Old power bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
merk1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Old power bill

Post by merk1 »

my husband and i just purchased a home and we are unable to move in due to an old power bill we owe so we cannot get service until it is paid we have exhausted all of our resources and still don't have the full amount. we need help! we live in birmingham,al. we only have one week left to vacate our current home and desperatley need another option. thanks in advance
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Old power bill

Post by Admin »

Birmingham Alabama is covered by Jefferson County agencies. So the programs and options for you include those noted here.
Dial the Salvation Army of Jefferson County at (205) 328-2420. They offer emergency financial assistance for bills, debts, and expenses.
Another local charity/non-profit is Bridge Ministries, and their phone number is (205) 930-0309. A large listing of places to turn to for help with paying bills and other emergency aid is
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/jef ... e_pr6.html
GoGetters

Post by GoGetters »

I have a very big TXU bill and I have recently gotten it straightened out but the only plan they would work out with us is very high. I able unemployed and we have recently lost our home and then went through bankruptcy and that in turn caused a big mess with TXU on an old power bill and even though my husband has returned to the work force, the payment that TXU worked with us is too high for us to maintain. I really need assistance. I have to pay 320.00 on the 20th of March are they will disconnect it. I have tried for months to work this out. For 5 months they wouldn't even except payments because of the bankruptcy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We assume that is in the state of Texas. It is odd that if went through bankruptcy that your TXU utility bill wasn’t addressed then. So not sure we understand that. Regardless, there are various programs that can be provided to those who need help, and you can find them here. If your husband is now working, can't you apply that income towards your Texas utility bils. More info, and look into LIHEAP crisis aid too.
GoGetters wrote:I have a very big TXU bill and I have recently gotten it straightened out but the only plan they would work out with us is very high. I able unemployed and we have recently lost our home and then went through bankruptcy and that in turn caused a big mess with TXU on an old power bill and even though my husband has returned to the work force, the payment that TXU worked with us is too high for us to maintain. I really need assistance. I have to pay 320.00 on the 20th of March are they will disconnect it. I have tried for months to work this out. For 5 months they wouldn't even except payments because of the bankruptcy.
Mazda

Post by Mazda »

I'm in serious trouble they are going to disconnect my power if I can't pay $886.24. I had a payment plan but have had problems I've also fell behind with rent and received notice to leave if I can't pay them $735 by this Friday. PLEASE HELP me I'm desperate please. It’s been a crappy year I nearly lost my son in January due to him moving out. He spent over a $1000 just in hospital parking and fell behind with everything. He was just very unhappy with the situation. I've made mistakes but really need help please.
ShangHaigh

Post by ShangHaigh »

I am writing to see if I could get some kind of help to get my power on. I have been with out power two weeks now. I am a single Mother of a 3 year old daughter. My child and I have been threw so many things this past year. The father of my child was convicted of 2 felonies and 4 misdemeanor of things he did to my child and I. Not even a month after our trial was over I had a job. After 4 months of me working I got sick.
Being a mom the only thing I knew to do at the time was walk out of work and be with my daughter. He had never been a day without me. Not staying at friends my family anyone's. I always kept My baby safe. To getting a Job and something horrible happen to him. That was the only thing I could see to do. I am trying so hard to get our life on track. I have been cooking over a fire and keeping a fire going. A Sherriff was called to my home because someone reported safety for my child. The only thing wrong is no power.
Now I have DHR trying to take my child due to no power because of the cold weather. Now we have been forced to go place to place everyday and its so hard and I just want to go home. I paid $600 right at the beginning of December to get the power on. After not having it for 2 months. I cooked outside on fire, warmed water for baths and made due. But being that it is cold it is a whole differ level and I do want to lose my child. We are all we have. Its Mommy and my daughter. She is my world and I am his. I could never imagine us not together nor could she I'm sure. She is my reason for living everyday and the only reason giving up is not an option. I have no Car But our legs are not broke.
We walk to stores and do what we have to do. Never stealing. My child I would have to say works as hard as me. Because he is always by my side. I always just say where there is a will there is a way and we will make it. But I am in need of some help. Please contact me if you can help.. Thanks so Much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The LIHEAP program can sometimes help with old power bills and deposits as well. I am surprised that DHR did not tell you about this program, as those social workers can often help families apply. But you will need to get to the office to apply, so need a car or to walk to it if it is close enough. Find how LIHEAP helps with power bills, and get phone numbers to intake sites by state.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hello. My name is Laura. I sent an initial query email last night for help with an old power bill, but since then have shortened my letter. I am trying to prepare financially to get my 19 year old autistic daughter to her disability hearing in September 19th. We have an extremely limited amount of money, and I was trying to save enough to make sure I have enough fuel to get there and back, as it is a long drive. And she desperately needs something appropriate to wear in front of the judge. Then yesterday a tire on my car blew. We live in a rural very isolated area. I had no choice but to get online and order a new tire.
When it arrives, I must pay a neighbor to assist in getting the new tire mounted, and this is all in addition to the old power bills. In order to pay for the tire, I had to spend money that is supposed to pay for a utility bill at the end of August. Now I do not have enough money for that bill, nor can I get her something to wear or make sure we will have enough fuel to get to court.
I am requesting a pre-paid credit card, or some other method of funds assistance that you deem safe and appropriate, in the amount of$150-$200. With that amount, I can pay our electric in full this month, be sure to get to court September 19th, and see that she is dressed appropriately for her hearing. I thank you for your consideration and I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you. Laura