Florida energy bills and Progress Energy assistance

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
may.julie84

Florida energy bills and Progress Energy assistance

Post by may.julie84 »

how do I get assistance from Progress Energy in Florida.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Florida energy bills and Progress Energy assistance

Post by Admin »

Progress Energy offers the Energy Neighbor Fund to help pay cooling and utility bills in Florida.
JoeBrown

Post by JoeBrown »

I need help with paying my Progress Energy light bill and moving assistance. I was injured at work on 4/3/12, so I got behind, and my landlord is evicting me. I found somewhere else to stay, but I can't move in until I pay the deposit, and the lights will be off in my current residence later today.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Progress Energy covers many states in the southeast. What state are you in? North or South Carolina maybe? Anyway, if it is NC, then find more information on overall Progress Energy assistance programs for the Carolinas, such as Energy Neighbor or even LIHEAP. They run several donation and other grant programs for qualified low income families and residents.
JoeBrown wrote:I need help with paying my Progress Energy light bill and moving assistance. I was injured at work on 4/3/12, so I got behind, and my landlord is evicting me. I found somewhere else to stay, but I can't move in until I pay the deposit, and the lights will be off in my current residence later today.
Bakersfied

Post by Bakersfied »

I wanted to turn on power at new address Florida Power Progress and Light told me they would but, that I had to pay 636.00 for security deposit in 10 days or they would shut me off if I didn’t pay buy the 10 days. I told them that I’ve never paid a deposit in my life for power now. Also told them that spent all of the income of the house on rent section 8 and moving expenses. My mother is 77 years old with breathing problems and I’m disabled as well and my daughter is disabled too. Is there anyone who can help us now
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With all of the consolidation of energy companies, we don't think Progress Energy still operates in Florida. But we do have some older information on programs they ran. Yes, almost all due require a deposit to connect the service, but $636 does sound like a lot of money. But see if they are flexible in that, read Progress Energy programs.
Pat Peterson

Post by Pat Peterson »

I and my roommate are both moving into our 1st apartment together. We move in today, and we are both are HIV positive. I get social security and he works. We'll both be able to support our bills but we can't get the lights turned on. The deposit is $298, which we don't have and we have no other options.
My roommate is getting discouraged but it's just a minor setback God got us. We’ll be fine handling our expenses it's just getting the lights turned on, and that is the problem. I started an account with Florida power. We live in Lauderhill FL 33313.
We only need this assistance once just to get started and would really appreciate your help. Thank you and have a very blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The LIHEAP program in Florida may be able to help too. While it is rare, sometimes it can pay for light deposits. Also, if you say you can handle the expenses, you really can't get the $298 for the upfront payment.
Pat Peterson wrote:I and my roommate are both moving into our 1st apartment together. We move in today, and we are both are HIV positive. I get social security and he works. We'll both be able to support our bills but we can't get the lights turned on. The deposit is $298, which we don't have and we have no other options.