Looking for help with utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Jharden1982
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for help with utilities

Post by Jharden1982 »

My fiance and myself live in NW Oh, we have a 9mon old son. Our water and electricity were turned off about a month ago. We were visiting his family in Louisiana when the transmission in our van went out. We were unable to get home to pay the bills, and they were shut off. We just got the money to fly home, and are looking for assistance turning our utilities back on. To turn the water on is $175 and the electricity is $211. Trying to get help from family as well, but right now everyone seems to be struggling. I've never been in a situation like this before and not sure what to do, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you
Also if anyone knows of any good job tips in the Findlay, Fostoria, Tiffin areas would also be great.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for help with utilities

Post by Admin »

Wouldn't the money spent on plane tickets have been better to pay for utilities? Too late now. Not sure of tips in the Findlay area of Ohio, but programs an agencies to call can be found here.
This place may have funds for deposits and utilities. Associated Charities of Findlay Ohio (419) 423-2021
Salvation Army Hancock County, phone (419) 422-8238, is another non-profit charity organization to call for financial help or aid. Water usually harder to get help with, but you can try those places too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/han ... _prog.html
Jharden1982 wrote:My fiance and myself live in NW Oh, we have a 9mon old son. Our water and electricity were turned off about a month ago. We were visiting his family in Louisiana when the transmission in our van went out. We were unable to get home to pay the bills, and they were shut off. We just got the money to fly home, and are looking for assistance turning our utilities back on. To turn the water on is $175 and the electricity is $211. Trying to get help from family as well, but right now everyone seems to be struggling. I've never been in a situation like this before and not sure what to do, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you
Also if anyone knows of any good job tips in the Findlay, Fostoria, Tiffin areas would also be great.
Daleliah

Post by Daleliah »

I am in Kershaw County, Camden, SC I wanted to know if there is any assistance that I can get in the state of South Carolina besides Wateree Action? I need help Paying my Electric Bill I am with the City Of Camden and They don't really offer no assistance unless its and extension and my light bill is almost $1,300. As of right now my light is off and I'm having to live in a hot house. If you could direct me to somebody that can help me I really would appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are other agencies, government programs, and options other than Wateree Action in Kershaw SC. Get information on financial assistance programs in Kershaw County assistance. There are agencies and programs like the United Way of Kershaw County, which is a great place for information as they fund many different agencies and programs. Dial (803) 432-5456
Daleliah wrote:I am in Kershaw County, Camden, SC I wanted to know if there is any assistance that I can get in the state of South Carolina besides Wateree Action? I need help Paying my Electric Bill I am with the City Of Camden and They don't really offer no assistance unless its and extension and my light bill is almost $1,300. As of right now my light is off and I'm having to live in a hot house. If you could direct me to somebody that can help me I really would appreciate it.
sirrap1

Post by sirrap1 »

admin wrote:Wouldn't the money spent on plane tickets have been better to pay for utilities?
This place may have funds for deposits and utilities. Associated Charities of Findlay Ohio (419) 423-2021
Salvation Army Hancock County, phone (419) 422-8238, is another non-profit charity organization to call for financial help or aid. Water usually harder to get help with, but you can try those places too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/han ... _prog.html

From reading the OP's statement, I understand that the family was visiting the relatives BEFORE the utilities were shut off. Not expecting the transmission in their van to go out, they had no choice but to buy plane tickets to return home, thus finding out that the utilities were shut off. Maybe due to drawback of the van issue they didn't make it home in time as had originally planned. I take this to mean this all happened about a month ago as stated.--just my 2 cents. I don't believe they intentionally bought tickets instead of paying bills.
Jharden1982 wrote:My fiance and myself live in NW Oh, we have a 9mon old son. Our water and electricity were turned off about a month ago. We were visiting his family in Louisiana when the transmission in our van went out. We were unable to get home to pay the bills, and they were shut off. We just got the money to fly home, and are looking for assistance turning our utilities back on. To turn the water on is $175 and the electricity is $211. Trying to get help from family as well, but right now everyone seems to be struggling. I've never been in a situation like this before and not sure what to do, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you
PRLong

Post by PRLong »

I am a debilitated man who had a stroke problem, i cannot work due to my condition, With so much pressure built up because i am not working i cannot pay my light, water & rent bill. The light & my water bill are my most important bills. I owe 3 months of rent & my disability check i receive on October 2. I don't have any savings left because they have all been gone to paying all my overdue rent so I am left with nothing in my savings account. If someone, Anyone, can help me with any contributions in paying my light & water bill it would be a great help to me & my family. Thank you & God bless. You can send any kind of contributions to my address in Miami, Florida
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is the utility company in Miami that provides service Florida Power & Light Company? Or Progress Energy? Regardless we have extensive information on help with electric bills in Florida and phone numbers to call to apply for assistance. There are a few dozen main programs that operate across the state, and many are quite extensive. For example Florida Power and Light runs the Care to Share Program for electric bills.

