Electric shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Lertyou
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric shut off

Post by Lertyou »

i am in desperate need of some assistance! i'm so confused on where to even begin my search for help...or if it's even available? i'll try to make it short and to the point! first let me inform you of the major problem at hand. my electric was shut off yesterday afternoon and i have no idea where to get the money to have it turned back on! the problem being...that i currently owe jcp&l around 6,000 dollars!!! i am aware of how insane that must sound...but there are reasons...some of them being my fault...but most of them not! i currently live alone. i lived here in this house in union beach new jersey with my boyfriend for about 5 years...until he passed away around 2 years ago. he always took care of the bills...and i took care of the house. i considered my job to be a housewife...which i was completely happy with. we never married...don't really believe in "marriage".
anyway... he was only 32 years old when he died! it was something i never thought would ever happen...but somehow it did! not only did it take me months to even have the will to go on...but once i somehow found it within me...i then realized that i was alone in this house with no one to help me. i took in roommate after horrible roommate...who one by one...screwed me over financially! a large part of the electric bill was the fault of a "friend" that i had renting out the basement of the house. i had no idea... till months had gone by... that her and her boyfriend were running electric heaters and a refrigerator down there! i couldn't figure out why the bills were so high!!! then they left one day and never came back....never paid the back bills that they owed me...and left me a basement full of garbage to clean out!
i had a similar experience with my next and last roommate...not paying me...and taking off!
i've had trouble finding and keeping a job due to the fact that i had my license suspended for not paying a surcharge. i have no car to go out and even find work. i'm doing my best to get my life together...but it seems like it's totally hopeless!
i can't live without electricity!!! it was 28 degrees out last night! i was so cold and alone! i don't know how to go about getting assistance with my electric? i need advice and/or help! and i need it ASAP! i can't imagine sleeping in this house with no heat and lights again tonight! i have no where to go...and i lost the only person on this earth that i love! please give me some advise on what i should do...or where to even look for help! thank you so much for reading this! please get back to me as soon as possible! it's supposed to be cold again tonight!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric shut off

Post by Admin »

So you are in New Jersey? If so, here is information on the various energy and utility assistance programs that are offered in the state.
If your service was shut off so companies may offer help with paying for utility deposits and grants, and can help you get your service back on.
Also maybe look into talking to an attorney to deal with the issues that were caused by your "friend", as maybe you can get some compensation from them towards your energy bill.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... nd_he.html

Lertyou wrote:i am in desperate need of some assistance! i'm so confused on where to even begin my search for help...or if it's even available? i'll try to make it short and to the point! first let me inform you of the major problem at hand. my electric was shut off yesterday afternoon and i have no idea where to get the money to have it turned back on! the problem being...that i currently owe jcp&l around 6,000 dollars!!! i am aware of how insane that must sound...but there are reasons...some of them being my fault...but most of them not! i currently live alone. i lived here in this house in union beach new jersey with my boyfriend for about 5 years...until he passed away around 2 years ago. he always took care of the bills...and i took care of the house. i considered my job to be a housewife...which i was completely happy with. we never married...don't really believe in "marriage".
anyway... he was only 32 years old when he died! it was something i never thought would ever happen...but somehow it did! not only did it take me months to even have the will to go on...but once i somehow found it within me...i then realized that i was alone in this house with no one to help me. i took in roommate after horrible roommate...who one by one...screwed me over financially! a large part of the electric bill was the fault of a "friend" that i had renting out the basement of the house. i had no idea... till months had gone by... that her and her boyfriend were running electric heaters and a refrigerator down there! i couldn't figure out why the bills were so high!!! then they left one day and never came back....never paid the back bills that they owed me...and left me a basement full of garbage to clean out!
i had a similar experience with my next and last roommate...not paying me...and taking off!
i've had trouble finding and keeping a job due to the fact that i had my license suspended for not paying a surcharge. i have no car to go out and even find work. i'm doing my best to get my life together...but it seems like it's totally hopeless!
i can't live without electricity!!! it was 28 degrees out last night! i was so cold and alone! i don't know how to go about getting assistance with my electric? i need advice and/or help! and i need it ASAP! i can't imagine sleeping in this house with no heat and lights again tonight! i have no where to go...and i lost the only person on this earth that i love! please give me some advise on what i should do...or where to even look for help! thank you so much for reading this! please get back to me as soon as possible! it's supposed to be cold again tonight!!
Jwhite

