Gas disconnected

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Macra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas disconnected

Post by Macra »

Mother of six qualify for LIHEAP every winter. A couple of months ago lost my job and gas was disconnected. My utility gas bill is a large amount and now that cold weather rule is over the full amount is required to have service restored. I have income of about 300.00 to cover needs until I find employment again. Need gas to cook and feed my family. I live in Ohio which runs that cold weather rule for unemployed and others like me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas disconnected

Post by Admin »

Who is your energy provider in Ohio? Usually if you have that type of cash you have enough to get your power turned back on. You are right about the cold weather rule, but as indicated heat can get turned back on. Find a listing of Ohio utility assistance programs and options, including how to get utilities reconnected. Even unemployed can get help.

Macra wrote:Mother of six qualify for LIHEAP every winter. A couple of months ago lost my job and gas was disconnected. My utility gas bill is a large amount and now that cold weather rule is over the full amount is required to have service restored. I have income of about 300.00 to cover needs until I find employment again. Need gas to cook and feed my family. I live in Ohio which runs that cold weather rule for unemployed and others like me.
mom2trhab

Post by mom2trhab »

have you found any help to get service back on? just wondering as i am in ohio w the same situation
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Another option mom2trhab is look into your rights when it comes to disconnection of utility service. Each state, including Ohio, has certain rights that families and individuals have, like the Percentage of Income Plan (PIP) and the state of Ohio Winter Reconnect Order. Utility disconnection law can be found at the main site.

mom2trhab wrote:have you found any help to get service back on? just wondering as i am in ohio w the same situation
Lukehughes

Post by Lukehughes »

Hi, I live in Frazier Park California. It gets very cold here during the winter and I have no heat other than electricity and it is very expensive and very in efficient. I would like to get a natural gas line and a meter to my house. The Gas company says it will cost $5000.00 dollars to run a line and a meter that is about 20ft to my house. Need some help cannot afford this ridiculous fee for a line that they are going to get money out of me for gas usage. When I applied some 10 years ago they were going to amortize the line costs, but they say they dont do that anymore per some new regulation. It is snowing now and my house is around 40-50 degrees. Is there any kind of help for this kind of situation. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several agencies that may be able to help in Kern County. The different charities and non-profits to call for electricity bill help are on the site. Also look into conservation programs like weatherization too. This is free to income qualified individuals, can be install items like insulation, caulking, and even things like windows in your home. It can help people save hundreds of dollars per year on their energy bills.
Lukehughes wrote:Hi, I live in Frazier Park California. It gets very cold here during the winter and I have no heat other than electricity and it is very expensive and very in efficient. I would like to get a natural gas line and a meter to my house. The Gas company says it will cost $5000.00 dollars to run a line and a meter that is about 20ft to my house. Need some help cannot afford this ridiculous fee for a line that they are going to get money out of me for gas usage. When I applied some 10 years ago they were going to amortize the line costs, but they say they dont do that anymore per some new regulation. It is snowing now and my house is around 40-50 degrees. Is there any kind of help for this kind of situation. Sincerely,
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I am trying to help a single mom in Riverside, California. Her PG&E, gas and water service were just turned off today. She expects to receive unemployment funds within a month, but it takes time to process. In the meantime she has no money to get utilities turned back on. The state has awarded $107 in cash and the same amount in food stamps per month to help, but it is not enough. She does not have money for her family to live. She needs money for basic expenses to be presentable for job interviews. She does not have Internet. Please let me know if there are any funds to help her and how I can help her access. Thank you so much for your help.
CanWeGe

Post by CanWeGe »

Hi. I am looking for financial help to turn my natural gas back on. I am on SSDI and bring home $990 per month. I have 2 children and just got out of an abusive relationship. All of my bills were set up by my ex-boyfriend but most were not paid all winter. So the gas company recently disconnected the service, and we need it for summer to try to stay cool on the very hot days as we live in the southI am willing to cooperate and pay as much as possible while trying to restore my service. Thank you.
Heart

Post by Heart »

My gas has been shut off for over a year due to a large past due amount. Last winter I used electric heaters & kerosene heaters - but my husband was home everyday all day so I felt safer doing that. Now it’s just my daughter and I and hopefully she will be working soon. I have pets and am worried about the safety of both them & my house with using these various heaters. Also now my electric bill is sky rocketing out of control. AND my roof leaks - please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PG&E and other utility companies in California do offer financial assistance, conservation programs, and other aid. We also have non-profits and charities listed for Riverside. If she doesn't have internet and that is the only support she gets, it will be difficult to make ends meet. But we will send you the information on the energy bill programs for the region. Also, maybe try LIHEAP. Find utility bill assistance in California.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

Hello,
I am hoping you may be able to help me. I have lost my job and I'm behind with my rent, gas and utilities bill. I reached out to the PIP program and fell a few dollars over the income level...even though I have literally no income at this time. I have no transportation at this time or gas. I am 59 years old and have never sought out help. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for me.