Family of four needs Propane

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
magenamos
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Family of four needs Propane

Post by magenamos »

My family and I are finally moving out of our apartment to the house of our dreams. We really need this cause our current place has very bad mold and a lot of dishonest people and we don't want to continue raising our 7 and 2 1/2 year old girls there. The realization of funds when moving into a new place kind of came as a shock. We called to set up with our heating company and they can only deliver a minimum of half our tank size and that equals to $704!!! We are not relying on the propane as heat because we also have a woodstove but we need it for hot water. We are trying to start a new life for ourselves in this home, and its not even ours we are just renting. We are good people that fall on hard times every now and then, and I hate asking for help but I don't know what else to do. My husband just told me he thinks this move is starting to be a bad idea but we don't have much choice, we are constantly getting sick where we are and this house is perfect for us. Please help. I would apply for help but this move came quickly and we just don't have a whole lot of time. Anything would help us. I don't have a sad story to tell anyone, other than we just need the help. And I am one of those people who believes in paying it forward and I try to everyday. I give whatever I can to charities, my daughter's school and our local food bank, when its ironic because we are very low income. But I know there are others that need some things more than we do. But right now its our turn to ask for help.

Sincerely, Meagan
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Family of four needs Propane

Post by Admin »

So it is that much for heating oil/propane? Unfortunately the price of oil has just gone up recently, and everyone is paying more. Maybe there are some programs for you though. Try among them a heating oil/propane buying network. People can save maybe up to 30 cents + per gallon. In addition, explore the main site, use the navigation bars on the left for help with electric bills, and you can find many programs for energy assistance, oil, and much more. Even the Citgo free home heating oil program is referenced on the site. Hopefully it does work out for you in the new home.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... ks_an.html
magenamos wrote:My family and I are finally moving out of our apartment to the house of our dreams. We really need this cause our current place has very bad mold and a lot of dishonest people and we don't want to continue raising our 7 and 2 1/2 year old girls there. The realization of funds when moving into a new place kind of came as a shock. We called to set up with our heating company and they can only deliver a minimum of half our tank size and that equals to $704!!! We are not relying on the propane as heat because we also have a woodstove but we need it for hot water. We are trying to start a new life for ourselves in this home, and its not even ours we are just renting. We are good people that fall on hard times every now and then, and I hate asking for help but I don't know what else to do. My husband just told me he thinks this move is starting to be a bad idea but we don't have much choice, we are constantly getting sick where we are and this house is perfect for us. Please help. I would apply for help but this move came quickly and we just don't have a whole lot of time. Anything would help us. I don't have a sad story to tell anyone, other than we just need the help. And I am one of those people who believes in paying it forward and I try to everyday. I give whatever I can to charities, my daughter's school and our local food bank, when its ironic because we are very low income. But I know there are others that need some things more than we do. But right now its our turn to ask for help.

Sincerely, Meagan
boyder

Post by boyder »

HI, i am writing in regards to my home heating system. I am 80 years old & a veteran. Is there any help out there to help with getting a heat pump or furnace as I have
none now & I don't have any money to get anything and I just use propane right now. I am freezing'. When I bought the place they said it was a heat pump & it's not it's just an air conditioner & whoever put the thermostat in put in one for a heat pump. I went on-line & saw where one might get help to get a heating system through HRRP. Please help me out in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We thought we replied to this already. Look into weatherization. Call your local veterans administration for advice on government and public programs. And also read about Idaho utility assistance programs that may help with heating systems.
boyder wrote:HI, i am writing in regards to my home heating system. I am 80 years old & a veteran. Is there any help out there to help with getting a heat pump or furnace as I have
none now & I don't have any money to get anything and I just use propane right now. I am freezing'. When I bought the place they said it was a heat pump & it's not it's just an air conditioner & whoever put the thermostat in put in one for a heat pump. I went on-line & saw where one might get help to get a heating system through HRRP. Please help me out in this matter.
Heart

Post by Heart »

