Utility hardship

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Preetip
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility hardship

Post by Preetip »

I am 56 yrs old, and do have a full-time job, but am finding it difficult to keep up with some of my largest bills, one of which is my TXU bill. I called to speak with them, because I thought that my bill would be lower this month, but apparently I misunderstood and signed up for a lower amt per kilowatt hour, but they are averaging. They said that I cannot change plans and am locked into this plan for 2 years. The only thing that they allowed me to do, was to split my bill into two payments. My daughter, who suffers from severe depression, and my oldest grandson moved in with me last April and even though they try to contribute, their jobs are part-time and it seems that I cannot keep my head above water financially with the electric bill, the water bill, and the gas bill. Is there anything you can suggest that would help just to get over this hardship right now. I am a very frugal person and do not over spend, as I do not have the money to do so. I simply want to be able to pay my utility bills. Thank you so much for caring. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Utility hardship

Post by Admin »

TXU is in Texas, right? If so there are utility and energy bill assistance programs that people can turn to. For example, TXU offers the Lite-Up Texas 1-866-454-8387, and this provides summer cooling bill assistance. People with food stamps and medicaid can automatically qualify for aid, as well as many other low income people throughout Texas.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tex ... _assi.html
Preetip wrote:I am 56 yrs old, and do have a full-time job, but am finding it difficult to keep up with some of my largest bills, one of which is my TXU bill. I called to speak with them, because I thought that my bill would be lower this month, but apparently I misunderstood and signed up for a lower amt per kilowatt hour, but they are averaging. They said that I cannot change plans and am locked into this plan for 2 years. The only thing that they allowed me to do, was to split my bill into two payments. My daughter, who suffers from severe depression, and my oldest grandson moved in with me last April and even though they try to contribute, their jobs are part-time and it seems that I cannot keep my head above water financially with the electric bill, the water bill, and the gas bill. Is there anything you can suggest that would help just to get over this hardship right now. I am a very frugal person and do not over spend, as I do not have the money to do so. I simply want to be able to pay my utility bills. Thank you so much for caring. Sincerely
Raposa

Post by Raposa »

I need help on paying my Duke Energy electric bill in Ohio. I lost my job and I can't afford to pay it. Please help. My bill has a past due balance of $480.79 and by 7/24/12 I need to pay $538.41, if not I will loose power. The heat is brutal this year too, so we need to stay cool. The total amount do is $1,019.20. Please help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you lost your job then Duke may not offer help. Maybe they will give you a payment plan or something, but they can't help you indefinitely. Are you on track to soon get another job in Ohio or have a plan for self-sufficiency? If so, they may help your case. Anyway, find more information on Duke Energy resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I really need help with my utilities and am in a hardship. I have no monies at all. It's been really hard for me and my family I cannot work anymore.
I'm disabled waiting for SSI for my sis but right now I rum out of any money. I had its hard to because I have doctor appointment all the time. Lots of times I don't even have money for my prescriptions. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, sounds like you need help across the board...not just utilities. If you have no "monies", your options are limited. Maybe move in with family, go to a shelter/transitional housing program, etc. You need to have an income. But anyhow, apply for some of the utility help in Oklahoma, and find the programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ty_bi.html
Gavin wrote:I really need help with my utilities and am in a hardship. I have no monies at all. It's been really hard for me and my family I cannot work anymore.
I'm disabled waiting for SSI for my sis but right now I rum out of any money. I had its hard to because I have doctor appointment all the time. Lots of times I don't even have money for my prescriptions. Please help.
Mike and Mike

Post by Mike and Mike »

Hello, my name is Amber. I'm trying to enroll in Lite up Texas as I am facing a hardship with my utility bills. It`s just me and my daughter. I am employed at Whataburger. I applied for an electric company and they waive deposit with a letter. I'm in need of info on how to go about this. It`s HOT and my current provider is too high! Any info ASAP will be a blessing. We live in Wichita Falls; Tx 76302.