Electric Getting Shut Off Today

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
pamncrockett
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric Getting Shut Off Today

Post by pamncrockett »

I live in Parsonsburg, Maryland. Wicomico County.

I am a father of a 9yr old son. My wife is pregnant and im terrifies that i wont be able to take care of them. My bill is $1053.00 I am on unemployment and only get $600 a month. I have been to all the government places, Salvation Army, Joseph House, Social Services, and have called all the churches in my area. They either wont help or dont have any funds available.

Is anyone out there that can help me or tell me what i can do?
I am desperate for HELP!!!

i have only a prepaid phone. Please no calls unless you can help me.
410 603 5294

Call me or reply.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric Getting Shut Off Today

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you have taken many of the right steps by calling those agencies. Here is a link for more programs in your county, and the second link is for Maryland state utility assistance programs. Call your energy company, ask them about the programs and services they offer, and keep asking for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html

This one is for the Maryland financial assistance programs. Most of these are offered directly by utility companies. Call, ask for help. Use your unemployment wisely, etc.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ing_b.html
pamncrockett wrote:I live in Parsonsburg, Maryland. Wicomico County.

I am a father of a 9yr old son. My wife is pregnant and im terrifies that i wont be able to take care of them. My bill is $1053.00 I am on unemployment and only get $600 a month. I have been to all the government places, Salvation Army, Joseph House, Social Services, and have called all the churches in my area. They either wont help or dont have any funds available.

Is anyone out there that can help me or tell me what i can do?
I am desperate for HELP!!!

i have only a prepaid phone. Please no calls unless you can help me.
410 603 5294

Call me or reply.
Tobb

Post by Tobb »

My Electricity has been shut off today. Last minute. I am struggling financially and will not have enough on my next check (3-18-11) to pay the amount needed for reconnection, due to my being sick and missing 4 days this pay period. I just need a little assistance till my next pay period. I can pay half of it on the 18th, but that won't be enough to reconnect my service. please help.
Atlanta, Ga
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call your utility company. If you will have money to pay the electricity within a day or two most Georgia and Atlanta utility companies will not turn off your power. They will give you time to get that next paycheck to bill the energy bill. Just call them and ask for a few different days. But here are a bunch of utility assistance programs in Georgia.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Tobb wrote:My Electricity has been shut off today. Last minute. I am struggling financially and will not have enough on my next check (3-18-11) to pay the amount needed for reconnection, due to my being sick and missing 4 days this pay period. I just need a little assistance till my next pay period. I can pay half of it on the 18th, but that won't be enough to reconnect my service. please help.
Atlanta, Ga
Terty

Post by Terty »

Hello, I have a BIG problem. I rent a 2/2 home and my utilities have skyrocketed out of control. Even with the energy efficient hot water heater (which I had to pay half of), my propane bill is about $130.00 to $150.00 a month, and I rarely cook. My electric runs about $230.00 to $250.00 on the budget plan, and my water bill jumped from $45.00 to $130.00 a month. I make just over minimum wage and with my partner out of work, (temporarily, I hope) and $1000.00 a month rent, I don't know how to pay these recent bills. The money just is not there. I would be grateful for any assistance that you can offer. Thank you for your time, sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why did utilities explode and become out of control? Those bills seem outrageous. Call your utility company and ask to check your account and look into weatherization. In addition, use this for [urlhttp://needhelppayingbills.com/html/north_carolina_utility_and_ene.html]electric bill assistance in North Carolina[/url]. Almost every utility and power program in NC offers some type of financial assistance program for qualified low income customers and people who are faced with a hardship. I suggest calling them to negotiate payment plans and the line. For example Progress Energy runs the Energy Neighbor Fund for the low to moderate income.
Terty wrote:Hello, I have a BIG problem. I rent a 2/2 home and my utilities have skyrocketed out of control. Even with the energy efficient hot water heater (which I had to pay half of), my propane bill is about $130.00 to $150.00 a month, and I rarely cook. My electric runs about $230.00 to $250.00 on the budget plan, and my water bill jumped from $45.00 to $130.00 a month. I make just over minimum wage and with my partner out of work, (temporarily, I hope) and $1000.00 a month rent, I don't know how to pay these recent bills. The money just is not there. I would be grateful for any assistance that you can offer. Thank you for your time, sincerely,
Delores