Post by Jwhite »

Hello There. I am writing on behalf of my Mom. She just turned 75 and has been with a brain tumor for 10 years. She just got her electric bill and it is $220.00 this month. Also she has to start on getting gas ready for the winter and they have set her up on a payment plan, but her first payment is $140.00. She really needs some help. If there is something you can do, please let me know. Cedar Grove, Tennessee
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So it is encouraging that they worked with her on a payment plan. Always a good step. But there may be other plans to explore, depending of exactly who her energy company is in Tennessee. For example, this is the place to go to for energy assistance in Tennessee. For example, Memphis Light Gas and Water runs a program called On Track, Piedmont Natural Gas runs the Share the Warmth, etc. All the details are on the site.
Jwhite wrote:Hello There. I am writing on behalf of my Mom. She just turned 75 and has been with a brain tumor for 10 years. She just got her electric bill and it is $220.00 this month. Also she has to start on getting gas ready for the winter and they have set her up on a payment plan, but her first payment is $140.00. She really needs some help. If there is something you can do, please let me know. Cedar Grove, Tennessee
Jermaine

Post by Jermaine »

in need of help with a 3 day eviction from landlord in the amount of 150.00 and in need of help with a shut off notice from nyseg in the amount of 260.00 husband is currently out of work with shoulder and arm injury waqiting for an mri to be done on 7-28-2011 works in the state of pennsylvania and is not entitle to long or short term disability since that state does not not have to offer it we have a son who receives ssi in the amount of 697 on the 1st of each month and food stamps, paid 700 for july rent and the rest went towards a shut off notice from nyseg in the amount of 306.00 and 100 towards water bill husband has been out of work for 21 weeks, have been calling local agencies with no luck in assistance please help i have 6 children and i dont want to loose my apartment or nyseg
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to calling the local agencies in Utah, did you also call your utility company directly? As most do offer low income electric bill assistance programs, grants, and other forms of financial aid. For example, find electric bill help in Utah from programs like the Questar Gas REACH - Residential Energy Assistance through Community Help 1-800-328-9272 or call Rocky Mountain Power (PacifiCorp) 1-800-948-7540 for the Home Electric Lifeline Program (HELP).
Jermaine wrote:in need of help with a 3 day eviction from landlord in the amount of 150.00 and in need of help with a shut off notice from nyseg in the amount of 260.00 husband is currently out of work with shoulder and arm injury waqiting for an mri to be done on 7-28-2011 works in the state of pennsylvania and is not entitle to long or short term disability since that state does not not have to offer it we have a son who receives ssi in the amount of 697 on the 1st of each month and food stamps, paid 700 for july rent and the rest went towards a shut off notice from nyseg in the amount of 306.00 and 100 towards water bill husband has been out of work for 21 weeks, have been calling local agencies with no luck in assistance please help i have 6 children and i dont want to loose my apartment or nyseg
Cook1

Post by Cook1 »

I need help on what organization to help pay for electric bill in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. I cannot find a contact email or what the qualifications are to get assistance. Could you please help me. I am wanting to know how much money you would have to make to qualify, the name of the office and address, and email contact. A number would help as well. I'm not sure if i am going into the right site for Rutherford county in murfreesboro, tn
Carolyn12

Post by Carolyn12 »

