Home heating fuel

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Post Reply
Sergent
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home heating fuel

Post by Sergent » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 am

I am in desperate need of home heating fuel. I have an 1/8 th of a tank and it is not going to last long. There is no money to buy heating oil. There are 3 of us that live in this house hold. with and income of about $2000 per month and we pay rent, electric, phone & cable and medical bills and gas to go to the doctors and where we absouletly must be there is no money left. I even have to scramble for food becaue the state government in Pennsylvania and my County of Delaware says we make to much for food stamps and free heating fuel. Why must people struggle so much when all they are asking for is a little help to get on their feet. This is all I am asking. for a little help to get oil to keep my home warm just enough to get me through the month. Also my husband is disabled and cannot work because of the bypass surgery that was done 2 years ago. Also I do not have medical coverage, I did qualify for charity care from a hospital here in PA but they only cover seeing a doctor, I must pay for prescriptions which I do not fill because I do not have the money and I must pay for any tests that must be done which I do not do because I cannot afford them. SO PLEASE I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP. This is not a joke.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7220
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Admin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

The winter has been brutal in Pennsylvania, and many need free fuel or heating bill help. A listing of programs and non-profit agencies to try to call for help include the following. Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC). Phone (610-891-5101) They may be the number one place to call. They offer LIHEAP, free fuel, heating oil, and much more to low income, unemployed, and others.
Another place to try may be The Salvation Army of Chester, and that phone number is (610) 874-0423.
They can usually provide a little short term help for people to get on their feet.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/del ... _pro1.html
Sergent wrote:I am in desperate need of home heating fuel. I have an 1/8 th of a tank and it is not going to last long. There is no money to buy heating oil. There are 3 of us that live in this house hold. with and income of about $2000 per month and we pay rent, electric, phone & cable and medical bills and gas to go to the doctors and where we absouletly must be there is no money left. I even have to scramble for food becaue the state government in Pennsylvania and my County of Delaware says we make to much for food stamps and free heating fuel. Why must people struggle so much when all they are asking for is a little help to get on their feet. This is all I am asking. for a little help to get oil to keep my home warm just enough to get me through the month. Also my husband is disabled and cannot work because of the bypass surgery that was done 2 years ago. Also I do not have medical coverage, I did qualify for charity care from a hospital here in PA but they only cover seeing a doctor, I must pay for prescriptions which I do not fill because I do not have the money and I must pay for any tests that must be done which I do not do because I cannot afford them. SO PLEASE I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP. This is not a joke.

ShangHaigh
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by ShangHaigh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 am

I am writing to see if we can get some assistance for fuel oil. My husband has been locked out of his job since AUG 1ST at American Car Axle, I just went back to work the end of JULY due to medical problems and surgeries. All three of my children have asthma & allergies and my oldest daughter has another medical condition. On NOV. 30th I fell & fractured my knee cap and face another surgery to fix it, now we have no income except for my husbands unemployment, we do not qualify for fuel assistance, the cutoff for filing for assistance was the day I fell for the 2011 year. We ran out of fuel last night, we used a 5 gallon container to get some heating oil & my son was able to get the furnace to start, it won't last long & I don't know what else to do, we need some help. I live in St. Paul Minnesota. I know Town & Country Oil will deliver a minimum amount of 100 gallons which is well over $300.00, which I don't have. Thank you for your help.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7220
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Admin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Well the good news is winter has been much warmer this for for basically everyone in all parts of the county. So the demand for assistance has declined. Can you apply for disability with a broken kneecap and those medical issues? Try that, as you should be able to get funds, or unemployment. Another option may be the free heating oil program, which can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... _fuel.html Qualified people can get up to 100 gallons of free heating oil.
ShangHaigh wrote:I am writing to see if we can get some assistance for fuel oil. My husband has been locked out of his job since AUG 1ST at American Car Axle, I just went back to work the end of JULY due to medical problems and surgeries. All three of my children have asthma & allergies and my oldest daughter has another medical condition. On NOV. 30th I fell & fractured my knee cap and face another surgery to fix it, now we have no income except for my husbands unemployment, we do not qualify for fuel assistance, the cutoff for filing for assistance was the day I fell for the 2011 year. We ran out of fuel last night, we used a 5 gallon container to get some heating oil & my son was able to get the furnace to start, it won't last long & I don't know what else to do, we need some help. I live in St. Paul Minnesota. I know Town & Country Oil will deliver a minimum amount of 100 gallons which is well over $300.00, which I don't have. Thank you for your help.

