Weatherization

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mikey1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Weatherization

Post by Mikey1 »

State of Florida We are looking for help in weatherizing a mobilehome for my Mother who lives alone and is 92 years old. Her power bill is way to high and she needs the heat and
cooling. Her home is old and is need of some weather stripping and insulation. We do not have much money to pay for any weatherizing updates or repairs. Is there any free help available to help her with that. She is a senior citizen so maybe a program for older people?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Weatherization

Post by Admin »

Weatherization programs are definitely what you need. They do have insulation and weather striping. Not sure if they cover mobile homes. Most do focus on the low income and senior citizens. Here is a listing of free weatherization and utility assistance programs in Florida, listed by utility company.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... ng_as.html
Mikey1 wrote:State of Florida We are looking for help in weatherizing a mobilehome for my Mother who lives alone and is 92 years old. Her power bill is way to high and she needs the heat and
cooling. Her home is old and is need of some weather stripping and insulation. We do not have much money to pay for any weatherizing updates or repairs. Is there any free help available to help her with that. She is a senior citizen so maybe a program for older people?
Stafford

Post by Stafford »

I'm a renter and I would like to apply for the Weatherization Program assistance. After the storm in Newark New Jersey my door and ceiling is leaking very bad from the Kitchen throu to my bedroom and I'm so scared that if we get another hard rain it will cave in. It is still wet in the kitchen. My door was very badly damage. Lizards have crawled under my door. and in the living room under the window the walls are damaged very bad from water leaking in and I have a hole in the other wall but i got that cover with plastic and tape. We also need new windows. from the storm the windows are cracked and from all the rain the windows are very weak. I have to put black tape around my bathroom window to keep bugs and other insects out. Also from the storm my gas line has broken and I can not cook on the stove. It's very hot in the summer time and very cold in the winter. I have a kerosene heater to keep warm with in the winter I'm taking pictures. but if you can have someone to come out and look at the place. I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, weatherization may be able to help you with leaking by making home more energy efficient. Windows can be replaced by it as well. What does your landlord say though? The landlord is obligated by law to ensure your living conditions are safe, sanitary, etc. They will also need to apply for the weatherization program in New Jersey since they own the building. You can't apply on their behalf. Maybe speak to the government or a local attorney if conditions are safe? In meantime NJ assistance programs are here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... grams.html
Stafford wrote:I'm a renter and I would like to apply for the Weatherization Program assistance. After the storm in Newark New Jersey my door and ceiling is leaking very bad from the Kitchen throu to my bedroom and I'm so scared that if we get another hard rain it will cave in. It is still wet in the kitchen. My door was very badly damage. Lizards have crawled under my door. and in the living room under the window the walls are damaged very bad from water leaking in and I have a hole in the other wall but i got that cover with plastic and tape. We also need new windows. from the storm the windows are cracked and from all the rain the windows are very weak. I have to put black tape around my bathroom window to keep bugs and other insects out. Also from the storm my gas line has broken and I can not cook on the stove. It's very hot in the summer time and very cold in the winter. I have a kerosene heater to keep warm with in the winter I'm taking pictures. but if you can have someone to come out and look at the place. I would greatly appreciate it.
15Varet

Post by 15Varet »

I am writing on behalf of my grandmother. She is 75 years old, living on a pension and Social Security and desperately needs help paying for her roof to be repaired. It has leaks and it beyond patching so she must get a new one. She found a company to do it, they quoted her $8000, and she has given them a $1000 deposit (coming from her account to help bury her when she passes). She greatly needs help paying for the remainder. Would weatherization help here? I have given her a bit of money, but I am in graduate school and can't afford to help anymore. Please help me find an organization to help her. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Weatherization may help. Assistance is offered for the low income, elderly, etc. There are income requirements, so of course need to see if grandmother meets those or not. But in general energy efficient repairs, such as a roof, may qualify for weatherization. It can be a few thousand dollar grant provided out to income qualified people, and usually run by community action agencies. Read more on weatherization and find where to apply.
15Varet wrote:I am writing on behalf of my grandmother. She is 75 years old, living on a pension and Social Security and desperately needs help paying for her roof to be repaired. It has leaks and it beyond patching so she must get a new one. She found a company to do it, they quoted her $8000, and she has given them a $1000 deposit (coming from her account to help bury her when she passes). She greatly needs help paying for the remainder. Would weatherization help here? I have given her a bit of money, but I am in graduate school and can't afford to help anymore. Please help me find an organization to help her. Thank you
Jetsfan

Post by Jetsfan »

