Losing utilities and and disabled

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
TheSmiths
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Losing utilities and and disabled

Post by TheSmiths »

Gentlemen:
Thank you* for the opportunity to explain my situation and *request your help*. I am a disabled American who lives in Denver and who was the wild sheep, doing his own thing and focusing on his Mother's Parkinson's and health until she passed away. This means I had not paid in recent funds into social security, so I got SSI Disability. The last few years I've been cutting and cutting my lifestyle and budget, so that I can live on the $674 per month. Its been very difficult and challenging to live on that in Denver. Because of my own disability (Parkinson's, Pain & Nerve problems, and more) I had to move into a ground floor rental which is far from energy "tight" and this cold winter and incredibly hot summer has been tough on me - well really impossible. I am about to get my Power *turned off* and owe $460.53. Also my Gas is $172.38 and my Water is $184.49 and both will be *turned off* if I do not make full payments to them. These bills represent two months of service each as I've been paying the month behind and now these utilities are not willing to allow me to continue to do so. I'm not quite sure what to do. This is my worst financial situation I've had since I first went on SSI. I'm at the end of the line and need your help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Losing utilities and and disabled

Post by Admin »

That is great that tried to help your mother. We do have information on energy bill assistance programs by state, including for the disabled and people with lower incomes. Read about electric bill assistance, including the state of Colorado and Denver is covered too. Why did the utility companies say you can no longer pay one month behind or late? Usually as long as make an effort to pay, whether a month late or even a portion of the electric bill, most utilities work with the customer. Call them and try again.
TheSmiths wrote:Gentlemen:
Thank you* for the opportunity to explain my situation and *request your help*. I am a disabled American who lives in Denver and who was the wild sheep, doing his own thing and focusing on his Mother's Parkinson's and health until she passed away. This means I had not paid in recent funds into social security, so I got SSI Disability. The last few years I've been cutting and cutting my lifestyle and budget, so that I can live on the $674 per month. Its been very difficult and challenging to live on that in Denver. Because of my own disability (Parkinson's, Pain & Nerve problems, and more) I had to move into a ground floor rental which is far from energy "tight" and this cold winter and incredibly hot summer has been tough on me - well really impossible. I am about to get my Power *turned off* and owe $460.53. Also my Gas is $172.38 and my Water is $184.49 and both will be *turned off* if I do not make full payments to them. These bills represent two months of service each as I've been paying the month behind and now these utilities are not willing to allow me to continue to do so. I'm not quite sure what to do. This is my worst financial situation I've had since I first went on SSI. I'm at the end of the line and need your help.
Knuckledown

Post by Knuckledown »

Hello. I am currently looking for assistance on some utilities bills. I am way behind on water, electric, and my gas. My husband had two heart attacks in the month of December 2011. His doctors added more meds to the ones that he is currently on. So all of the money that I had went on the meds and now I am trying my best to get everything caught up on my own. I have three children who live in my home, and with me being the only one that works it makes it really hard to get anything accomplished at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated that you can refer me towards. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are behind on all those utilities, then your need is great. Many programs do focus on people with children, or medical conditions. Which sounds like both may apply for you. Find our main listing of electric bill help, which does include water and gas too.
Knuckledown wrote:Hello. I am currently looking for assistance on some utilities bills. I am way behind on water, electric, and my gas. My husband had two heart attacks in the month of December 2011. His doctors added more meds to the ones that he is currently on. So all of the money that I had went on the meds and now I am trying my best to get everything caught up on my own. I have three children who live in my home, and with me being the only one that works it makes it really hard to get anything accomplished at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated that you can refer me towards. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
TracMaz

Post by TracMaz »

I am a disabled widow. On a very low-income. Under$700 per month. I need help now with utility bills (txu and water) and $500.00 for the others. I only have until tomorrow to come up with the money. I hate having to even ask for help. You always think you have planned for everything. I live in Houston Texas. My utility bills where bad enough. I was then disabled. My SSI payments are not enough for all of my bills, and I can't work. That took everything we had plus more. I there are some place that can help. Please I have to now today. Thank you
NilaP

Post by NilaP »

I live alone and am disabled I have a monthly income of only $176.00. I’m waiting for a disability claim to be awarded. I have two utility shut off notice, water and power, my city account # is 1234. I need $90 to keep this service on in New Orleans. My avista bill is 3 months behind and snap isn’t taking appointments until December 28th. If you can help in any way would be a blessing. Thank You and God Bless
Sayers

Post by Sayers »

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my sister. She has a large balance on both her electric and gas bill. She receives less than $1,000/month SSDI and has recently had her power disconnected. We worked with the Salvation Army and they graciously paid their $300 maximum benefit and I was able to help her a little bit to help her at least get her power restored. She has also been able to qualify for Energy Assistance program as she is disabled.
We have made payment arrangements with the energy company for the back bill at but with her medical bills she will not have any additional money left over for food or other necessities. If we could get these back utility bills paid off it would definitely be a big relief going forward. Thank you so much for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not offer cash aid. Ask the Salvation Army in South Dakota for additional resources. But it is great they gave her the $300. Maybe the case managers there have other suggesstion for your disabled sister. As they can be a source of referrals, information, etc.
Insta

Post by Insta »

Hi, I would like to have help with my light bill and water bill and gas bill and phone bill as I am disabled. I be very thankful for anything to help me out this month. My rent is due now and my lights will be turned off on the 17th. My phone will be turned off on the 18th and my water will be turned off soon.
I don't have it to have my gas turned on so I can cook. I lost my roommate last month and I have her dogs. I need help with food and treats for them. Anything will help, thank you so much.
Gotta give

Post by Gotta give »

I was wondering to where can I go to help my mother with her utilities bills, she's disabled and she's desperately needs help. We have called Wateree and they don't have any funds at this moment. I live with my mother along with my 3 boys and my sister whom passed away in 2008 (her 2 children) and my baby sister's 8 year old daughter. I'm the only 1 working but I have my bills to pay and I help my mother out with what I can but it’s tough on the both of us. Easter is coming in 7 weeks and we both don't know where Easter is going to be like for these beautiful children. I recently had a baby a year ago who is semi deaf and is born with Teacher's Collins Syndrome and has a G Tube Button in his belly and has been in NICU from the time he was born (June 3 2018) up until his release last month.
I'm not trying to put pity for someone to feel sorry but it’s my mother and I doing this alone with food and barely making it for clothes and shoes to put on their backs and feet’s. Our children are growing daily and lights are extremely high for my mom. I would love to know where I can go to get help getting her lights down and what I can do to help. I'm trying so hard to look for a place of my own so that it wouldn't be so much on my mom with her electric bill. If I can get some information to help my mom, I would be so appreciated and grateful. I thank you for reading this email. We're from Columbia SC and I'm sorry for not putting it there. Thank you again.
DeniseRadford

Re: Losing utilities and disabled

Post by DeniseRadford »

I am reaching out on behalf of my mother. She is on disability, and her electricity has been cut off for two months with the warm weather approaching. I am very concerned that she will fall into being very sick due to her illness after losing her utilities. With the heat starting she is at risk or possibly becoming homeless and Community Action has a crisis program. They did help her with $178. I think I made sure she got to the appointment and now I’m just not sure how to go about getting utilities turned back on. We live in the state of Kentucky. She lives in Radcliff, 40160 and at this time, just looking for someone that can advocate for myself and her as well and she struggles with declining mental health due to feeling hopeless and helpless. Thank you for your time.