Heating oil tank is empty

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Lorker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Heating oil tank is empty

Post by Lorker »

I am writing to you for a third time. PLEASE HELP US. My oil tank is now empty and I do not know what to do. Everywhere I turn to, not matter what charity like Salvation Army or community action, they are not taking on new people to help, are we supposed to freeze to death and our pipes freeze and burst and make thing worse for us. Please respond I NEED YOUR HELP. PLEASE,PLEASE, I AM BEGGING FOR HELP, I AM DESPERATE AT THIS POINT, THERE IS NO POINT IN LIVING ANYMORE WHEN NO ONE CARES OR WANTS TO HELP. I NEED OIL
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Heating oil tank is empty

Post by Admin »

I never received the other emails. Sorry. Where did you send them too? Regardless if you are out of oil and need help with heating expenses, try these options. Looks like you have registered from New Jersey area, and Newark. So try these places. The main non-profit and community action agency in your area is United Community Corporation (UCC). (973) 642-0181. They may have emergency heating aid, and possibly oil, or let you know where to go to for it.
Another place to call for help is Salvation Army of Essex County, and their phone number is 908-851-9300. You need to get calling, as some places are not taking new people, but need to be persistent.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html
Lorker wrote:I am writing to you for a third time. PLEASE HELP US. My oil tank is now empty and I do not know what to do. Everywhere I turn to, not matter what charity like Salvation Army or community action, they are not taking on new people to help, are we supposed to freeze to death and our pipes freeze and burst and make thing worse for us. Please respond I NEED YOUR HELP. PLEASE,PLEASE, I AM BEGGING FOR HELP, I AM DESPERATE AT THIS POINT, THERE IS NO POINT IN LIVING ANYMORE WHEN NO ONE CARES OR WANTS TO HELP. I NEED OIL
Rosser

Post by Rosser »

I just lost my job because of a new contractor came in and took over. I have been unemployed for two weeks now with no money coming in. Two days ago I received a oil bill for $465.00, I am a 60% service connected veteran with multiple disability's. I am a member of the American Legion, and tried to contact then for help with a response of we are out of funds. I tried the VFW with no avail and the Veterans Hospital with no avail. I have tried multiple national,state, and local church organizations with the same answer no money for veterans. I am not sure if you know any organizations that may be able to help my situation, I do have multiple federal job interviews coming up in the next month after my back ground and security checks are completed. So it is not like I am not trying to find work, unemployment in the state of Rhode Island takes two months to process new claims. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into the federal government funded Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program? It can help former military members, and is in partnership with the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). So it is for low income, can provide emergency rental assistance and other housing aid to the low income, needy, and former veterans. Good news to know you have interviews upcoming. Good luck with those.
You will want to call your local section 8 housing program in your town and ask about the veteran program.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/vet ... _rent.html
Rosser wrote:I just lost my job because of a new contractor came in and took over. I have been unemployed for two weeks now with no money coming in. Two days ago I received a oil bill for $465.00, I am a 60% service connected veteran with multiple disability's. I am a member of the American Legion, and tried to contact then for help with a response of we are out of funds. I tried the VFW with no avail and the Veterans Hospital with no avail. I have tried multiple national,state, and local church organizations with the same answer no money for veterans. I am not sure if you know any organizations that may be able to help my situation, I do have multiple federal job interviews coming up in the next month after my back ground and security checks are completed. So it is not like I am not trying to find work, unemployment in the state of Rhode Island takes two months to process new claims. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time in this matter.
a123

Post by a123 »

I am seeking help for my 68 yr old Mother who currently lives alone and has recently had her heating turned off and her oil tank is now empty I spoke with someone at the SO CAL GAS COMPANY and they informed me that the cost to have the gas turned back on is a total of 590.00 which needs to be paid by 5/30/2011.. My mother has a list of serious health conditions , many of which she needs gas and heat to assist her with she currently only receives $1000.00 a mo for rent and utilities ...If you can be of assistance please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So Cal Gas offers grants and financial assistance programs for energy bills. Many are also for senior citizens as well, which sounds like should cover your mom and her age group. Find a listing of California and So Cal Gas assistance. For example there is the CARE program, they provide free weatherization to elders, and there is always the California Low-Income Energy Efficiency (LIEE) Program, which is another energy conservation programs for qualified people.
a123 wrote:I am seeking help for my 68 yr old Mother who currently lives alone and has recently had her heating turned off and her oil tank is now empty I spoke with someone at the SO CAL GAS COMPANY and they informed me that the cost to have the gas turned back on is a total of 590.00 which needs to be paid by 5/30/2011.. My mother has a list of serious health conditions , many of which she needs gas and heat to assist her with she currently only receives $1000.00 a mo for rent and utilities ...If you can be of assistance please contact me.
Future

Post by Future »