Weatherization & Repairs to the RV that I live in. I need help with my lot rent which includes a flux. electric bill (which seems to turn dbl digits). I have severe numbness in my lower left arm & extreme pain at the wrist & elbow in the right arm, Dr. says surgery but no job, no health insurance, and no family willing to assist. My husband was arrested on a probation violation & has been in county jail for 18 months. At the time he was arrested he was the sole income for the household. As such, without him here I have multiple repairs that need completed and help getting to my feet. I am not looking for a handout but a hand up. I, previously, worked as a hygienist for 8 yrs. prior to developing the pain/numbness I experience now. I am not opposed to working & have applied @ several local fast food places & stores with no responses. Typical response is over qualified. Irritating when u just need to pay ur bills. I hope that I haven't lost u in the reading of my woes.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure if weatherization can help for trailers, but you can look around and ask community action agencies. Find more on weatherization as well as other electric and financial assistance programs. Why not go back to being a hygienist, or some other profession in the medical field.
Jetsfan wrote:Weatherization & Repairs to the RV that I live in. I need help with my lot rent which includes a flux. electric bill (which seems to turn dbl digits). I have severe numbness in my lower left arm & extreme pain at the wrist & elbow in the right arm, Dr. says surgery but no job, no health insurance, and no family willing to assist. My husband was arrested on a probation violation & has been in county jail for 18 months. At the time he was arrested he was the sole income for the household. As such, without him here I have multiple repairs that need completed and help getting to my feet. I am not looking for a handout but a hand up. I, previously, worked as a hygienist for 8 yrs. prior to developing the pain/numbness I experience now. I am not opposed to working & have applied @ several local fast food places & stores with no responses. Typical response is over qualified. Irritating when u just need to pay ur bills. I hope that I haven't lost u in the reading of my woes.
Hinducute

Post by Hinducute »

To Whom It May Concern, I am finding it difficult to get help or finding grant money to have my home insulated. I am not considered low income, but a lot of money goes into paying my gas bill each winter because my home doesn't have any insulation nor is it weatherized. I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and I would greatly appreciate any information that you can direct me into getting the grant monies or the appropriate program(s) that I am qualified for. Thank you again for taking the time to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most programs are only for the low income. Yes, the middle American or moderate income person may be hit the hardest as they often can't qualify for aid. As far as what you may be qualified for and grants, you need to call around. We can give you information on programs and ideas, but you need to take that final step. Find information on the various Utility assistance in Pennsylvania resources, including information on which companies offer weatherization services.
Hinducute wrote:To Whom It May Concern, I am finding it difficult to get help or finding grant money to have my home insulated. I am not considered low income, but a lot of money goes into paying my gas bill each winter because my home doesn't have any insulation nor is it weatherized. I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and I would greatly appreciate any information that you can direct me into getting the grant monies or the appropriate program(s) that I am qualified for. Thank you again for taking the time to help me.
Yahoo 12

Post by Yahoo 12 »

My sister Robin Flint lives in Chesapeake Richmond Virginia. She is renting a house and there has never been a furnace. There are ducts and stuff but no furnace. She was told by the city she has to have a furnace by Oct 15th or move. My sister works at Dominos and does not make enough money to buy one outright because she takes care of her two sons and grandson. If you could please let me know what we can do.
Immelt1

Post by Immelt1 »

To whom this may concern. I applied for weatherization about a year ago. I haven't heard any follow-up or feed back as of to date. I am in need of roof repairs done on my house and utility house because of a bad leak. I will have no problem in terminating the weatherization program to get my roof repaired. I am in need for the assistance. This does not have to be a new roof project. I will greatly appreciate it if I could get the assistance.
Myrlteb

Post by Myrlteb »

I am a resident in Wayne County Michigan. I am emailing because I am in desperate need of help with my home and weatherization repairs. I bought our mobile home on land contract September 2011 and it was just before my boyfriend got incarcerated for a 15 year term with the MDOC. He got to be here just a few months before he had to leave me and our kids to serve his term. I am a full time online college student working on getting my associates degree in business. I was doing alright until August of this year before I fell into some financial trouble. I missed my August, September house payments a went to court on December 1, 2012, which also put Octobers payment on there too. I have a money judgment to the land contract holders due by April 1, 2013. I have since court date got enrolled back in school as I was dismissed from the one I was attending due to grades dropping when my husband had to leave. I am trying to get this judgment money together but seem to just keep falling behind. I and my 4 kids are dealing with their dad being gone and I just cannot bear the thought of losing my house too. We have been having such a hard time, I don't even own a vehicle, and our place is all we have left. I am trying to better myself and trying to keep everything going and raising my kids on my own. Some family even came and stayed with us to try to help but we are running out of time to get this paid up, between house money judgment and every day bills I cannot even provide for Christmas for my kids. I have already done the SER from DHS and got denied. I didn't even get the chance to sign up for toys for tots. I need assistance so desperately I do not even know what to do or where to turn, my time frame is ticking away to save our house. I would greatly appreciate someone to get back to me on this if possible, as I am in desperate need. We lost my kids dad I cannot bear having no home for my 4 kids. Please if there is anything that can be done to save our 1 thing we have left, I would greatly appreciate any services that can help us in our current housing situation, bills. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Michigan has other programs in addition to the SER from DHS. There are community action agencies, non-profits, and more in the state that can coordinate weatherization or other services. So do you need mortgage help, or weatherization? As they are two completely different things. If it is weatherization, then here is our link for information on that and other energy programs, including the home heating credit. We have extensive information on the application process and details of the program. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dit_a.html