need help paying my power bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
wrencher
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help paying my power bill

Post by wrencher »

I got a crushed foot,hurt on job after 6 years of good work.The owner denied any help and is trying to sue me at mags court,also i have drs statement out of work till aug.14th and been out since may29th.how can i get help i already got a few food stamps and dont want my power off,have a new job waiting but 2 more weeks before i go back to dr and should get released.I am hearing impaired so my son helps me on his phone at 803-917-2614,Somebody please help and i even tryed turning the company in for illegal activities and dumping but no good.thanks for reading.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help paying my power bill

Post by Admin »

Use the main site to find hundreds of places to call for help with power bills and other aid. For example, this resource you can use to read about ways to get help with electric bills in South Carolina. Like the major SC utility company, Duke Power, runs the Share the Warmth assistance program for the low income.
wrencher wrote:I got a crushed foot,hurt on job after 6 years of good work.The owner denied any help and is trying to sue me at mags court,also i have drs statement out of work till aug.14th and been out since may29th.how can i get help i already got a few food stamps and dont want my power off,have a new job waiting but 2 more weeks before i go back to dr and should get released.I am hearing impaired so my son helps me on his phone at 803-917-2614,Somebody please help and i even tryed turning the company in for illegal activities and dumping but no good.thanks for reading.
BPMigas

Post by BPMigas »

i recently went out of work due to a knee injury i was due to go back to work on the 5th of sept when i had gone to get water from the salvation army because are power was out due to the storm well when i went to get the water on my way out off the church my knee gave out and i fell hard and re injured my knee again i was already out off work becau8se off a injury to that knee from july 19 and was due to go back on the 5th off sept when i fell again and know might have to have surgery again and i was still waiting on the disability to come three which is only a third off what i was getting when i worked i still owe 370.0n aug rent my orange and rockland bill just came in for 199. my cable bill which is 156. and i will owe sept rent on the 15 which is 870.00 a month and i recently took in my grand daughter and her mother because her parents threw her out my husband and to sons also live with me one is the father of the baby i have know idea what im going to do because my husband is disabled and does not work and gets ssd and workmens comp which isnt much my job payed for every thing ive been with my job for 11 years i will be able to go back to work but probably not for a least another month or so so if you know of any one that can help me please let me know ok
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well I doubt you can get help for cable bills. Go to basic cable. As far as electricity, power, and light bills, look into LIHEAP program. This can provide emergency aid to stop a disconnection, offer access to non-profits, and provide other aid and support. Every state runs its owns low income energy assistance program (LIHEAP).
BPMigas wrote:i recently went out of work due to a knee injury i was due to go back to work on the 5th of sept when i had gone to get water from the salvation army because are power was out due to the storm well when i went to get the water on my way out off the church my knee gave out and i fell hard and re injured my knee again i was already out off work becau8se off a injury to that knee from july 19 and was due to go back on the 5th off sept when i fell again and know might have to have surgery again and i was still waiting on the disability to come three which is only a third off what i was getting when i worked i still owe 370.0n aug rent my orange and rockland bill just came in for 199. my cable bill which is 156. and i will owe sept rent on the 15 which is 870.00 a month and i recently took in my grand daughter and her mother because her parents threw her out my husband and to sons also live with me one is the father of the baby i have know idea what im going to do because my husband is disabled and does not work and gets ssd and workmens comp which isnt much my job payed for every thing ive been with my job for 11 years i will be able to go back to work but probably not for a least another month or so so if you know of any one that can help me please let me know ok
Namco

Post by Namco »

Hello,
We live on Monmouth County New Jersey. We are picking up the pieces of hurricane Sandy. We are a family of 4. I, my husband and our two young children. We are about to move into a new home and we are behind on our electric and gas bill. After Sandy hit my husband lost work and our bills were left unpaid. Things are getting better now. Husband is working full time and we are moving. Finally normalcy after this long journey. We need to pay off these bills to get service turned on in our new place. If you could point is in the right direction that would be great. Thank you so much.
scurry

Post by scurry »

My power has been recently shut off. I was already having problems due to water leakage under my apartment so my bedroom became uninhabitable. I intermittently was staying there while waiting for my bedroom floor to dry from water leak. I came home one day to no power. I have a 18 year old student and an 11 year old. I am a single mom finding it hard to find work as I was laid-off over 1 year ago. I am extremely strapped for funds; every penny I get goes to my rent and my bills get put aside. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
aura

Post by aura »

Unfortunately I am unemployed right now. I have been trying to find a job and I am receiving unemployment. I am currently overdue on my last power bill and I have pushed back my upcoming bill until July 27th. I have been trying to find ways to make money but everything I have come up with has gone to rent/water/gas/insurance. I have ran out of options and I am desperate. I contacted Alabama power and they directed me towards your organization and said y'all might be able to help. Anything will help. Thank you,