utilities for elderly

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
zen1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

utilities for elderly

Post by zen1 »

I am primary caregiver for elderly parent. health and medication needs consume that income.Until recently as caregiver I was able to compensate for financial responsibility (utilities). Problem of licensing due to court error prevented ability to pay $900 combined utilities. Have corrected license and court problems. I am an repair tech. am now in position to pay all bills again, need help on current amount to maintain eldercare utility services. Can now maintain utilities in household. Only need to maintain now am prepared to return funds if help is provided now, in 45 days. Just need to maintain utility services for this short period of time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: utilities for elderly

Post by Admin »

Looks like your registered and notied from Fairfield County CT, so assume you live in that area. If so, here is a listing of places to call for energy and utility bill help. There are non-profits, charities, and programs that are run by the Conneticut state government.
One of the leading places is the Action for Bridgeport Community Development Inc. (ABCD), which is the local community action agency. The phone number is (203) 366-8241. They run the Contingency Heating Assistance Program (CHAP) among other options.
Operation Fuel is another place to try for help and financial aid. Phone number is (203) 333-9033. This is the general CT energy assistance program. These places are some of the leading agencies to call for help and aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fai ... e_pr1.html
zen1 wrote:I am primary caregiver for elderly parent. health and medication needs consume that income.Until recently as caregiver I was able to compensate for financial responsibility (utilities). Problem of licensing due to court error prevented ability to pay $900 combined utilities. Have corrected license and court problems. I am an repair tech. am now in position to pay all bills again, need help on current amount to maintain eldercare utility services. Can now maintain utilities in household. Only need to maintain now am prepared to return funds if help is provided now, in 45 days. Just need to maintain utility services for this short period of time.
High Werd

Post by High Werd »

I have a final Consumers Energy from the last place I rented. It is in the amount of $324.50 and Consumers has sent me to collections for this bill. I live off of Social Security and receive $550.00 a month. I currently live with my son in his home and pay him $400.00 for rent and utilities, and this leaves me enough to pay my car insurance and then I am broke for the month. I need help getting this bill paid so that it does not end up on my credit report and so that in the future if I need there services in my name again I won't have to pay a deposit. Can someone help me?
Freede

Post by Freede »

Electric bill was too high during time of power outage (Does this make since we left are house for a week because of lack of power). We (meaning me and kids) just got the bill back on track and they do this. They want 250 dollars when we wasn't even home and they will not listen!!Please if anything can be done let us no. Thank You!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some agency may be able to help. Why won't your son help you this one time either? Anyhow, Consumer Energy does have many different programs for the elderly. They may offer a payment plan or refer you to state of Michigan resources. But they can't stop it from going on your credit report if you don't pay it. But find your options, and click here more information.