Gas shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Times
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas shut off

Post by Times »

my gas has been shut off for over 2 weeks now.i have had no hot water to take showers or do dishes.its been really hard since i live on the southwest side of indy and i just started my job in Carmel California so now im really struggling because im have to put so much into gas.if i could just get help getting my gas back on and making sure my water stays on for the next month i would be ok, but right now the first 2 checks im going to get are going to have to go to rent.i was unemployed for several months and my parents were helping me out, but now they are all out of money to help me and they are about to get their stuff shut off. i dont really know how to get help so if you could please give me some insight i would greatly appreciate it!thanks so much!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas shut off

Post by Admin »

I am sorry, is that Indiana that you live on the southwest side of? If so, then use our Indiana resources. They can be found here at Indiana electric bill programs and resource. Almost every energy provider in the state offer some form of grant program to the low income, which would of course be in addition to LIHEAP. For example, Duke Energy in Indiana runs the Helping Hand grant program at 1-800-521-2232.
Times wrote:my gas has been shut off for over 2 weeks now.i have had no hot water to take showers or do dishes.its been really hard since i live on the southwest side of indy and i just started my job in Carmel California so now im really struggling because im have to put so much into gas.if i could just get help getting my gas back on and making sure my water stays on for the next month i would be ok, but right now the first 2 checks im going to get are going to have to go to rent.i was unemployed for several months and my parents were helping me out, but now they are all out of money to help me and they are about to get their stuff shut off. i dont really know how to get help so if you could please give me some insight i would greatly appreciate it!thanks so much!
15Varet

Post by 15Varet »

Hello
First I had to put the gas bill in my name because my Father could not make the payments & so I put it in my name & he was able to pay it but then he got cancer & could not pay & I was taking care of him & had no income so I could not pay the bill & its now 800.00 & I have to move out from where I am at cause they are going to close it down & most places I called I have to pay gas & the gas com. Says if the bill is not paid in full they will not ok me to have service. Can you help me out?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

West Virginia does have a statewide discount program. It is known for helping those who now get Food Stamps, SSI, or WV WORKS. Qualified people can get up to a 20% discount on their monthly utility bills.
The exact details of the program can be found here. Use the link, and call around to Dominion Hope.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wes ... l_and.html
15Varet wrote:Hello
First I had to put the gas bill in my name because my Father could not make the payments & so I put it in my name & he was able to pay it but then he got cancer & could not pay & I was taking care of him & had no income so I could not pay the bill & its now 800.00 & I have to move out from where I am at cause they are going to close it down & most places I called I have to pay gas & the gas com. Says if the bill is not paid in full they will not ok me to have service. Can you help me out?
Sylvia

Post by Sylvia »

Our gas has been shutt off since 3-3-11 & our power for 2 weeks we r in a cold weather rule now & i would only have 2 pay $93 for gas 2 get on but mid American energy wont do anything for a pmt plan & want $600 2 turn power back on which we have an electric ignite on our furnace. we have kids and we r cold if i pay the $600 then i cant pay rent & rents not suppose 2 be late anymore ive tried red cross & salvation army & dont have a vehicle to go into town to try churches. this is horrible, called in sept 4 food stamps & just because my son didn't get papers back on time about his less then 15 hour a week job we were denied & had 2 appeal & next wk i have a phone hearing almost 2 months after i asked 4 help in the 1st place. its terrible 2 need help in this country & i don't want 2 b homeless again like we were 4 8 months of 2007. we r good people my husband & oldest son r in college & we r all trying but its get in really cold & dark in here.what do i do?..
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Cold weather rules are usually effective. Why was this not able to help you in your situation. Try installment plans, call your church instead of driving into town, re apply for food stamps, and keep chipping away and calling around and looking for help. As far as for your winter heating and power bills, try this Illinois heating bills. If you can get your power back on may help you prevent homelessness, as having power is one of the keys to staying in a home. Ask neighbors and other for help. Never be ashamed as it is difficult out there now.
Sylvia wrote:Our gas has been shutt off since 3-3-11 & our power for 2 weeks we r in a cold weather rule now & i would only have 2 pay $93 for gas 2 get on but mid American energy wont do anything for a pmt plan & want $600 2 turn power back on which we have an electric ignite on our furnace. we have kids and we r cold if i pay the $600 then i cant pay rent & rents not suppose 2 be late anymore ive tried red cross & salvation army & dont have a vehicle to go into town to try churches. this is horrible, called in sept 4 food stamps & just because my son didn't get papers back on time about his less then 15 hour a week job we were denied & had 2 appeal & next wk i have a phone hearing almost 2 months after i asked 4 help in the 1st place. its terrible 2 need help in this country & i don't want 2 b homeless again like we were 4 8 months of 2007. we r good people my husband & oldest son r in college & we r all trying but its get in really cold & dark in here.what do i do?..
Purcivil

Post by Purcivil »

Was wondering if you could tell me where someone could get help with their Gas bill. I know this man who lives in Elizabeth, NJ in Union county who has had his gas shut off for almost two months now. He is struggling to pay his rent and put food on his table even though he is a working man. He is terminally ill and his wife has her own medical issues and can not work to help out. The cold weather is here and they really need some kind of help. Any info you could send me would be appreciated. I need to get these people some kind of help and soon. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have a listing of gas bill assistance programs in New Jersey, including Elizabeth. Call your local Salvation Army, community action agency, and also look into programs and grants offered by your NJ utility company too, which are listed on the main site.
Purcivil wrote:Was wondering if you could tell me where someone could get help with their Gas bill. I know this man who lives in Elizabeth, NJ in Union county who has had his gas shut off for almost two months now. He is struggling to pay his rent and put food on his table even though he is a working man. He is terminally ill and his wife has her own medical issues and can not work to help out. The cold weather is here and they really need some kind of help. Any info you could send me would be appreciated. I need to get these people some kind of help and soon. Thank you
Jaketapper

Post by Jaketapper »

My gas has been turned off for a while. It is summer time and the heat is unbearable. So bad I have had to live on the streets rather than my own home. This situation I am in is not getting any better. Vandals are going in my home destroying my property and taking what ever they like. It is a problem I myself have not been able to fix. The natural gas bill is $700.00 and I have tried to come up with the money many times. And then a tire on my truck goes bad. Some one broke a window at my home to get in now the window has got to be replaced and precautions to keep vandals out is costly. Please help me set me up on a plan to pay back the money. I live in Arkansas.
Johnson19

Post by Johnson19 »

I have a gas bill for over a $1000.00 and need assistance. I don't understand how it could be that high and I just received the first bill in over 4 months. I tried calling and there system is always down. In addition, owe back rent to landlord 2,500. Have a court agreement for 150.00 a month until its paid. I have no home have been living with family but its burdensome for everyone involved. I don't bring home a lot of money, only 250.00 per week take home. I don't get SSI I work full time. This gas bills from Michigan power companies may cause us to be evicted even sooner. I really need some help and need someone to assist and guide me through never have needed this don't know who or where to go feel lost. Thank you for your help.
Josepha

Post by Josepha »

Good morning, I am a mother of one, and I work part time and attend school. I am 21 years of age and currently my gas has been turned off. I'm seeking help immediately for a $167.50 payment. If someone could please help us we would really appreciate it!
THANK YOU!!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I currently came across your web site and saw that you guys help low income families pay there electrical bill when there are funds. Wondering if this program is available and what I need to do to see if I qualify. My gas just got turned off yesterday, I am looking for a job but currently I'm unemployed and I have a 1 year old and 2 year old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.