Propane bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
ThomasLee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Propane bills

Post by ThomasLee »

My wife has left our household and has also left a $549.00 propane bill. Because this bill has reached such a high amount they have removed the regulator from my tanks and we now have no propane use which in turn we are unable to use our hot water. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and another baby whos due date is 8/22/11. I am not sure where to turn to DSS will not help because i have a job but my income does not even come close to being able to take care of this bill and others. The company has told me that I need to pay the bill in total before they will restore service. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Propane bills

Post by Admin »

The not for profit Dollar Energy Fund may be your best option. It is available in most Northeaster states. In your state it is known as the Pennsylvania Hardship Program, and almost 15 different gas and electric providers across PA participate in it. Read more on the Dollar Energy Fund and the grants that are available from the program.
ThomasLee wrote:My wife has left our household and has also left a $549.00 propane bill. Because this bill has reached such a high amount they have removed the regulator from my tanks and we now have no propane use which in turn we are unable to use our hot water. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and another baby whos due date is 8/22/11. I am not sure where to turn to DSS will not help because i have a job but my income does not even come close to being able to take care of this bill and others. The company has told me that I need to pay the bill in total before they will restore service. Thank you for your time.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

I need help with Propane bills in Kansas City for the winter and a new roof. They are saying it's going to cost 1199.60 to fill my tank and that is if I get it filled in September. It's more if I wait. My roof has started to leak last year and it's 4 years past its guarantee. I'm on SSI only and I'm the only one in my household. I've tried to handle things on my own but I can't anymore. I don't know if you can help me or not but I have to ask. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

I think you do want to buy that propane now with gas and oil prices so low. You never know what tomorrow may bring, but the price of oil and propane have come way down. So buy it now for your Kansas City home. Look into weatherization for those roof repairs. Find our Kansas City Missouri energy assistance programs and resources, such as the Dollar Aide program 816-364-2381 and LIHEAP.
Redwoods wrote:I need help with Propane bills in Kansas City for the winter and a new roof. They are saying it's going to cost 1199.60 to fill my tank and that is if I get it filled in September. It's more if I wait. My roof has started to leak last year and it's 4 years past its guarantee. I'm on SSI only and I'm the only one in my household. I've tried to handle things on my own but I can't anymore. I don't know if you can help me or not but I have to ask. Thank you for your time.