Air conditioning bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Zuckenberg
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Air conditioning bills

Post by Zuckenberg »

i was working as a caregiver caring for a hospice lady and she passed away leaving me unemployed without any income to pay bills, gas money to look for another job or food my husband was working as a helper and was laid off 4 weeks ago and unable to look for work as well please help if you can we would greatly appreciate it. Have lost all insurance and utilities that are possible to live without. Loosing power on monday so will have no air conditioner- which will cost a 500.00 deposit and 2 months bill to get cut back on if shut of. It has been 103 degrees heat index here everyday and I have a 4 year old daughter. Very scared.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Air conditioning bills

Post by Admin »

Many utility companies will have programs to protect families with young children, which category you may fall into. Find our listing of electric bill programs. Some companies may offer air conditioners, or fans for free too. Also look into weatherization programs as well.
Zuckenberg wrote:i was working as a caregiver caring for a hospice lady and she passed away leaving me unemployed without any income to pay bills, gas money to look for another job or food my husband was working as a helper and was laid off 4 weeks ago and unable to look for work as well please help if you can we would greatly appreciate it. Have lost all insurance and utilities that are possible to live without. Loosing power on monday so will have no air conditioner- which will cost a 500.00 deposit and 2 months bill to get cut back on if shut of. It has been 103 degrees heat index here everyday and I have a 4 year old daughter. Very scared.
Chelesa

Post by Chelesa »

To whom it may concern,
I am a disabled woman on SSI. I have a husband that is also disabled and on SSI. Two of my adult kids live with us and our youngest grandchild as well. We were assisted in the Illinois Weatherization program last year and given a new furnace, several new windows, two new doors in our trailer and some much needed floor repair (the floor repair was necessary for the contractors to be able to do the rest of the work). Although we enjoyed the heat during the winter months and a very slightly lower utility bill, we were very disconcerted to know that during the summer we would risk heat related health problems due to the fact that no air conditioning provisions were allowed. Heat is very well and good to people in a mobile home but staying cool is more important in most instances. My husband and I take medications that require us to not get overheated or risk heatstroke or death. My grandson is less than one year old and has slight breathing problems due to heat and needs to stay cool or risk asthma attacks and worsening breathing problems. I have acquired four window unit air conditioners from various friends and family members for modest fees and favors. I will be paying off two of them for the next six months with house cleaning services. A straining but necessary adjustment, to stay alive, of my routine. I'm pleading with this office to show compassion on those of us in the severely subpoverty level of existence. There are more people dying each year from heat related deaths than there are from cold related deaths. Heat is a necessity in winter but air conditioning is just as necessary in summer. Without it some of the elderly and disabled in this state will die just as surely as if they were left outside in the winter. I have been given estimates of upwards of $2500 to get the central air conditioner that my trailer will require to keep it at a reasonable temperature during this summer's severe heat. I know the state can get these implements at a much lower cost and the contractors that install the furnaces are HVAC certified so they can install the air conditioners as well. Please take in to consideration the many of us disabled and elderly that NEED to stay cool to stay alive. With the rise in utilities this next year and the high cost of them already, it is nearly impossible to pay for four window units on less than $2000 a month in income. My utility bills were already in the $300's - $400's before these window units were found and put to use. I'm definitely not looking forward to my next bill since installing them. Again, I am pleading with you to help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We usually recommend that people call their utility company first and ask for financial assistance, grants, and weatherization type programs. Most utility companies do offer low income assistance, programs for seniors, the disabled, and others. No the funds are not unlimited, but they give a short term break on electric bill when needed. The the listing of electric, gas, and other companies here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html

Chelesa wrote:To whom it may concern,
I am a disabled woman on SSI. I have a husband that is also disabled and on SSI. Two of my adult kids live with us and our youngest grandchild as well. We were assisted in the Illinois Weatherization program last year and given a new furnace, several new windows, two new doors in our trailer and some much needed floor repair (the floor repair was necessary for the contractors to be able to do the rest of the work). Although we enjoyed the heat during the winter months and a very slightly lower utility bill, we were very disconcerted to know that during the summer we would risk heat related health problems due to the fact that no air conditioning provisions were allowed. Heat is very well and good to people in a mobile home but staying cool is more important in most instances. My husband and I take medications that require us to not get overheated or risk heatstroke or death. My grandson is less than one year old and has slight breathing problems due to heat and needs to stay cool or risk asthma attacks and worsening breathing problems. I have acquired four window unit air conditioners from various friends and family members for modest fees and favors. I will be paying off two of them for the next six months with house cleaning services. A straining but necessary adjustment, to stay alive, of my routine. I'm pleading with this office to show compassion on those of us in the severely subpoverty level of existence. There are more people dying each year from heat related deaths than there are from cold related deaths. Heat is a necessity in winter but air conditioning is just as necessary in summer. Without it some of the elderly and disabled in this state will die just as surely as if they were left outside in the winter. I have been given estimates of upwards of $2500 to get the central air conditioner that my trailer will require to keep it at a reasonable temperature during this summer's severe heat. I know the state can get these implements at a much lower cost and the contractors that install the furnaces are HVAC certified so they can install the air conditioners as well. Please take in to consideration the many of us disabled and elderly that NEED to stay cool to stay alive. With the rise in utilities this next year and the high cost of them already, it is nearly impossible to pay for four window units on less than $2000 a month in income. My utility bills were already in the $300's - $400's before these window units were found and put to use. I'm definitely not looking forward to my next bill since installing them. Again, I am pleading with you to help us.
Anderson

Post by Anderson »

Hello,
I need help paying my Light as well as air conditioning Bill from last month. I was between jobs at the time and got behind. I now work for Bright House, if possible to help me catch up on the air cooling bill I will be able to assist myself in the future.
Emma

Post by Emma »

I am a single mother of three and I am not able to catch up with my electricity bill. My bill is currently close to $300. I am trying my best to keep everything paid by working a lot of hours but between daycare for two, a car note, rent, life and car insurance I am not able to do so. I would really appreciate it if I could get help this one time for this bill. I cannot afford to have my children in the dark with not electricity or air conditioning.