Military member needs utility help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Smith98
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Military member needs utility help

Post by Smith98 »

I am not sure who I need to get in contact with to get emergency financial help with our Electric Bill . I live in Jesup, Ga with my husband of the Army National Guard and my daughter.
We have tried every other option, including government and military programs, that we can think of and don't know what else to do.
Our emergency is that if we do not pay at least our past due amount of our Electric Bill by Tues. March 22nd 2011 then our power will be disconnected.
Also our rent is 1 1/2 months behind. My husband does work and gets his paycheck on Wed. March 23rd, but we have to use all of it except about $13.00 to get our rent caught up or we will be evicted.
This has never happened us like this before and have no idea what to do. My husband is a 2 time veteran, been is service to country and military for many years, and was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I have panic and anxiety attacks amongst many other medical problems that I have been dealing with for the last 10 yrs.
Could you please help me out and point me in the right direction of what I have to do to get HELP ASAP? PLEASE..

Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Military member needs utility help

Post by Admin »

Operation Homefront is a great assistance program for military members. They are a non-profit that operates across the nations, and they offer military people and their families access to numerous assistance programs. Help is for troops and their families. Get help with food, utilities, rent, mortgages, and information on national charities and non-profits. So they are not a government program, so you may qualify for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _mili.html
Smith98 wrote:I am not sure who I need to get in contact with to get emergency financial help with our Electric Bill . I live in Jesup, Ga with my husband of the Army National Guard and my daughter.
We have tried every other option, including government and military programs, that we can think of and don't know what else to do.
Our emergency is that if we do not pay at least our past due amount of our Electric Bill by Tues. March 22nd 2011 then our power will be disconnected.
Also our rent is 1 1/2 months behind. My husband does work and gets his paycheck on Wed. March 23rd, but we have to use all of it except about $13.00 to get our rent caught up or we will be evicted.
This has never happened us like this before and have no idea what to do. My husband is a 2 time veteran, been is service to country and military for many years, and was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I have panic and anxiety attacks amongst many other medical problems that I have been dealing with for the last 10 yrs.
Could you please help me out and point me in the right direction of what I have to do to get HELP ASAP? PLEASE..

Thank You,
RonnieSmith

Post by RonnieSmith »

I have a $900 utility bill that I need help with. My husband is in the military so hard to make ends meet. I have asthma and my service has been disconnected and it is freezing in my apartment. LG&E refused to send me a disconnection bill so no agency would help me until I got a disconnection bill that finally came after $900. If you could please help me in anyway. It is freezing cold in my house and I can't live there with no heat.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you talked to any military counselors? There may be programs for people in the military and their families. In addition, here are the various energy programs that are offered from LG&E and Kentucky utility companies. Many have programs for people with medical conditions. Like look into the Kentucky Preventive Assistance Program. More details are here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ken ... d_uti.html
RonnieSmith wrote:I have a $900 utility bill that I need help with. My husband is in the military so hard to make ends meet. I have asthma and my service has been disconnected and it is freezing in my apartment. LG&E refused to send me a disconnection bill so no agency would help me until I got a disconnection bill that finally came after $900. If you could please help me in anyway. It is freezing cold in my house and I can't live there with no heat.
Fordlover

Post by Fordlover »

My husband is in the military his paycheck got cut I just moved from CT here and cannot find a job we pawned our stuff just to meet with utility bills and rent we really need help. I never asked for government assistant but finding a job is hard and what he makes is not enough and we have to move due to police report I filed for harassment and intimidation and in order to do so we need $150 to switch apartments so our lease won't be broken. So please see what you can do to help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Military members, veterans, and their families, such as spouses and children, do have some programs and non-profits that focus on providing assistance with rent, utilities, housing, food, medical, and more. The agency is known as Operation Homefront, and they help thousands per year. Background and more information on the agency can be found, as well as how to apply and phone numbers. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ope ... _mili.html
Fordlover wrote:My husband is in the military his paycheck got cut I just moved from CT here and cannot find a job we pawned our stuff just to meet with utility bills and rent we really need help. I never asked for government assistant but finding a job is hard and what he makes is not enough and we have to move due to police report I filed for harassment and intimidation and in order to do so we need $150 to switch apartments so our lease won't be broken. So please see what you can do to help us.
Mary Beth Wer

Post by Mary Beth Wer »

I am a recently divorced mom of 2 girls and I am in need of a little assistance with paying my Randolph electric bill. I recently had my services disconnected and used all my money to pay and have it turned on. My total amount due is 331.00 and then I have another bill coming in right behind it. Please if there is a way for someone to help me I would appreciate it... Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many charities focus on helping people in the military. Or they can have referrals to government benefits, including the VA. Now we think utility matters can be dealt with, but you will really need to call around and check places like Operation Home front and others. They may focus as well on you if you have a disconnection. The main national charities can be located here.