electric shutoff notice

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
brwnidgryl40
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

electric shutoff notice

Post by brwnidgryl40 »

Does anyone know of anywhere that will help pay an electric shutoff besides FIA (social services) I live in Plainwell Mi and I am disabled with children I live on barely 1,000 a mth and am trying very hard to take care of my kid's if you know of anywhere please help me also I have been to Christian Neighbor's so I already know about them I just don't know of many places that help so I am hoping someone who read's this can help me I am praying that I can find a way it will be turned off july 14th 2011 thank you very much and have a blessed day :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: electric shutoff notice

Post by Admin »

you came to the right place. We do know of other places. At least to call. Whether they have money for you or not is another story. they will need to answer. Find Financial assistance in Allegan and charities, government assistance, and non-profits. Housing Resource Center may know of utility programs, 269.686.2100. Love Inc mostly has food, but may be able to redirect you too. (269) 751-2533. Try the community action agency of Allegan County Resource Development Committee at (269) 673-5472. May have LIHEAP crisis assistance.
brwnidgryl40 wrote:Does anyone know of anywhere that will help pay an electric shutoff besides FIA (social services) I live in Plainwell Mi and I am disabled with children I live on barely 1,000 a mth and am trying very hard to take care of my kid's if you know of anywhere please help me also I have been to Christian Neighbor's so I already know about them I just don't know of many places that help so I am hoping someone who read's this can help me I am praying that I can find a way it will be turned off july 14th 2011 thank you very much and have a blessed day :cry:
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

we are a family of 7, my husband recently got laid off from his job and we haven't had no electricity for about 7 months now we need major help the total amount was $1200. I have made a payment plan with our electricity company and now owe $600.. We just dont have enough $ to pay this amount off we need help..please..modesto ca
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a big family. What have you been doing for the last seven months? Did you call any local charities, non-profits, or your utility company in Modesto? Regardless, we have many options listed for Modesto and Stanislaus county California. Try calling the Salvation Army Modesto Corps at (209) 522-3209 for emergency help, also try maybe the Stanislaus County Housing Authority at 557-2000. Also look into LIHEAP and other government energy programs.
Eckhard wrote:we are a family of 7, my husband recently got laid off from his job and we haven't had no electricity for about 7 months now we need major help the total amount was $1200. I have made a payment plan with our electricity company and now owe $600.. We just dont have enough $ to pay this amount off we need help..please..modesto ca
Apple

Post by Apple »

We are a month behind in rent and all of our utilities are on the verge of getting shut off any day now. My husband works, but his hours have been cut in half and I'm currently unemployed, but looking for work. We also have 2 children who are in need of school clothes and supplies and have no idea how we are going to be able to afford to get them anything. we hardly ever help for help, but we are getting way over our heads in past due bills now and have no idea where to turn for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Depending on the age of your children, many states have laws that regulate when your power can be turned off or not. For example families with children usually have some more protections and laws to help them. A listing of illegal utility disconnection rules and laws is listed on the main site. Find your state, and read up on the laws that protect customers of utility companies.
Apple wrote:We are a month behind in rent and all of our utilities are on the verge of getting shut off any day now. My husband works, but his hours have been cut in half and I'm currently unemployed, but looking for work. We also have 2 children who are in need of school clothes and supplies and have no idea how we are going to be able to afford to get them anything. we hardly ever help for help, but we are getting way over our heads in past due bills now and have no idea where to turn for help.
Candiotti

Post by Candiotti »

I was needing to see if you would be able to send me the application, or where I could download the application for Lite Up Texas please? It seems like I remember there being a deadline for requesting assistance for your electric bill for the summer months, and want to make sure I get it in on time. Also, if you have any information regarding LIHEAP for residents in Lamar County (Paris TX) I would really appreciate it. I had contacted the person listed as the LIHEAP representative for our area, and she told me that she couldn't help me at this time because they haven't received the grant. Thank you for your time.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

She is telling you that currently the LIHEAP program is out of funds. Keep trying back in case they get more funding.
Tybee

Post by Tybee »

I need help paying my bills. I have an income of about $1080 a month after taxes. I am the sole provider for my family. My boyfriend stays at home because we cannot afford childcare for two little ones.
We have 4 children in our household, with a total of 6 people in our home. Although I am lucky that my landlord is allowing me to pay rent at separate times ($200 a week for 3 weeks each month), I am having to choose between paying for diapers, gas to drive to work and pay my utilities.
I have had 2 shut off notices for my electric the past 2 months. I need help paying my utilities so we can survive this winter. My utilities have been averaging about $400 a month, plus $600 rent. I'm at the end of my rope and our utility companies will not allow us to do a payment plan again. Please help!