Seeking help for power and water bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
saw5045
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Seeking help for power and water bills

Post by saw5045 »

I am seeking assistance to pay my utility bills. Such as power and water. I live in Fernandina Beach, FL which is also Nassau County. I ve lost my job and can barely afford to eat. I looked up a program called LIHEAP however, when I called the agency that was listed I was told that I had to call back on Friday so, I could work on getting an appointment scheduled for the following week. However, I may lose my power before then so, I am sure that with the heat we are having right now I will be in the hospital. Are there any other places I may be able to look? I have always worked and paid my bills on time and even donated money in the past to help others in need. I just don't know where to turn because I've never been in a situation such as this. Could someone please, help turn me in the correct direction? The place that I called I saw online for a prgram called LIHEAP and the people to call was the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. What I don't understand is why I must wait for a week before I can set an appointment that may end up being another week of waiting for appointment. The lady who answered the phone said to call back on Friday afternoon to attempt to schedule an appointment within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, I'd really appreciate hearing them!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Seeking help for power and water bills

Post by Admin »

Call your local utility company and ask them for financial aid programs and other support. Maybe have disconnection prevention programs and services. In addition, look into local charities and non-profits in Nassasu County and Fernandina Beach. When you called the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. for LIHEAP that was a good move. Also try calling other Nassau County assistance programs for help. Another good one, that may have assistance, is Nassau FL Salvation Army at (904) 301-4875. Call back like the lady said too. Did you do that? What happened?

saw5045 wrote:I am seeking assistance to pay my utility bills. Such as power and water. I live in Fernandina Beach, FL which is also Nassau County. I ve lost my job and can barely afford to eat. I looked up a program called LIHEAP however, when I called the agency that was listed I was told that I had to call back on Friday so, I could work on getting an appointment scheduled for the following week. However, I may lose my power before then so, I am sure that with the heat we are having right now I will be in the hospital. Are there any other places I may be able to look? I have always worked and paid my bills on time and even donated money in the past to help others in need. I just don't know where to turn because I've never been in a situation such as this. Could someone please, help turn me in the correct direction? The place that I called I saw online for a prgram called LIHEAP and the people to call was the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. What I don't understand is why I must wait for a week before I can set an appointment that may end up being another week of waiting for appointment. The lady who answered the phone said to call back on Friday afternoon to attempt to schedule an appointment within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, I'd really appreciate hearing them!
Patty

Post by Patty »

hello there i am writing to see if i could get help with my water bill and my electric bill. i live in Minneapolis. my water bill is $800 and my electric is $1200. i got behind my husband left me with 3 kids, if i could get some help and also how i go about maybe getting a grant to pay these things before they get shut off. thanks for you time and help
Zuckenberg

Post by Zuckenberg »

Hi I am looking or help to pay my water bill in the city of El Mirage Arizona my husband had emergency surgery he has returned to work and the HOA is garnishing his wages for 25% of his weekly check were being sued by our neighbor is taking us to court for my son throwing rock on the day my husband had surgery and to top it off my debit card was stolen and they took our our savings I really could use any help u can offer thx very much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water bills are always harder to get help with...just not as many programs. That being said, call around to your Maricopa and El Mirage community action agency, non-profits,or local charities. A listing of Maricopa assistance programs can be found here. Your credit card company needs to protect you by law. You cant be responsibile for illegal charges. All consumers are protected from that by federal law.
Zuckenberg wrote:Hi I am looking or help to pay my water bill in the city of El Mirage Arizona my husband had emergency surgery he has returned to work and the HOA is garnishing his wages for 25% of his weekly check were being sued by our neighbor is taking us to court for my son throwing rock on the day my husband had surgery and to top it off my debit card was stolen and they took our our savings I really could use any help u can offer thx very much
LindaBurke

Post by LindaBurke »

