5 Kids, gas disconnected...

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mom2trhab
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

5 Kids, gas disconnected...

Post by mom2trhab »

I returned home yesterday afternoon to start dinner for the kids and found my gas had been disconnected, I do not have the funds to turn it back on that they are asking for. i have spent hours on the phone with various numbers just to be bounched around with no hope. i cannot cook anything, and have no hot water, please someone help!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: 5 Kids, gas disconnected...

Post by Admin »

Who is your utility company in Ohio? Use this link to find Ohio energy programs and what to ask for when you call the utility company. The bottom line is that many do provide some form of assistance for their customers. While not always available for all people, or easy to get, it is not hopeless either.
mom2trhab

Post by mom2trhab »

i am with Columbia Gas. I told them i could give 125 and make payments on the rest and they are adament about having a large lump sum before reconnect. i have called first call for help, salvation army, enpowerment agency, catholic charities, and a local church.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Columbia Gas in Ohio, or is that Georgia? If it is Ohio, then find a listing of Ohio heating bill programs that can give help for electric, heating, and general utility bills. It gives info on how to get your utilities reconnected too. And keep calling other agencies. That is a good approach. Someone may eventually have funds. Maybe also look into LIHEAP, the low income home energy assistance program. It is the federal government funded program, and has a crisis component.
mom2trhab wrote:i am with Columbia Gas. I told them i could give 125 and make payments on the rest and they are adament about having a large lump sum before reconnect. i have called first call for help, salvation army, enpowerment agency, catholic charities, and a local church.
City Girl

Post by City Girl »

I am a mother of 4. They are 14, 8, 5 and 2. I am in nursing school. My boyfriend of 7 years has left and I have not had a job, all bills are due to be disconnected off at the end of this month. I have been left with little options, no friends, no family; I am looking to find assistance for 1 month of bills to help give me time to find a job. I am also in need of child care help for while I am working. I have a CNA certificate for the state of Georgia; I am willing to volunteer and do anything possible to get us on our feet.
JMartin

Post by JMartin »

I’m disabled & my wife don't work, I have SSDI income only and we need help having our gas cut on an with heating bill afterwards if possible? The gas company is Columbia gas & the account is in name my wife. The government has cut our food stamps to only 45.00 a month and cannot afford a turkey for the holiday just don't know what we're going to do, we’re trying to heat with a kerosene heater and electric heaters that is terribly expensive. Thanks for any help.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I am in need of help with my gas bill. I have called everywhere for help and no one is helping me. I have three kids and I cannot get my gas turned off. They all is suffering from serious asthma. I don't know what to do.
I live in Columbus Ohio. I have went to the HEAP program in November. They set me on a PIPP program but I was late with my payment and now they took me off. I am in need of help please help me and my kids. If I get my gas cut off we may be homeless. I can't put my kids through that again. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Georgia does offer the EAP program, which may help paying gas bills. If you only need one month of help that program may be a strong option for you. It generally takes time to apply though, so you should get on it. If you are in nursing school though, how will you pay your gas bills two, three, and more months out? You better have an answer for that when applying. But learn more on Georgia EAP energy bill help.
City Girl wrote:I am a mother of 4. They are 14, 8, 5 and 2. I am in nursing school. My boyfriend of 7 years has left and I have not had a job, all bills are due to be disconnected off at the end of this month. I have been left with little options, no friends, no family; I am looking to find assistance for 1 month of bills to help give me time to find a job. I am also in need of child care help for while I am working. I have a CNA certificate for the state of Georgia; I am willing to volunteer and do anything possible to get us on our feet.