Community action agency

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
LewisSa1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Community action agency

Post by LewisSa1 »

I have four children, and a disabled wife. I am currently unemployed and going to college full time in order to try to better me and my family. I have received energy assistance from our local community action agency which was enough to cover one and half of our energy bills due to the very cold weather and the electric furnace our energy bill has been over three hundred dollars the past few months. If you know anyone that can help we sure would be thankful. Many programs for the disabled with kids would be nice.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Community action agency

Post by Admin »

So you are just looking for a community action agency? They usually can direct you to energy programs like LIHEAP, and may work directly with utility companies too. Some of the programs they may be able to offer, like weatherization, may be able to help with furnace repairs, and similar type of energy conservation improvements. Many programs do help with disabled too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html
LewisSa1 wrote:I have four children, and a disabled wife. I am currently unemployed and going to college full time in order to try to better me and my family. I have received energy assistance from our local community action agency which was enough to cover one and half of our energy bills due to the very cold weather and the electric furnace our energy bill has been over three hundred dollars the past few months. If you know anyone that can help we sure would be thankful. Many programs for the disabled with kids would be nice.
Redcolor

Post by Redcolor »

I am about to have my electric shut off on Monday. There is not one community action agency, charity or government program that has funding and are not making appointments for assistance. In the last cold spell I heated my living room with my oven and ran up a $180.00 bill. I am a single mother and a full-time student. Is there any help for me where do I get LHEAP assistance.
in Portland Oregon
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This Monday? Kind of late to ask for help if so. So of the agencies that may have some emergency aid in Portland include Salvation Army - Cascade Division Oregon. (503) 493-3927. Another good place to call is SEI-Community Services - (503) 240-0828.
You should never heat your home with an oven. It is dangerous and could burn down your home. Be safe, and ask agencies for help before you do something like that. Maybe even your college has some programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mul ... tance.html
Redcolor wrote:I am about to have my electric shut off on Monday. There is not one community action agency, charity or government program that has funding and are not making appointments for assistance. In the last cold spell I heated my living room with my oven and ran up a $180.00 bill. I am a single mother and a full-time student. Is there any help for me where do I get LHEAP assistance.
in Portland Oregon
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

The local community action agency told me HEAP is out of money I was told. It will not have funds until April. I owe $187.48 immediately. This is a third of my total balance of my current power bill. I work and always seek additional work so I am lot living off charity or government. However I despite my efforts I only make around $500 a month due to I am a housekeeper in a resort area, and this is the down season for tourism, so my situation is this. The power company is going to shut off my power this Tuesday, March 14, and said they are putting a notice on my door tomorrow. I don't know what to do. I have my three kids in my family, and I am the sole supporter, but they are all now under18. I mention this because Oregon DHS said they can't help because their are no minors living in my household any longer. This means I have no where to turn for help. No relatives nor friend with enough money to help me either, so I need help from somewhere, but don't know where to turn. Where can I go for help in Eugene, OR
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, really HEAP does have limited funding and it will run out. Not much more you can do with HEAP in Oregon Find more if it runs out of funds. You can try Salvation Army or Catholic Charities in Eugene, and just keep calling different agencies and charities. Find more Oregon assistance programs for utility bills.Also call your power company for installment plans too. Sometimes families with kids the power companies are more willing to work with customers.
Rattle wrote:The local community action agency told me HEAP is out of money I was told. It will not have funds until April. I owe $187.48 immediately. This is a third of my total balance of my current power bill. I work and always seek additional work so I am lot living off charity or government. However I despite my efforts I only make around $500 a month due to I am a housekeeper in a resort area, and this is the down season for tourism, so my situation is this. The power company is going to shut off my power this Tuesday, March 14, and said they are putting a notice on my door tomorrow. I don't know what to do. I have my three kids in my family, and I am the sole supporter, but they are all now under18. I mention this because Oregon DHS said they can't help because their are no minors living in my household any longer. This means I have no where to turn for help. No relatives nor friend with enough money to help me either, so I need help from somewhere, but don't know where to turn. Where can I go for help in Eugene, OR
Premier

Post by Premier »

I was in the middle of Community Action helping me with my electric bill and was supposed to meet with case worker today but she called and said the funds were suspended and she was not able to help me. I have an "appointment" with Salvation Army in the morning and I hope they can help with my bill. My problem is, the bill is $276 and of that $158 is due. I do not get paid until next month and my plan was to pay this bill with my financial aid from college but the next disbursement is not until May or June. I do not have anyone else to go to and have no transportation. I have not had this happen before and feel bad about it. I am somewhat disabled and live alone, I am 42 and am a full-time student. Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We doubt a community action agency could even provide that much money anyway. Same with the Salvation Army in San Joaquin. Did you try an installment plan or other resources from your utility company? If you have future money coming a utility company should work with you, provided you make some type of "good faith" payment. Also here are other agencies to try in your area. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/san ... ance_.html
Premier wrote:I was in the middle of Community Action helping me with my electric bill and was supposed to meet with case worker today but she called and said the funds were suspended and she was not able to help me. I have an "appointment" with Salvation Army in the morning and I hope they can help with my bill. My problem is, the bill is $276 and of that $158 is due. I do not get paid until next month and my plan was to pay this bill with my financial aid from college but the next disbursement is not until May or June. I do not have anyone else to go to and have no transportation. I have not had this happen before and feel bad about it. I am somewhat disabled and live alone, I am 42 and am a full-time student. Can you help?
sharon

Post by sharon »

Hi I currently have 2 shut off notices i just payed my gas yesterday that was going to be shut off too. I need any help that is available because it was so hard this month. I had my daughter 3 weeks ago and she was transferred to a special unit for a few days which set us back because of the cost it took to get there and take care of what she needed because she was early. I had to hurry and get everything i hadn't gotten yet all at one time . . please i need and would appreciate any help that you can assist with