Family of 6 needs help paying gas bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
nanilife
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Family of 6 needs help paying gas bill

Post by nanilife »

I am searching for help to pay my delinquent gas bill. My family is currently in a financial crisis. My husband just recently found a job but we were so far behind on other bills that we haven't had the funds to pay the gas. Unfortunately my gas was disconnected over 2 months ago and to get it reconnected have to pay an extra connection fee. I have a job myself and am currently going to school so am not able to find a 2nd job to cover all our living costs. Please let me know of any organization that can help me. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Family of 6 needs help paying gas bill

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of energy programs from utility and gas companies. With that family of 6 many energy companies will offer financial aid for paying bills, like gas bills. They may waive any reconnection fee as well. Various other organizations are also listed on the site.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html
nanilife wrote:I am searching for help to pay my delinquent gas bill. My family is currently in a financial crisis. My husband just recently found a job but we were so far behind on other bills that we haven't had the funds to pay the gas. Unfortunately my gas was disconnected over 2 months ago and to get it reconnected have to pay an extra connection fee. I have a job myself and am currently going to school so am not able to find a 2nd job to cover all our living costs. Please let me know of any organization that can help me. Thank you!
Sarkozy

Post by Sarkozy »

Please send me info on regarding help with paying an electric bill. I've been through basically every program in Berks County and Reading Pennsylvania and have been denied help because i make to much money and i don't! I make 9.79 an hour and me and my husband are struggling! We have no heat, no hot water, and now our gas is gonna be terminated any day. Our kids and I need our power. I am lost and don't know what to do. Ive even called my congress man and of course he couldn't help me or should i say wouldn't help me! So please can you please send me some info on someone who can help me? Please. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, congress people can never help. Unfortunate. Look into programs that go by the following names, include LIHEAP and weatherization. The Dollar Energy Fund also operate in Pennsylvania, and that may be an option for you. A bunch of charities and non-profits that operate in Berks County PA can be found on our site as well. Use this link for Berks County assistance programs. Now funding is always limited, but if you have kids and all your power was shut off, you may be able to get priority as they do try to help families with children first.
Sarkozy wrote:Please send me info on regarding help with paying an electric bill. I've been through basically every program in Berks County and Reading Pennsylvania and have been denied help because i make to much money and i don't! I make 9.79 an hour and me and my husband are struggling! We have no heat, no hot water, and now our gas is gonna be terminated any day. Our kids and I need our power. I am lost and don't know what to do. Ive even called my congress man and of course he couldn't help me or should i say wouldn't help me! So please can you please send me some info on someone who can help me? Please. Thank you
Maseritti

Post by Maseritti »

I am in need of assistance with paying the gas bill, due to the fact the gas bill is in my daughter's name who was responsible to pay the bill as well. My children took over paying my bill due to the fact lost my job and I have congestive heart failure.
I found out this year that the gas was on illegally after calling my manager telling her about the issue with the heat blowing cold air. So now people gas are holding me responsible for the bill due to the fact I am the head of the household. I need help please...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Where are you located? Iowa? If so, LIHEAP may help with paying a gas bill. But your daughter will need to apply if the account is in her name. The gas company can't hold you responsible if your daughter created the account....that makes zero sense. But try these resources for the Iowa LIHEAP. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ation.html