Georgia
I mm disabled i have an income of 840.00 a month. my utility's are all behind and my son dose not have work and lives with me. my water is off and my power will be shut off St Pattys day. and the water will be shut of very soon to. so that means no water no power and no phone and that means no contact with the outside world. i have been behind on my utility's for over a year now and i cant ever catch up. there is bleach in the toilets to keep them from souring and i can survive without water for a month or to but as soon as my power goes out not only cant i cook but all my food will go bad because i cant afford ice. you might think this is getting me down or the fact that people i helped out over the years wont return the favor but i have learned that life throws you things that can overwhelm you at times and if you lose your smile then you have lost everything.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Finding water bill assistance is harder then funds and money for utilities. Can you send not find a job, or does her get unemployment? Many utility companies do have programs that focus or prioritize the disabled, and find your Georgia utility programs and resources for you. If you have been behind a year then in some ways you are fortunate that the power may only go off now. Can you get money from any other family or friends? Also look into the LIHEAP crisis program, as that is a fund for emergency situations which you may qualify for.
LindaBurke wrote:Georgia
I mm disabled i have an income of 840.00 a month. my utility's are all behind and my son dose not have work and lives with me. my water is off and my power will be shut off St Pattys day. and the water will be shut of very soon to. so that means no water no power and no phone and that means no contact with the outside world. i have been behind on my utility's for over a year now and i cant ever catch up. there is bleach in the toilets to keep them from souring and i can survive without water for a month or to but as soon as my power goes out not only cant i cook but all my food will go bad because i cant afford ice. you might think this is getting me down or the fact that people i helped out over the years wont return the favor but i have learned that life throws you things that can overwhelm you at times and if you lose your smile then you have lost everything.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

I'm currently about to get my power shut off on Wednesday June 8th, due to a recent injury I'm unable to work. I'm looking for any way to help prevent shut off of my power I can come up with most of the money but due to an extra $150.00 deposit and a $50 collection fee I am in able to pay the full amount before they shut it off. They will not except any amount less than the full extend the deadline... I live in Seattle WA. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Esparity

Post by Esparity »

I NEED HELP DESPERATELY. MY HUSBAND COMPANY CLOSED AFTER HE HAD WORKED THERE 18 YEARS. HE DREW UNEMPLOYMENT UNTIL JANUARY 20, HE IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIND JOB. MY PARENTS ARE HELPING UNTIL HE FINDS A JOB. HE HAS BEEN CUTTING WOOD AND TAKING SCRAP METAL TRYING TO MAKE ANY MONEY. WE TRIED TO GET HELP WITH OUR MORTGAGE UNDER SCHELPITH MORTGAGE COMPANY. MY POWER BILL IS LATE AND I GOT A CUT-OFF NOTICE UNTIL 8-22. WE CALLED TWO PLACES THAT THE POWER COMPANY GAVE ME BUT THEY HAVE NO FUNDING. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND GOD SPEED.
Mushy

Post by Mushy »

I'm a 61 year old female that is living in a low income area in Pinellas Park. I'm having a problem with making my power bill this month. I'm hoping you can help. I'm really scared cause I can't do it this month. My account number is.with Duke Energy. Please find it in your heart to help me. I can't work anymore due to I have RA in my left side and its going into my right side.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Sorry no funding here just a wealth of resource information. I would start by calling your electric company and see if you can work something out with them, there are payment plan options most everywhere. In addition call 211 for more resources.
Clipperrs

Post by Clipperrs »

Hi there. I live on the island of Oahu, Honolulu. I live on the east side of the island, well we used to live in a household of 6 people now today its only 2. I'm trying to say we need help, today we still don't have no water & electricity and we really in need help. Our living condition are very hard, but just living by the grace of god we are surviving each and everyday. So if someone out there please help my family & I, thank-you very much for your time & patience.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

Need help paying water bill (City of Pharr) and electricity bill (Magic Valley Electric), I have disconnect notices for both that are about to expire. I am unemployed and separated with 3 children 14 years, 12 years and a 9 year old. I receive SNAP and Medicaid for all.
Hailey

Post by Hailey »

I recently applied for assistance through turning points Manatee County for help with deposit to move into a house after being homeless for 5 months with my children. I found that my caseworker did everything that he could to not be helpful and offered to help with Power and Water instead of any help with deposit on my home in which I still owe money but now I am stuck with no power and water and have been out of work due to an accident.
I was toned by braces taxi. I have health issues my daughter and I are sick. She's five and any attempt at trying to reach my case worker has been ignored he is very unresponsive very unprofessional. I don't like asking for help I rarely go to any program at all to receive any assistance but I am desperate for help with my power if anything and I don't know where to go from here. If you can please guide me in the direction that I need to go that would be greatly appreciated. They case worker at turning points has received everything he has asked of me including my final notice from FPL and still will not communicate with me at all. Thank you for your time.
SARALUVV

Post by SARALUVV »

Yes, to whom it may concern. I am seeking help for water and power bills.
I have no power or water. I have been living in my house with no power or water for 2 months and 2 weeks and I am seeking help getting it turned back on. I was going to do it by myself but it took everything I had saved up for the down payment on my car cause my other car got stolen. And I need a car to get me back and forth to work. My water and power bill is 249.00 and now since it's been shut off they want 300.00 dollars deposit. They need this with the power bill.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.