I reside in Newark, NJ. I would appreciate very much any references I could get for help with my utility bill and heating oil tank is empty. I was shut off today after paying $500 in late July 2011 and getting assistance in June 2011 for $450. Also I receive LIHEAP which pays about $100 a month. I cant seem to catch up. I just started a new job days ago after searching for over a year and I'm in school full time. Also I am a single mom with a few children too. Please help. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that found a new job and also in school. That is the best way to get ahead long term, even though I am sure it is hard work and on time. Try calling some of our Newark New Jersey assistance programs, as they may be able to guide you to how to get heating oil or general help with paying utility bills and such. An effective agency to call is Essex County Division of Community Action, and there number is (973) 395 - 8350. They administer a number of support and low income programs.
Future wrote:I reside in Newark, NJ. I would appreciate very much any references I could get for help with my utility bill and heating oil tank is empty. I was shut off today after paying $500 in late July 2011 and getting assistance in June 2011 for $450. Also I receive LIHEAP which pays about $100 a month. I cant seem to catch up. I just started a new job days ago after searching for over a year and I'm in school full time. Also I am a single mom with a few children too. Please help. Thank You
LoveOne

Post by LoveOne »

I am a single parent of two boys and a girl. My oldest is hearing impaired with Cerebral Palsy. I work part-time cleaning houses and take online classes towards a degree in marketing.I am currently one month behind on my rent in the amount of $425.00. I ran out of oil for 3 days until I received LIHEAP. The house I rent is an old farm house and we don't get much heat upstairs. We were running one space heater and I received my electric bill in the amount of $326.00. I waiting to file my income taxes but in the mean time I need assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you ran out of heating oil, then try this for other Rhode Island utility assistance programs. Many may be offered in a crisis for people who have ran out of heating oil or fuel. Priority is given to people with disabilities, or children who are disabled. So you have a good chance to qualify for aid. That electric bill is way too high. Turn down power too.
LoveOne wrote:I am a single parent of two boys and a girl. My oldest is hearing impaired with Cerebral Palsy. I work part-time cleaning houses and take online classes towards a degree in marketing.I am currently one month behind on my rent in the amount of $425.00. I ran out of oil for 3 days until I received LIHEAP. The house I rent is an old farm house and we don't get much heat upstairs. We were running one space heater and I received my electric bill in the amount of $326.00. I waiting to file my income taxes but in the mean time I need assistance.
myPillow

Post by myPillow »

my wife and I along with two children need oil at in north Babylon NY. I just paid rent and over head of past oil and electric bill and have no money and waiting for my heap paper work to go through. We have been with out oil for the past 5 days and my children came to visit for 2 weeks last night and i need heat and hot water to bath them and myself. can you please help asap. call me, my disability check and finances comp check can not cover oil along with a $1350 rent + electric and we need a shower and heat. my fiance has a serious illness, i have a broken hand and three children are toddlers and none of us can afford to get sick.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we guess the good news is that the weather has been pretty nice and not as cold, so hopefully you are staying warm during the heating season. HEAP is a good idea, and also look for free heating oil from CITGO. Do you still need oil now that it is April? Either way, look here for Suffolk NY financial assistance programs, which may have oil for you too.
myPillow wrote:my wife and I along with two children need oil at in north Babylon NY. I just paid rent and over head of past oil and electric bill and have no money and waiting for my heap paper work to go through. We have been with out oil for the past 5 days and my children came to visit for 2 weeks last night and i need heat and hot water to bath them and myself. can you please help asap. call me, my disability check and finances comp check can not cover oil along with a $1350 rent + electric and we need a shower and heat. my fiance has a serious illness, i have a broken hand and three children are toddlers and none of us can afford to get sick.
Ashley Redd

Post by Ashley Redd »

I need some information because I am in a bind. I am 56 years old and my 78 year old mom and disabled brother live with me. My mom gets Social Security and my brother is on SSI. They don't have a lot of money so I pay the brunt of the bills. We are in a bind right now. I thought I had enough oil to last until payday but I ran out yesterday. We are currently using my oven to keep warm but I am afraid the pipes will burst. I can rough it but I am afraid for my mom who is frail and sickly. Are there any programs that would lend me enough money to purchase some heating oil and I will pay the money back ASAP. I am quite desperate right now. I do the best I can but money is tight and because I paid my bills so I don't have any extra cash.
Partenner

Post by Partenner »

Sir, I am a 65 year old man receiving social security in the amount of 461.00 that makes it impossible to sustain the winter heating season in Northern New York State. I heat my home primarily with wood that is expensive and extremely labor intensive.

I have 2 pieces of rental property one free and clear and the other mortgaged. I also have a significant mortgage on my home. To say the least I struggle. I am currently behind in my property taxes and need assistance in paying for heating propane in my commercial building. This property has one rental tenant that does not come close to covering expense on the property. I can not afford fire insurance or proper liability coverage on this property.

Last year I struggled to replace the aged out boiler thinking that my cost would be decreased and they have not. It cost nearly 5000.00 last year and I just cannot pay that this year and have already spent 1500.00. Please tell me where to go to get some relief from the exorbitant cost of propane heating gas. Very troubled,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sell one of the homes than if you have 2 rental. Why are you asking for financial aid if you are an investor/owner, etc. Others are much more in need. But heck, you can apply, and try the free heating oil program from Citgo. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _fuel.html
Partenner wrote:Sir, I am a 65 year old man receiving social security in the amount of 461.00 that makes it impossible to sustain the winter heating season in Northern New York State. I heat my home primarily with wood that is expensive and extremely labor intensive.