need help with electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
meachie1109
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with electric bill

Post by meachie1109 »

Hello my name is Demetria Wright, I live in Smyrna Ga Where I have lived here for 4years. I've worked up until I was Laid off job resently, and due to the extreme heat this summer my bill became past due. I tried to pay something on acct several times, which was'nt enough to stop the disconnection notice. Please help me find some assistance with this bill.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help with electric bill

Post by Admin »

You have come to the right place for information. We can provide you phone numbers and info, but you need to make the calls and apply to programs, etc. Try this for assistance in Cobb County, including Marietta and your town in Smyrna Georgia. Call the non-profits, agencies, charities, etc. and ask them for financial help and referrals.
Of course always call your utility provider in GA too. A listing of Georgia utility assistance can be found, and each energy provider is listed with phone numbers and programs noted. Who is your utility company, Georgia Power?
meachie1109 wrote:Hello my name is Demetria Wright, I live in Smyrna Ga Where I have lived here for 4years. I've worked up until I was Laid off job resently, and due to the extreme heat this summer my bill became past due. I tried to pay something on acct several times, which was'nt enough to stop the disconnection notice. Please help me find some assistance with this bill.
Alford

Post by Alford »

To Whom:
I am in need of 109.00 dollars to pay June's (2012) electricity bill as a one-time act. I am also 200.00 dollars short on my house payment for June (2012). Because of my energy assistance ending and extra medical bills & extra costs of auto licensing, & insurance fees, I am not able to cover the entire cost of all my bills for June 2012.
If any help can be awarded at this time for a one-time help, I will be able to make it through the month. And then be able to cover each bill here after. I am a low-income resident of Lansing Michigan, on SSI. It pays me 698.00 dollars each month. It just isn't enough for this month with all the extra bills that I was hit with at this time. Each month is a struggle of course but I manage usually to pay most, just not this once. I have never asked for assistance before, so this is Really hard for me to do, but was told by a health care adviser that you maybe could help me. And this is one time I Really need to ask for help. I didn't know where to turn to. Thank-you for your time & assistance in this matter.
AngelaM

Post by AngelaM »

Hello, unfortunately I live in the state of Kentucky. I have had trouble with my electric company this month. I have paid my bills on time since I established service in August. This month of March I received a bill but was unable to pay it. It was due the third and I was sent a disconnect notice on the fourth. I went in and told them that I could pay the whole bill but it would not be until the 19. They shut off the service on the 12. Due to this I have lost all my food and have had to spend more to eat out and try to go to places for warmth. My job performance has suffered due to my problems with arthritis and a skin condition. I told them to finalize the bill so I would not be charged the extra reconnect fee and to send the rest of the deposit to me. They found a way to take the whole deposit plus charge me 19 more dollars. It costs 245 as a deposit which is more than I can handle right now having to buy all my food out and having no way to cook it. I was also affected by being robbed at gunpoint earlier this year and losing $2100 which can never be recovered. To make matters worse the reason why I could not afford it was because I was also a victim of job discrimination and lost time from work to that. I also lost my first paycheck from my new job due to a case of ID theft with my bank. It seems that Kentucky is the worst place to live and need help. If there are any ways to get assistance please let me know. I can even pay it back in March when I receive my school money. Thank you for your help.
gracie

Post by gracie »

I have fallen about 6 months behind on my rent. I do hair and have run a salon out of my home for almost 4 years and I have one child. For three years I had a lady that rented a hair station from me but she retired and I don't have a full clientele so I am looking for a job elsewhere.

There are many things that have caused this problem in falling behind but if any further questions need to be answered just ask. Hours drastically cut back to 5 hours a week at work. Need help paying electric bill, ($331.25.) Was due for shut off 3/29/2014, but asked them to hold off as I sought help. Have looked everywhere to no avail. Please, is there any help out there? Please contact me via email and let me know if there's anything I can do. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why does it cost $245 per month for a utility bills? Not only is that ridiculously high, but that is even more true in Kentucky. Service should be much cheaper down there, and look into payment plans and other solutions too. Also, if you are not happy with living in Kentucky, we suggest you leave. No one forces and person to live anywhere. But as far as the energy bills go, find programs for utility bills in Kentucky.
Moodys

Post by Moodys »

Hi,
I recently lost my job and I have been looking for one however haven't had any luck. I need help paying my bills. My electric is ready to be disconnected next week and my gas has been disconnected. I haven't needed that service since it hasn't been cold but I am a mother of 4 and have no source of income; only food stamps. I will really appreciate if someone would let me know what the requirements to qualify for assistance are.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you are a mother of 4 with no source of income, electric bills are the last of your problem. Food stamps can't feed an entire family. You need a job, income, financial help, and much more. For short term relief for your electricity, find electric bill help.
Makeligh

Post by Makeligh »

Hello, I'm went through an 18 year abusive marriage, have been separated since last March. I'm trying desperately to make it on my own by need emergency assistance for my electric bill by tomorrow? I owe almost $300 and will be turned off if I cannot pay at least $170...But I only have $40 to my name for the rest of the month. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you only owe $170, that is not a huge amount. Maybe try the Louisiana LIHEAP program.
There is an emergency component, offered by the state DHS, that can provide LIHEAP grants within hours. But since you only have until tomorrow, it may be too late.

Makeligh wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 pm Hello, I'm went through an 18 year abusive marriage, have been separated since last March. I'm trying desperately to make it on my own by need emergency assistance for my electric bill by tomorrow? I owe almost $300 and will be turned off if I cannot pay at least $170...But I only have $40 to my name for the rest of the month. Please help me.