electric bills and air conditioner

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
MaryJane
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

electric bills and air conditioner

Post by MaryJane »

I am 61 years old with no other income except unemployment. I need help with my electric bill and repairing my AC. I have been unemployed since April 18th. I just started receiving unemployment because it was protested and I had to wait for the hearing. I have not made last months car payment or a house payment since April. I was without income for about 5 weeks before the unemployment started coming in. My daughter lives with me and her son. Her income barely covers her expenses which is a car payment and expenses, child support, medical insurance, etc. so she has not been much help. Can you assist me or tell me what is available for me?
Thank you for you attention.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: electric bills and air conditioner

Post by Admin »

Many weatherization programs can help repair air conditioners. Usually for people who lost job and are unemployment, in most caes their income will qualify them for support and weatherization. Most programs are run by your local community action agency, so call them first. If that doesn't work try the Salvation Army. Much more information can be found here on weatherization programs and services.
MaryJane wrote:I am 61 years old with no other income except unemployment. I need help with my electric bill and repairing my AC. I have been unemployed since April 18th. I just started receiving unemployment because it was protested and I had to wait for the hearing. I have not made last months car payment or a house payment since April. I was without income for about 5 weeks before the unemployment started coming in. My daughter lives with me and her son. Her income barely covers her expenses which is a car payment and expenses, child support, medical insurance, etc. so she has not been much help. Can you assist me or tell me what is available for me?
Thank you for you attention.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I NEED EMERGENCY HELP WITH MY ELECTRICITY BILL IN MICHIGAN I AM FACING A DISCONNECT AS OF AUGUST.22,2011. I REALLY NEED HELP I HAVE 4 KIDS AND 2 HAVE TO HAVE NEBULIZERS THAT REQUIRES ELECTRICITY IN ORDER FOR USE I AM VERY STRESSED OUT SND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I HAVE CONTACTED AGENCIES BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO HELP ME.PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP THANK YOU.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of elerict bill assistance in Michigan, such of which are emergency plans. Also look into the LIHEAP crisis program. There are also plans and options like Michigan State Emergency Relief (SER) as well as the Salvation Army run The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW). You just need to keep calling different agencies for help.
Chaz wrote:I NEED EMERGENCY HELP WITH MY ELECTRICITY BILL IN MICHIGAN I AM FACING A DISCONNECT AS OF AUGUST.22,2011. I REALLY NEED HELP I HAVE 4 KIDS AND 2 HAVE TO HAVE NEBULIZERS THAT REQUIRES ELECTRICITY IN ORDER FOR USE I AM VERY STRESSED OUT SND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I HAVE CONTACTED AGENCIES BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO HELP ME.PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP THANK YOU.
Jackson 1

Post by Jackson 1 »

HI
I need help with rent and my electric bill. I lost my job in 2010 and I lost my car and really need a car to look for work. In addition, I need help with paying rent,medical bills,and food. All ASAP was hospitalized for very high sugar levels. I also do not have a job. State is Ohio.
National Jim

Post by National Jim »

I JUST MOVED AND HAVE A FULL ENTERGY BILL PLUS A $251 BILL TO BE ADDED TO MY NEW ACCOUNT. I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR HELP BEFORE. IT IS MYSELF AND MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER LIVING IN THE CURRENT RESIDENCE. I COULD REALLY USE ANY HELP PAYING JUST THE $251 DOLLAR TRANSFER FROM MY OTHER HOUSE. MY ACCOUNT NUMBER WITH ENTERGY IS AND WILL BE DUE BY END OR LAST WEEK OF JUNE.
Antonio Brown

Post by Antonio Brown »

I am in need of help paying my electric bill and am within 7 days of it being disconnected. I don't know where to turn to for help. Am new here in the Lexington Kentucky area and am not familiar with the programs that may be able to assist til I can get on my feet. Thank you for any info you may be able to send me.
Bfortune

Post by Bfortune »

Hello,
My electric was disconnected and I am unemployed at the moment. Is there anyone that can help me? It is getting hot as we can't run our air conditioner. Please let me know as soon as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Oh, I also have a child in the home. Not sure if that's make a difference.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some of the agencies that offer free air conditioners and/or box fans may also help you pay to operate them. They can refer you to LIHEAP or some other program. But you really need to get a job, as there is no excuse to being unemployed in this super strong job market. Use this resources, and find free air conditioner units.
Bfortune wrote:Hello,
My electric was disconnected and I am unemployed at the moment. Is there anyone that can help me? It is getting hot as we can't run our air conditioner. Please let me know as soon as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Oh, I also have a child in the home. Not sure if that's make a difference.