PRLong wrote:I am a debilitated man who had a stroke problem, i cannot work due to my condition, With so much pressure built up because i am not working i cannot pay my light, water & rent bill. The light & my water bill are my most important bills. I owe 3 months of rent & my disability check i receive on October 2. I don't have any savings left because they have all been gone to paying all my overdue rent so I am left with nothing in my savings account. If someone, Anyone, can help me with any contributions in paying my light & water bill it would be a great help to me & my family. Thank you & God bless. You can send any kind of contributions to my address in Miami, Florida
Times

Post by Times »

Hello,
I was in a domestic violence situation. I have two small children 3 and 6. I have a job but my rent is 1700.00 a month, my monthly income is only 1,200.00. I do not receive child support yet. My utilities are piling up. I am in need of assistance with my Petaluma Water and Waste Water Bill. I recently had help with my PG & E from Salvation Army. The amount due is 357.94. My next notice will be a shut off notice. Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I would assume PG&E means you live in California? Some companies do have assistance for people with children if they meet income limits. Also talk to a nearby counselor if you have domestic violence, as maybe they can provide free legal aid or advice. However, find listing of California utility assistance programs and grants.
Times wrote:Hello,
I was in a domestic violence situation. I have two small children 3 and 6. I have a job but my rent is 1700.00 a month, my monthly income is only 1,200.00. I do not receive child support yet. My utilities are piling up. I am in need of assistance with my Petaluma Water and Waste Water Bill. I recently had help with my PG & E from Salvation Army. The amount due is 357.94. My next notice will be a shut off notice. Can you help?
Hotone

Post by Hotone »

Hi, I am in need of assistance with paying my utility bills. I was going thru Panhandle Community services. They told me that have ran out of funds. I live in Amarillo,Texas.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the community action agency ran out of funds in Amarillo, then try contacting your energy provider directly. Here is information on Texas utility assistance programs and options for the low income and needy. Many utility companies provide grants, weathewrization, and a big program in Texas is the CARE program.
Hotone wrote:Hi, I am in need of assistance with paying my utility bills. I was going thru Panhandle Community services. They told me that have ran out of funds. I live in Amarillo,Texas.
dannye1959

Post by dannye1959 »

I need help pretty bad. My electricty was disconnected last night and they told me I needed to pay $150 deposit. I am so broke I don't have the money, on top of that I am an insulin dependant diabetic I who at the present time I sick and cannot pay the bills right now. I am desperate. I have never been in this situation before and my sugar is so out of controll due to the stree level I am right now. Please help. I do have a job and will pay back to any organization or individual willing to provide a helping hand to someone who is down and out. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We really need to know your state and county to provide the best advice. In the meantime, use this link for utility assistance programs, grants, and money for deposits.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html
This lists programs directly from utility companies. Select your state from midway down the page. Also be sure to find other resources by using links on left margin for other electric bill assistance programs and ways to get funds for deposits.

dannye1959 wrote:I need help pretty bad. My electricty was disconnected last night and they told me I needed to pay $150 deposit. I am so broke I don't have the money, on top of that I am an insulin dependant diabetic I who at the present time I sick and cannot pay the bills right now. I am desperate. I have never been in this situation before and my sugar is so out of controll due to the stree level I am right now. Please help. I do have a job and will pay back to any organization or individual willing to provide a helping hand to someone who is down and out. Please help.
MTrout

Post by MTrout »

I am trying to find some help paying my electric bill, i am currently unemployed due to a car accident that i was involved in, and things are taught right now. I live in Beaverton Oregon and cant seem to find any help so if there is anyway that i could get some information on how to get some help or were to star that would be great.
Jackson 1

Post by Jackson 1 »

GOOD MORNING. I AM EMAILING CAUSE I NEED HELP WITH MY LIGHT BILL. I BEEN LIVING IN MY APARTMENT FOR 6 YEARS. NEVER RECEIVED AN LIGHT BILL THEN 2011 IN THE AMOUNT OF $7800 WHEN I CONTACTED CON ED THEY HAD ME UNDER AN WRONG ADDRESS. THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T RECEIVED NO BILL. I WENT TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE FOR HELP AND GOT AN ONE SHOT DEAL WHICH WASN'T STILL ENOUGH. MY LIGHT WAS SHUT OFF MONDAY AND I HAVE SMALL KIDS IN THE HOUSE TILL THIS DAY I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED NO BILL BUT THE BILL FOR $7180. I DON'T RECEIVE NO MONTHLY BILL AND IN ORDER TO GET MY SERVICE BACK ON I NEED $1600 WHICH I DON’T HAVE I WENT BACK TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE YESTERDAY AND THEY SAID THEY CANT HELP ME BECAUSE THEY JUST SENT CONED AN CHECK FOR $630. CONED SAID THAT AMOUNT IS TO LITTLE FOR THE BILL THAT I OWE I'M IN NEED FOR ASSISTANCE SO IF THERE'S ANY ORGANIZATION OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN ASSIST ME TO I GLADLY APPRECIATE IT.