I need some help please...my electric bill is behind and I can pay the behind part this Friday Oct 14th. I contacted the PSO of OK and they said they have to have payment by the 12th. I sent them a check but forgot the mail didn't run yesterday (Columbus day) because it's not a holiday for me and a lot of others...I worked. I just need some help with this gap so I don't have my electricity turned off. We will be able to catch up by the end of the month...we had car repairs we had to pay on our only working vehicle. Can someone please help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if you mailed a check for your light bill, are you all set? Is it just one day delay from the holiday. Just call the company and tell them funds are on the way. In addition, find other Florida electric bill programs and financial assistance. Programs like the Energy Neighbor Fund fund from Progress Energy may be able to help.
Carolyn12 wrote:I need some help please...my electric bill is behind and I can pay the behind part this Friday Oct 14th. I contacted the PSO of OK and they said they have to have payment by the 12th. I sent them a check but forgot the mail didn't run yesterday (Columbus day) because it's not a holiday for me and a lot of others...I worked. I just need some help with this gap so I don't have my electricity turned off. We will be able to catch up by the end of the month...we had car repairs we had to pay on our only working vehicle. Can someone please help me?
Loreal

Post by Loreal »

I am a single working mother. I am a disable veteran as well from Gulf War with four kids who are starting school in a couple of days as it is year round. I can not buy any new school clothes or book for these kids. I am also looking for help in Florida to pay a $500 dollar electric bill from a few years ago when I was even in worse shape. I recently took an apartment here in Illinois but when I went to have to electric turned on Progress told me I had to pay this old bill from years ago first. I dont have 500 or enough for the bills and clothes since I live check to check. Can you direct me or help me find help in Florida. I dont know what to do.
Vicker

Post by Vicker »

Hello,
I have been directed to your site when searching for assistance with utility bills.
Your site has offered good information, BUT, the reference phone numbers provided are out of date
and inaccurate.
If you really want people to get the help they are looking for I recommend going through your
site and up dating all the phone numbers that are used as assistance references.
When a person is trying to find help they are all ready in a low state of esteem, they are often
told ''no'' and have a hard time even asking. When they are directed to contact certain reference points
they have to go through the repeated motion of asking for help and being told they have the wrong number.
This is very difficult for the person who is needing assistance, they tend to give up and believe that truly no one cares.
Larrykudlow

Post by Larrykudlow »

I am in desperate need my electric was turned off and I cannot afford the amount. I am a type one diabetic who has two daughters that have asthma and my oldest is allergic to bees Is there any way possible you could please help me? I take 4 insulin shots a day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Larrykudlow wrote:I am in desperate need my electric was turned off and I cannot afford the amount.
If you are desperate for assistance, we have some ways to both prevent your power from being turned off and to also get it turned back on. Many companies coordinate electric bill assistance programs, with a pro-active approach on prevention. While there are never promises made, they may be worth a shot for you to apply to since you are diabetic. Read more electric prevention programs.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

I was going through search to try and find help. Our electric was shut off around May 5th, 2019. We we're paying as much as we can each month. That month we had $500 to put on the Bill and they said no it had to be 2700.00. I asked about the medical paper and they said it wasn’t dying until June. Now we have 2 oxygen machines in our house. Both myself and my g/f, are heart and lung patients at Deborah. We we're getting around $200 towards the electric through BCCAP. Now they have closed the account and I have no idea what is going on with the assistance that was going on my bill. No agencies have any money to help. It is costing between 500 to 700 a month if not more depending on the price of gas for the generator. Between our 2 incomes we are below the level for 1 person. We need help. Please contact me to tell me what to do. Its best if an email comes with the phone to look for because I get so many solicitation calls if I don’t know the number I won't answer.
Thank you for your time.
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

Hello I’m reaching out to you for help with my electric being shut off. Rocky Mountain power has cut my power off and I have 2 children under the age of 5. When Covid hit I lost my job and so did my husband our house is ran on nothing but power so we are still trying to dig ourselves out of a hole with electric, but it was shut off. With that being said they want me to pay $5000.00 just to get my power back on. I don’t have that kind of money and we have been making payments to them twice a month since my husband started working again. I’m desperate I need help. I have called so many numbers for help and they either tell me I can’t apply for something till August or that I have to call back Wednesday at 9:00 am. I live in Wyoming the weather isn’t all that great it’s still cold out.
I live in Glenrock Wyoming and right now as I type this email it’s 11 degrees out and the wind never stops so it feels colder than that.