Electric Shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
trying
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric Shut off

Post by trying »

Electric got shut off it was in my soon to be X husbands name and I tried to put in in my name because they shut it off but they wont. I am on disability and have 3 teenagers.. And I owed 1700 on it .. I came up with 1000 and still owe 700 and change .. I have been trying everywhere to get help in Rhode Island but cant seem to find it.. Please if anyone knows somewhere let me know.
trying to live

Re: Electric Shut off

Post by trying to live »

I hate doing this because im usally the one that helps. my husband passed away 3 yrs ago, and we didnt have insurance and his death was suddenly. he came home and walk thru door and fell of a heart attack. i get 516.00 month disability and its just not enough to pay uitilities ,I pay some on all but then one doesnt get paid. after a while you just get so late you cant cautch up. Ive sold my car, my husbands matco toolbox i dont have anything left. ive ask for help thru most aggenices but they say theres no funds. my powers off now and im having to stay here and there. im running out of places to go. If someone could help me PLease I need to get my lights back on. i can live with out the gas.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Is this still for Rhode Island? What county there?
If the agencies say no funds the only other thing that may come to mind is entering into some type of plan with your utility company directly. Most do offer financial assistance for struggling customers.
Here is listing of Rhode Island utility assistance programs and options. As mentioned, call them about payment plans, grants, weatherization, and more.
Other Rhode Island financial assistance programs may be found here. Scroll midway down the page and select your country from the list of cities and counties.
trying to live wrote:I hate doing this because im usally the one that helps. my husband passed away 3 yrs ago, and we didnt have insurance and his death was suddenly. he came home and walk thru door and fell of a heart attack. i get 516.00 month disability and its just not enough to pay uitilities ,I pay some on all but then one doesnt get paid. after a while you just get so late you cant cautch up. Ive sold my car, my husbands matco toolbox i dont have anything left. ive ask for help thru most aggenices but they say theres no funds. my powers off now and im having to stay here and there. im running out of places to go. If someone could help me PLease I need to get my lights back on. i can live with out the gas.
Turnill

Post by Turnill »

Hello, I am in need of emergency assistance towards my electric bill for Dominion Power. I have received a disconnect notice which will be honored on September 8, 2011 if I do not pay $649.14. I live outside the town of Woodbridge Va and the only income I receive is unemployment. I would like some information on how I apply for LHEAP. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is our information on Virginia electric bill help and assistance. Dominion Virginia Power can be called at 1-866-366-4357 to learn about both LIHEAP as well as a service known as EnergyShare program. Both may be able to help the unemployed.
Turnill wrote:Hello, I am in need of emergency assistance towards my electric bill for Dominion Power. I have received a disconnect notice which will be honored on September 8, 2011 if I do not pay $649.14. I live outside the town of Woodbridge Va and the only income I receive is unemployment. I would like some information on how I apply for LHEAP. Thank you very much.
TimesofNY

Post by TimesofNY »

1 month behind on rent- GAS SHUT OFF SINCE 7/22/11 bill is now paid. Electric turned off today. No children in the household. Two adults - I am owed approximately $2,000. from past employer - I am an LPN age 52 and live in Kentucky. Federal Dept of labor contacted - they offered to negotiate with former employer - but said I may have to accept minimum wage if they do this. Rude, irritable fed employee. Less than $1500. left in unemployment fund - have not had extension. Have worked temp jobs. Nightmare - no healthcare - lots of stress!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You did not post your state, so here is a listing of all of our electric bill help programs and solutions. You should be able to find how to get your gas service turned back on, which will allow you to stay warm during the winter. A number of emergency and crisis programs currently exist for situations like yours, and many are run at the state level.
TimesofNY wrote:1 month behind on rent- GAS SHUT OFF SINCE 7/22/11 bill is now paid. Electric turned off today. No children in the household. Two adults - I am owed approximately $2,000. from past employer - I am an LPN age 52 and live in Kentucky. Federal Dept of labor contacted - they offered to negotiate with former employer - but said I may have to accept minimum wage if they do this. Rude, irritable fed employee. Less than $1500. left in unemployment fund - have not had extension. Have worked temp jobs. Nightmare - no healthcare - lots of stress!
Selectquote

Post by Selectquote »

I am emailing because I came across some information that you may be able to help me get caught up on some bill. I have a SMUD bill that is slightly under $200.00; a PG & E bill that is under $150.00 and a Comcast bill that is roughly $200.00. I work full time however; my pay was drastically cut in half and finds myself getting behind. If there is any assistance that you can offer me to help me NOT get more behind than I already am, it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are no assistance programs for Comcast. That is a "want" and not a need. As far as PG&E bills, we do have information on programs for them. We also have extensive information on programs on our site. Use this for information on electric assistance from PGE and explore the site for job information, including community action agencies. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html
Michael W

Post by Michael W »

Hi, I was trying to get some info on how I would go about applying for assistance with my electric bill before it is hit off? I'm a full time worker. I never had any assistance but my job is now going through a state issues and my hours have been extremely cut! I went from a 36-40 hour work week to sometimes zero hours receiving nothing on my check the past 3 months! If I can get some information on how and what to do it would be greatly appreciated!!!