Electricity bill going unpaid

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Friedman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electricity bill going unpaid

Post by Friedman »

Upon moving into her new home my mother agreed that I I put her electricity she would pay the bill but she didn't and don't have any intention to pay it. I feel so stupid for allowing her to use me the way she did however now I need help with my electricity bill because I would like to move but can't with such a high bill.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electricity bill going unpaid

Post by Admin »

Call your utility company and ask for electric bill help. Most offer grants, weatherization, financial assistance, and general advice. Maybe you can go to small claims court too, as hard as may be since a relative.
Friedman wrote:Upon moving into her new home my mother agreed that I I put her electricity she would pay the bill but she didn't and don't have any intention to pay it. I feel so stupid for allowing her to use me the way she did however now I need help with my electricity bill because I would like to move but can't with such a high bill.
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I live with a husband and kids, and me and my family are having a very hard time lot of problems with paying our electricity and other bills because my husband was laid off from his job he was at for a while and he has been trying to find work. We live in Tulsa. Bit it is hard. Most people tell him he is over qualified or under qualified or not enough experience. be has been applying at everything that he can. We are seriously behind on our rent too, in addition to electric, and we have paid something because we borrowed some money from family and friends but we can't asked them for help again. We already owe them a lot of money. Also because they don't have it anymore. so I'm writing you hoping for some ideas or help . Every little bit helps and it matters to us.
Jeff Brian

Post by Jeff Brian »

Can you please tell me and my family how/who to contact in Tucson Arizona to see about assistance right away with paying our electric, air conditioning and possibly phone bills too? I can be contacted at by phone, or it may be best to use this email address. I will be checking it tomorrow. The reason being is that I don’t know if I will have phone service this evening or early tomorrow either at home or on my cell as my phone may be disconnected. It is that dire.
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

I found out there is mold in my home and i have a lawyer for that thankfully but until legal mater is settled i have had to get a hotel room for me and my kids to live out of and that has soaked up all my money. I am on disability and that limits income alot more. I cannot pay my bills this month and i have no savings. my gas and electric are up for shut off and no options I NEED HELP . This is not my fault and is not fair to my family to have to go through even more struggle because my landlord is not a nice person at all and wont help me with any costs behind the mold. I have been told to move immediately by my doctor due to my health has been affected by this in my home and my children also both have medical issues of their own. I am not sure where to turn to but if anybody can help me figure this out please let me know.
Preetip

Post by Preetip »

As far as the mold, how was your builder. Did you have any type of warranty or repercussions you can take vs them, and maybe you want to look into a lawyer for free advice or talk to your local building inspector. Getting help for the bills, while not easy, is more likely than addressing the mold. You can find more information on electric bill assistance. Some programs focus on people with children with medical issues, so that may in fact help you. Read more on your options.
SquakB

Post by SquakB »

I really need help paying my SMUD bill. My boyfriend is an armed security guard and recently got laid off. I am a waitress at IHOP. I work 3-4 days a week but it’s not enough. Our PG&E was just turned off as well but I could pay that with some money I borrowed from my bank. I live in northern California. It would make our Easter amazing just to have power for us and our 3 dogs.
Bootle

Post by Bootle »

I am an elderly lady living in Cleveland Georgia. I have received a disconnection notice from my power company and I have called all of the assistance programs in my area they are unable to help until March. I use electricity to heat with and my power will be turned off on April 22nd please respond as soon as possible. Thanks.
MikeDexter

Post by MikeDexter »

My mother is 55 years and lost her job years ago and is unable to find work. She has filed for disability, and her physical condition prevents her from obtaining work that she may be otherwise qualified for. Unable to financially assist, she needs help paying bills such as electric and water. She's tried to obtain aid from the local Salvation Army, but was told that she couldn't get assistance. She applied at the local human services department, but was told that there was a waiting list. Her electricity was turned off and continues to pile up on her. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Jstark

Post by Jstark »

I didn’t realize my electric was due to be shut off today. There is no place here in Fort Smith that has available help right now due to it being the end of the year. I’m a single mother of three and I wait tables for a living. I was off work yesterday and today.

The money I made the few days before was divided in between my rent and car insurance. My children already aren’t getting a Christmas from me unfortunately and I really don’t want them to have no electricity too. Please send me in the right direction for financial assistance. Thank you.
Betty

Post by Betty »

My ex- boyfriend was arrested in February for beating me up. He's not allowed cone back, which is a big relief. However, I took over the cottage that he had been renting and he was told to get the bills in his name when he first moved in, but never did it. The electricity bill is still in my landlords name, which has effected there payment history a great deal.
I'm working on getting my life put back together and I'm having a hard time doing so as I'm on disability. I desperately need some help and I don't know where to start. Basically, I need assistance paying the bill on this cottage, even thoughts in their name and the deposit to get it in my name, I was just informed it had to happen ASAP or I've got to move. If you or you know of any organization that can help me, I'd appreciate it.
JeanTail

Post by JeanTail »

Good morning, my name is Zeni. I am coming to you for assistance because I need help paying my unpaid electricity bill. I just moved into my new place at Prince Ave about a month ago. At the moment I did have power because the last tenants were still paying it. I only ask for a month if possible maybe 2 months of your help and I will responsibly take over after. If you are able to assist me that would help me so much. I am an independent women working towards getting my schooling finished and hopefully get a better job than my last one. I can't do my schooling without any electricity and I just know that I cannot do it by myself in the next 2 months and I am in desperate need of a miracle or a hand of help. Please if you can get a hold of me if you'd like to speak to me in person I can come in and meet you?  My name again is Zeni. Thank you for your time, I hope you hear from you soon. Have a nice evening :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you do not have power in Washington, and need assistance for that unpaid electricity bill, there are options in Washington. In fact many may be able to help you. Congrats on your new place, but try this for emergy bill help in Washington.
JeanTail wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm Good morning, my name is Zeni. I am coming to you for assistance because I need help paying my unpaid electricity bill. I just moved into my new place at Prince Ave about a month ago. At the moment I did have power because the last tenants were still paying it.