I am needing assistance on getting help paying my utility bills and getting propane in New York City. I am facing a financial hardship right now. I have lights, gas, water, cable and truck note and rent all due. All of this is about to be cut off and I'm about to loose truck and be kicked out of house. Please let me know if you can help me out. I don't even have food in house either. I have been thru a divorce and it has followed me my ex wife had messed up on my taxes a few years back and they have put a garnishment on my check until September 30. I am only bringing home 192 a week. Please email me let me know what my options are. Thanks for time and god bless
Perkins

Post by Perkins »

We have a 16 month old and 13 year old. My husband is the only income and our rent just went up and we need help in many ways. Mostly financially and I am reaching out to see what we have available that could help us the most right now. We are on medical assistance through welfare, and we have a limited income. But we fall between making to much but at the same time not enough. It's a catch 22 and we don't even have enough to get propane to heat the house this winter. Is there anything we can do to help ourselves better our situation?
Train

Post by Train »

I need assistance to purchase propane. The lowest limit that Holt gas from Sidney Iowa will deliver is 250 gallons and I was told it was around 450 dollars. My husband and myself are disabled and are on social security but we receive to much income to be eligible for LIHEAP but I am to broke and low income to afford to pay 450 dollars for propane so I was hoping to find some help to purchase the propane.

The house I live in uses propane for heat, cooking hot water, and clothes dryer and I have been trying to use everything with electric but my electric bill is now going from 100 dollars to 300 dollars a month and I am on a payment plan with them. I already have to make them two payments already. The house I live in don't have 220 v and its all a 110 v electric outlets so I don’t have a choice to cook or clothes dryer to use electric except hang clothes out and use a microwave and a toaster oven to cook on. I am using four or five electric space heaters for heat just to save the propane for hot water. Can you help me or send me in a direction that will be able to thank you for your time.
Winston

Post by Winston »

I am retired and 70 and on oxygen, my husband lost his job, so we are on unemployment. Can anybody help us with a one time 200 gallon of propane? I need it for cooking and heat.Let me know please if anyone can help us. Amerigas wants 491.39 for 200 gallons, and we cant do that.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

I am currently renting a house in Oike county Pennsylvania. I need to have my propane tanks filled as soon as possible by combined energy and they are telling me I need to pay $610 in advance to fill my tanks. I am almost 8 months pregnant and don’t have that kind of money right now. I am wondering if there is any kind of help or assistance I can get that I can pay back. I need to have heat in my house as soon as possible. Please get back to me. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Paying $610 is a huge barrier. Why is the entire amount due in advance for the propane? Is your credit that bad? As they should allow some type of payment plan, at least we hope. Or try another source of heat until you save up enough, such are are the Amerigas assistance programs for you.
Marley

Re: Family of four needs Propane in Buchanan County Virginia

Post by Marley »

Hello, I'm Lisa Lynn and I live in Buchanan County Virginia and have been having a number of issues coming up to where I can't get my bills paid right now. So I need propane for my husband, me and 2 kids. My utility bill are so high right now. I had a water leak so bad when I moved in that it took forever to fix and the PSA cut my water off. Someone stole my propane tanks for my propane heaters so I have to stay in one part of my house use my electric stove to make sure I don't freeze to death. But I got new propane tanks. I got a disconnect bill from the electric company. I did turn in for Crisis help but of course I haven't heard anything yet. I draw disability because of mental illness and I'm hoping that you all can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Family of four needs Propane in Buchanan County Virginia

Post by Admin »

Hi Lisa
Buchanan is a small, sparsely populated area of Virginia. So programs are not common, but look into statewide programs for propane help. Namely from the community action agencies in the state, and find details here on Virginia community action grants.
Marley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:32 pm Hello, I'm Lisa Lynn and I live in Buchanan County Virginia and have been having a number of issues coming up to where I can't get my bills paid right now. So I need propane for my husband, me and 2 kids. My utility bill are so high right now. I had a water leak so bad when I moved in that it took forever to fix and the PSA cut my water off. Someone stole my propane tanks for my propane heaters so I have to stay in one part of my house use my electric stove to make sure I don't freeze to death. But I got new propane tanks. I got a disconnect bill from the electric company. I did turn in for Crisis help but of course I haven't heard anything yet. I draw disability because of mental illness and I'm hoping that you all can help.