Boilers not working

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Sergent
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Boilers not working

Post by Sergent »

It's 19degrees here in Dover, NJ 07801 and probably 20degrees inside the house. Both boilers have decided to no longer function and space heaters and electric fireplaces are not that warming when the temp is this low.
Our home was built in 1920 and the windows are in need of some assistance. It hurts to ask for help but this year it's just to cold not to reach out to someone.
I tried getting a loan/grant from the town I live in and was told I make to much money. If that was the case the windows and oil burners would have been replaced years ago.

God speed
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Boilers not working

Post by Admin »

So need window replacement or insulation, as well as boiler or heating system repair? Dover looks to be in Morris County NJ. There are some local places you can call. You may want to ask about weatherization as well. That may be the best program for you.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mor ... progr.html

Some of the places to call include Salvation Army, Morristown Corps, phone number (973) 539 - 2700.
Northwest NJ Community Action Program, phone number (908) 454-7000.
Another option is the Salvation Army, Morristown Corps, and they can be reached at (973) 539 - 2700
These different non-profits may have energy saving enhancements and conservation programs, including such things as boiler repairs as well.
Sergent wrote:It's 19degrees here in Dover, NJ 07801 and probably 20degrees inside the house. Both boilers have decided to no longer function and space heaters and electric fireplaces are not that warming when the temp is this low.
Our home was built in 1920 and the windows are in need of some assistance. It hurts to ask for help but this year it's just to cold not to reach out to someone.
I tried getting a loan/grant from the town I live in and was told I make to much money. If that was the case the windows and oil burners would have been replaced years ago.

God speed
Nikki Kay
anti spam: Blue

Re: Boilers not working

Post by Nikki Kay »

This is the only email I could find. I am a military veteran who source of heating from a boiler is now working. I lost my career due to a severe injury but mostly because of a four year metastatic cancer battle that I'm coming out of now. Too weak, too much pain and permanently disabled. I became injured and ill at around 40 so I have a very low Social Security number at about $1000 a month since I have a lot but not enough social security credits to max out a monthly benefit.
I am a homeowner in New Jersey who uses a boiler for the winter. I have a boiler that heats the home as well as providing the hot water in the house, but it broke. I have very little hot water trickling out and the furnace is in such bad shape at 25 years old the repair man suggested total replacement due to its age and many issues. The worst part is the company that made the furnace stopped doing business in America over 10 years ago so I can't get parts to even try to fix it. I'm desperately in need of a boiler replacement in my home as not only does it provide hot water but it heats the home.
Please get back to me and let me know what agency or contact that I should get a hold of for assistance in emergency boiler replacement. I have some money and can pay some but the majority cost is out of reach so I truly need help. Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon on who to contact/apply for this. Thank you.