Post by Delores »

electric bill for last month was $411 (never been this high). paid bill but check was returned. now another month is past due and electricity has been turned off. total due before power restored is $900. we have not been using air or heat to try and save on electric bill. my husband has been out of work for most of the year and just recently started back. if we could just get assistance with this bill and have power restored it would be a huge help in getting us going in the right direction again. we have been struggling the last few years and it seems to just be getting worse with the fuel prices and increases on everything. anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why was your bill so high? That is not acceptable if you are struggling. You need to use power smartly. It is great that you have a job, and therefore assume income coming in today and more in the future. Great news. Maybe you can supplement that income with some New Hampshire financial assistance programs, grants, or maybe weatherization to help save money and reduce those bills. There are solutions and programs like the Neighbors Helping Neighbors program which is offered by all power companies. Call your for advice and support on this option or program.
Delores wrote:electric bill for last month was $411 (never been this high). paid bill but check was returned. now another month is past due and electricity has been turned off. total due before power restored is $900. we have not been using air or heat to try and save on electric bill. my husband has been out of work for most of the year and just recently started back. if we could just get assistance with this bill and have power restored it would be a huge help in getting us going in the right direction again. we have been struggling the last few years and it seems to just be getting worse with the fuel prices and increases on everything. anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Barclay

Post by Barclay »

My utilities are going to get shut off today because i dont have the money to pay the bill. I need someone to call me back asap to help me with this please. I was fired from my job and denied unemployment i need help with all of my utilities including rent. I was fired because my car blew up so now i am also without a car as well as money, food, and rent. I have tried to get help everywhere and no one wants to help me today. I am a single mom and have two kids. can someone please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call your utility company and ask for financial assistance and cash grants. A number of different programs and options exist. Find more details on utility bill assistance programs from your power company. Most have grants, weatherization, and other options for the low income and people faced with imminent disconnections.
Barclay wrote:My utilities are going to get shut off today because i dont have the money to pay the bill. I need someone to call me back asap to help me with this please. I was fired from my job and denied unemployment i need help with all of my utilities including rent. I was fired because my car blew up so now i am also without a car as well as money, food, and rent. I have tried to get help everywhere and no one wants to help me today. I am a single mom and have two kids. can someone please help me.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Can you please tell me if there is anyone that can help us with paying our electric bill we have gotten our third shut-off notice...this is not from not wanting to pay our bill,rather not having the money...my husbands been sick for a while now and not working much...he's been in and out of the hospital the last couple of months and Friday he had open heart surgery...we are about to have our power shut off and I can't have him coming home to a house without power...is there anyone who can help us please!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When people wait this long, until their shut off notice, not too much we can do. You need to ask for help early in the process. But there may be some last minutes options, and you can find them here http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... ergy_.html. Most utility companies in New Mexico do offer some type of grant or financial assistance programs for the low income. Options like the NM Good Neighbor Fund may be able to help you.
Frodo wrote:Can you please tell me if there is anyone that can help us with paying our electric bill we have gotten our third shut-off notice...this is not from not wanting to pay our bill,rather not having the money...my husbands been sick for a while now and not working much...he's been in and out of the hospital the last couple of months and Friday he had open heart surgery...we are about to have our power shut off and I can't have him coming home to a house without power...is there anyone who can help us please!
Woodson

Post by Woodson »

I need assistance paying my electric bill that is now approximately $370 for two months. I am on SSDI and Food Stamps and have had to borrow from my own future check thru my bank to make ends meet, also have pawned sentimental jewelry for additional assistance to get by. My furnace is 30 years and went out completely in December and must be replaced. I have exhausted all resources to put toward this expense. My 22 year old son lives in my home, she works full time and her income with mine, puts over the limit for assistance as I understand it. She has her own bills that (car payment, loan, student loan, etc.) that she must pay and is unable to contribute much to our household, except for essentials. Thank you for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your electric is being shut off today, not much time. Actually no time. You should always ask for help earlier in the process. You may want to look into the crisis service offered by Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Thay may be your last option. Call your local community action agency in Connecticut to apply, or also find more on LIHEAP crisis assistance program.
Woodson wrote:I need assistance paying my electric bill that is now approximately $370 for two months. I am on SSDI and Food Stamps and have had to borrow from my own future check thru my bank to make ends meet, also have pawned sentimental jewelry for additional assistance to get by. My furnace is 30 years and went out completely in December and must be replaced. I have exhausted all resources to put toward this expense. My 22 year old son lives in my home, she works full time and her income with mine, puts over the limit for assistance as I understand it. She has her own bills that (car payment, loan, student loan, etc.) that she must pay and is unable to contribute much to our household, except for essentials. Thank you for your assistance.
Bakersfied

Post by Bakersfied »

My electricity has been turned off since Monday and it is now Tuesday. DHS will only help me if I pay $183 as a fee which I don't have and there are no funds available according to the Salvation Army. Any help would be great. I have three boys one of which who is seven months old. Our house is really cold now and we have no way to make food and nowhere to go. And winter is here now.