of information on programs and services.
hardtimes wrote:My electric was cut off almost a month ago now. I have 2 kids, no job, husband cant find work, our church cant find us help. We live in Florida, I dont know what to do. Ive contacted so many places for help, Im am completly out of resources. Can anyone help me and my family? Im trying to hold on to faith but its hard when nothing works out, every effort ends up being worthless, every turn is a dead end. I know theres got to be help somewhere, I just cant find it.
Panthers

Post by Panthers »

I live in Maryland and would like to know can Pepco turn off my electric. I call Pepco on 12/12/2011 and a person in customers service said i can not make no kind of arrangement and told me to be prepare for my shut off. I said i have babies in my house and my mother have an oxygen machine and she said we do not assisted people we oxygen machine or disable people you just got to see if someone will take her to there house and then she said because there is help out there and i was very upset because who going to let me and my 5 kids and 3 grand kids come and stay with them no one so i said i guess i got to sleep in my car and she said that's your risk so i hung up the phone am on a limited income. I only get SSI once a month so please can you give me some advice and who i can call before Pepco turn off my electric please. thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Each and every state, including Maryland, has laws and regulations in place for utility companies like Pepco. Usually the the state requires some utilities to help people with medical issues, like a breathing machine. Find the listing of utility laws. It looks like Maryland prevents shut off during the winter time, so should be in the clear for at least this time of year.
Panthers wrote:I live in Maryland and would like to know can Pepco turn off my electric. I call Pepco on 12/12/2011 and a person in customers service said i can not make no kind of arrangement and told me to be prepare for my shut off. I said i have babies in my house and my mother have an oxygen machine and she said we do not assisted people we oxygen machine or disable people you just got to see if someone will take her to there house and then she said because there is help out there and i was very upset because who going to let me and my 5 kids and 3 grand kids come and stay with them no one so i said i guess i got to sleep in my car and she said that's your risk so i hung up the phone am on a limited income. I only get SSI once a month so please can you give me some advice and who i can call before Pepco turn off my electric please. thank you so much
Ju Jansen

Post by Ju Jansen »

Good afternoon. I am contacting you for more info on utility assistance in Pennsylvania. I received a 10 day shut off notice and contacted my service provider numerous times via the net because that is my only means because will I am at work I can not make or receive personal phone calls and I do not have a cell phone. I paid 200.00 towards my bill but can not pay the remainder that they are asking for. Please any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. LIHEAP closed for the year even the crisis grant. I received my bill prior to the close of this program. My wife has a pulmonary embolism. I have a child in my home with a broken leg and also a daughter with a bad cold. Any help once again would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You don't get a break in which you can call your utility company in Pennsylvania to ask for help? Employees are entitled to some form of break daily...even hourly. So your employer is either illegally making you work or this email is not the whole story. But we do have information on energy assistance programs for all of the providers in Pennsylvania, so you can try them. But you need to call and apply, and find out energy bill assistance programs in Pennsylvania.
Ben Tate

Post by Ben Tate »

I ran into extreme car problems this month and my electric bill is facing a disconnection notice this month. I was wondering if this could be stopped.
I've never had assistance with anything, even though I have 2 kids. I work full time it just coated me over 2 thousand to fix my car this month and I have no money left for my electric bill. Thank you. I'm in Lorain Ohio.