Government

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
shannon14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government

Post by shannon14 »

I have two small children in home a 3yr old and 1yr old and i have ben unemployed since november we got the energy help through government and it wasnt enough to help that much but now my bill is up to $742 and they are going to turn it off tomorw morning we really are in a financial hardship and cant find anyone to help in this time of crisis. doesn't government prevent people with kids from losing power. i dont know if there is crisis help or anything but if u can help please let me know my know u can reach me at email address.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government

Post by Admin »

Looks like you live in California. Try calling your utility company and ask them about their financial assistance programs. Most utility companies can offer grants, weatherization, and more options and services. While the government doesn't prevent a shut off for kids, many the utility company has a program you can use.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... oling.html
shannon14 wrote:I have two small children in home a 3yr old and 1yr old and i have ben unemployed since november we got the energy help through government and it wasnt enough to help that much but now my bill is up to $742 and they are going to turn it off tomorw morning we really are in a financial hardship and cant find anyone to help in this time of crisis. doesn't government prevent people with kids from losing power. i dont know if there is crisis help or anything but if u can help please let me know my know u can reach me at email address.
JeffObrien

Government electric bills

Post by JeffObrien »

I am trying to get help for my 66 year old mother, help with electric bil. she has never needed assistance before and would usually be the giving. Unfortunately my stepdad , her husband left her after 36 years of marriage, he gave no warning and is giving no financial help and all she has is her social security from government which means she can not pay all her bills. If anyone knows where to get help please let us know
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Government electric bills

Post by Admin »

If she is that age there are laws, rules, and regulations that protect her from disconnection. That is sad to hear the husband left after those years.
Each state has certain laws to protect senior citizens from disconnections and offer financial aid. A fairly extensive listing of the laws by state is here.
Also sue for alimony. She may be entitled.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/uti ... nnect.html
JeffObrien wrote:I am trying to get help for my 66 year old mother, help with electric bil. she has never needed assistance before and would usually be the giving. Unfortunately my stepdad , her husband left her after 36 years of marriage, he gave no warning and is giving no financial help and all she has is her social security from government which means she can not pay all her bills. If anyone knows where to get help please let us know
Passion

Post by Passion »

Need Help with electric and security deposit, light bill or help with my rent I already owe my landlord 3months got the notice to quit letter now I have the eviction letter he want me out by the 25 but I don't have no place to go with a 3month old baby. My power will be shut of too, even if I stay. I have a 3yr old dauqhter that by the way has chronic ashma please help me. Fpl is threatening to turn off my electric due to the fact I cannot afford to pay an additional deposit amount of $644.00 by 11/18/2011
I have and can pay my monthly bill which is $276.02 but not the additional deposit. Can you help as I cannot get anyone on the phone at FPL. I am having financial problems and cannot come up with any extra cash. Please contact me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most states do have laws that protect kids and young ones and ensure their families have power for their needs. Laws are in place to protect kids, and a listing of state utility disconnection laws can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/uti ... nnect.html
For example, if someone has a medical condition your state may say you need to have power, and the company can't just disconnect the utilities. Sue your landlord and power company if need to...always an option.
Passion wrote:Need Help with electric and security deposit, light bill or help with my rent I already owe my landlord 3months got the notice to quit letter now I have the eviction letter he want me out by the 25 but I don't have no place to go with a 3month old baby. My power will be shut of too, even if I stay. I have a 3yr old dauqhter that by the way has chronic ashma please help me. Fpl is threatening to turn off my electric due to the fact I cannot afford to pay an additional deposit amount of $644.00 by 11/18/2011
I have and can pay my monthly bill which is $276.02 but not the additional deposit. Can you help as I cannot get anyone on the phone at FPL. I am having financial problems and cannot come up with any extra cash. Please contact me
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Hello, I'm contacting you on information about getting help on my gas bill from a government program.
I wanted to know more about it. Recently my husband has become very ill. He had a heart attack with other medical problems and I have taken on the role of the main income in the household until he gets totally on he's feet. We also have a 5 year old child so juggling all these bills my paycheck doesn't cover all utility. I want to know how this government system works and would like to have more information.
Please contact me.
It will be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Dear Sir: I am in a financial crisis. I need help. My mobile home went up for auction by the town and someone put a bid on it, all because I didn't pay my property taxes for a few years. (Which I know was a dumb/stupid thing to do).
I've been there 15 years and I love. It there. It’s my home. Could you please check out if there are government, state, federal or any financial help I can get? I am on dialysis and disabled and on disability but I need help. Can you help me please I have until September 23, 2015 to pay $3600 or I will lose my home. Please see if you can guide me or help me with this difficult situation before I lose my home before it’s too late. (I don't have anywhere else to go). Thank you!