Utilities turned off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Xaxman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utilities turned off

Post by Xaxman »

Xcel has turned off my electric. I just started a new job after being without a job for 4 months. Xcel will not help me at all. I'm without electric and utilities until I can come up with $400. My family has helped me in many ways, but they are hurting right now also. I called one assist program and they asked what race I was. I told them white and they said they couldn't help. I was also asked by another if I had dependents, I reply 'No'. It's hard for everyone now days. Thank you for reading this.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Utilities turned off

Post by Admin »

Xcel Energy operates in many midwestern states. Where do you live? Is in Xcel in Minnesota. If so, find ways to get Minnesota energy bill assistance, in particualr from a program known as the Home Electric Savings Program. It gives free AC units and other grants. Xcel also offers the LIHEAP utility bill assistance program.
Xaxman wrote:Xcel has turned off my electric. I just started a new job after being without a job for 4 months. Xcel will not help me at all. I'm without electric and utilities until I can come up with $400. My family has helped me in many ways, but they are hurting right now also. I called one assist program and they asked what race I was. I told them white and they said they couldn't help. I was also asked by another if I had dependents, I reply 'No'. It's hard for everyone now days. Thank you for reading this.
Wegerskia99

Post by Wegerskia99 »

I have an outstanding utility bill that I need help paying in order to get service in my house as it was turned off. I had been disconnected about a year ago. I have a new place that I'm renting but can't stay in until I have utilities. I have 3 kids & 2 dogs... 1 of my children has a heart condition & another has asthma. I have an appointment on Oct 26th but would like 2 get to stay in my home ASAP. Can you assist me in any way?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How have you been living there without power in a year? The state of New Hampshire offers many financial assistance and reconnection programs. Find all of the New Hampshire heating programs here. One program is offered across the state to all families, and it is known as Neighbors Helping Neighbors program. Call your utility company and refer to it by name in order to sign up, or get referred to local agencies or not for profits.
Wegerskia99 wrote:I have an outstanding utility bill that I need help paying in order to get service in my house as it was turned off. I had been disconnected about a year ago. I have a new place that I'm renting but can't stay in until I have utilities. I have 3 kids & 2 dogs... 1 of my children has a heart condition & another has asthma. I have an appointment on Oct 26th but would like 2 get to stay in my home ASAP. Can you assist me in any way?
Jeremiah1

Post by Jeremiah1 »

Our gas and power was turned off about 4 weeks ago and I have a 14 year-old son. We went to pay the bill but I already had existing bills in my name so therefore I wasn’t able to turn on the utilities. I'm 55 years old and I am working but my job isn’t paying very much. If you could assist us we would greatly appreciate it.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I recently lost my job (two weeks ago) and I do not have any money to pay my rent or my electric bill (which is due today-past due). I just got another job but I will probably not get a pay check until to weeks from now. My electric bill is due, and also my rent, I just need help to get through this trying time and I will be able to manage from there.
Brice1

Post by Brice1 »

Hello, I’m in Suffolk Count NY & need help to pay a past Electric bill (was LIPA now PSEG). I own the home and have to change the PSEG account back into my name but having a past amount due since 2010 of approximately 1,200 ...they will not allow it until this is paid & cannot offer a payment plan.
I currently receive Snap (EBT Food Stamp), Medicaid & am eligible for HEAP but they can't help pay a past bill nor will they assist with the current account because it is not in my name (but is due to be shut off at any time). Any help to pay my past bill so that I can take over the account would be greatly appreciated as I just can't afford that amt also being behind in mortgage, etc. Thanks for any assistance.
TimMac

Post by TimMac »

I started living with a guy friend last year when he was working his back went out on him he hasn't been able to get disability yet and well for the last 3 or 4 months we have been without all utilities; water and heat AND lights. We truly need somebody to help us to get everything back on for many reasons but the main reason is my kids got taken and he has been helping me stay on the right track and keep focused on getting them back. And we been having a hard time with utilities since he got arrested in November and that's when it all started going downhill. Please if anything pray.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are financial assistance programs from the government and non-profits that help people get their electric utilities turned back on. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html
Many utility companies also offer services. Maybe they waive a connection fee. Or they give a low cost payment plan to pay that deposit. Regardless, there are ways to get help.
TimMac wrote:I started living with a guy friend last year when he was working his back went out on him he hasn't been able to get disability yet and well for the last 3 or 4 months we have been without all utilities; water and heat AND lights. We truly need somebody to help us to get everything back on for many reasons but the main reason is my kids got taken and he has been helping me stay on the right track and keep focused on getting them back. And we been having a hard time with utilities since he got arrested in November and that's when it all started going downhill. Please if anything pray.