Utility service deposit

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mikey1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility service deposit

Post by Mikey1 »

Ok I really hope you can help me. My boyfriend and I are moving into our new place and we need to get our electric turned on, but the electric company wants us to pay past due amounts on electric from previous places of residency and also pay money for the deposit for the account. I went to a couple assistance places and they all told me the samething. They all said they
can not help due to the fact my electric is not already on and I do not have a shut off notice. If you can, please please help me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Utility service deposit

Post by Admin »

A program was created from federal stimulus dollars that is known as the rapid rehousing and homeless prevention. While it does mostly focus on providing rent help, one little known a aspect of it is it can provide money to pay utility security deposits for people first moving in. Try it. Call your local community action agency, Salvation Army, or county government. More info on the program, and agencies to call, are on the site here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hom ... nd_ra.html
Bakersfied

Post by Bakersfied »

need help paying gas, and utility deposit as well as rent which is 400 a month plus gas, water, and electric too. We have a baby on the way so i cant seem to find a job right now no one is wanting to hire me and it will help us tons if we can get help with it even for a short period of time. My husband is the only one working and we are on food stamps. My unemployment ran out so we just have the one income. gas deposit is 105 cause of it being 75 plus 25 fee and electric is 25.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It really depends on exactly where you live if you really need help. As we say all the time assistance programs are local by nature and you need to call charities, churches, and agencies in your local area. In the meantime find a listing of assistance for electric bills and get some high level details on programs.
Bakersfied wrote:need help paying gas, and utility deposit as well as rent which is 400 a month plus gas, water, and electric too. We have a baby on the way so i cant seem to find a job right now no one is wanting to hire me and it will help us tons if we can get help with it even for a short period of time. My husband is the only one working and we are on food stamps. My unemployment ran out so we just have the one income. gas deposit is 105 cause of it being 75 plus 25 fee and electric is 25.
Pintos

Post by Pintos »

I am in dire need of assistance paying a required deposit of $302.22 to have my new electric service placed in my name as demand from landlord. I am on disability for recurrent ovarian cancer, am 56 soon to be 57 years old and live alone. My income is $1,420.00 per month. I don't think I will have any problems paying my monthly bill but I cannot save the required deposit for at least 1-2 months and need the service placed in my name asap per landlord. Please advise me if you can help me at all. I would be willing to pay you a small sum monthly in event you can loan me the money that the electric company requires. I would be forever grateful and look forward to a quick response. Thank you so very much for any assistance you can offer.
Elway J

Post by Elway J »

I have just moved to a new address in Ohio with my son and we are in need of help with the power bill deposit. I have spent all my money to get our new home and have no way of getting the power cut on for maybe another month. My son goes to school and he needs a way to eat shower and sleep. If there’s anyway possible you might be able to help us with the 250 dollar deposit to Duke energy we would gladly appreciate the time and consideration in this matter. Thank you and have a great day.
Luck

Post by Luck »

We just moved from Florida. We are looking for jobs and have been living or of our car. We have 3 girls ages 13, 10 & 6. We received a call that we can get an apartment at in Miami at the Spruce pine housing authority but we need money for the light and water deposit. Please I am begging can anyone help us? We would appreciate And be blessed beyond anything. Please help.
Pamela Dyson

Post by Pamela Dyson »

I am needing help paying for my utility deposits for my electric, gas and water. I have paid the rent, I just need help get everything on. My 8 year old daughter and I left our home with my husband who was physically and verbally abusing me and verbally abusing my daughter. So I quickly left with her and got a new home that he does know where it is, so we are safe.
I just am having a hard time getting this done with my utility deposits. I also will need to get some groceries also. My estranged husband continues to call and text all kinds of ugly stuff and making threats. So I need this home because we will be safe.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While it does not always occur, sometime Washington LIHEAP will pay for a deposit. now is also the time to enroll...as most programs open up on October 1. There is a toll free number to dial to try for information on electric deposit help.
Pamela Dyson wrote:I am needing help paying for my utility deposits for my electric, gas and water.