JoWomack
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by JoWomack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 am

Hi I rent in Portland Maine. I have been out of work since November and not receiving any income. My wife and daughter live with me. I have cashed in my 401 and waiting for the check; should be here soon- no exact date. My problem is fuel-I am very low and running the thermostat as low as possible. I will probably be running out of fuel soon. Is there any place that can have fuel delivered to me and once I get my check I can pay back? I may make be ok and my check may arrive but I am concerned that I will run out of fuel before I have the money. Thank you for any suggestions you can pass on to me.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7220
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Admin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 am

Maine is served by a number of emergency crisis programs, and each town must offer it by law. The town emergency programs can in fact provide heating assistance, fuel, oil, and the like. So look into the town office. Find additional Portland Maine assistance programs too, and learn how they can help you and what the various options can do. Luckily this winter has not been too cold for Maine.
JoWomack wrote:Hi I rent in Portland Maine. I have been out of work since November and not receiving any income. My wife and daughter live with me. I have cashed in my 401 and waiting for the check; should be here soon- no exact date. My problem is fuel-I am very low and running the thermostat as low as possible. I will probably be running out of fuel soon. Is there any place that can have fuel delivered to me and once I get my check I can pay back? I may make be ok and my check may arrive but I am concerned that I will run out of fuel before I have the money. Thank you for any suggestions you can pass on to me.

Rankin
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Rankin » Sat May 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Hello, my family and I are out of heating oil, and our electric bill is going to be shut off my husband works at $8.00 per hour, I m looking for a job. We have a child that is 7. We are trying to get help keeping our home, but right now we owe a little more than 1000.00 on electric and have NO heating oil. On March 15 we will be shut off electric wise. We have done everything we can we need help, we have struggled the last two years, with being laid off and work part time now this is the worst ever. I have looked everywhere for help and now I don't know where else to look can you please help. I recently went to One Road in Martinsville, IN and they are helping, I have called the trustee several times and have not received a call back, yet. I also have some funds from two different churches they say they may donate to help us too. Please point me in the correct direction. We live in Morgan County, Indiana.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7220
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Have you tried LIHEAP in Indiana yet? Can't tell from your email below. There is a crisis component in which many people use to get heating fuel, and the crisis portion of it provides the aid very quickly. We are surprised the Trustee did not recommend that for you either, as they will usually require it. Anyhow, find more details on Indiana Energy Assistance EAP program.

WilBoom
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by WilBoom » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello,
I live in Philadelphia. I became disabled in January, 2014. I had no money to pay my gas bill. I did qualify from a LIHEAP grant, which paid some of the balance. I have not had gas for almost 6 months.
I have qualified for Long Term Disability Insurance from a policy I bought a few years back. I have applied for SSDI and Medicaid as well.
I called the gas company to see how much it will take to turn my gas back on so I can get some heat. Right now my bank account is 147.00 in the hole. I get food stamps every month 200.00 if it wasn't for that I would not eat. My land lord has been very understanding, lucky me, regarding the rent. I would send what I could every few weeks. Right now I am 2 months in the hole with that.
Is there any more help I can get?
I am 55 years old, 100 percent disabled, I live alone.
Thank you so much for what you do for others.

Billy Bush
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:55 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Billy Bush » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 am

Hi, We are having trouble paying to get more fuel oil for our home. That is what we heat with. We had just put 200 in on the 11th and that gave us 70 gallons. We tried to get help from DHS but they denied us. The only Income we get is my husband's and he is on SS. Do you know what we can do for fuel? Please get back with me. God bless you.

Wacca
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home heating fuel

Post by Wacca » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm

I am writing to ask if you know who someone could contact for help in paying their home heating bill for fuel. Her name is Suzy and she is the mother of 2 of my grandchildren. My son and her never married and she is raising their 2 daughters by herself. My son does not in any way help her. He has not given her a penny in over 2-3 years. She works at a nursing home and does the best she can but her heating bills are killing her. Her rent alone is $500.00 and the last heat bill she received was something like $699.00!!! That is for just 1 month! She cannot afford to pay this. Do not understand why the heat bills run this high in her house because it is just a very small 2 bedroom rental house. She said she was told that the furnace is very old. She does not receive any help at all from anywhere. Her youngest daughter who is 5 years old is disabled and she is fighting for her disability but it has been something like 2 years now and it still hasn't been approved:( I help her all I can but I myself cannot afford a $699.00 heating bill as mine alone is $350.00 and we live on my husband’s disability. I cannot find an actual number for her to call to try to find some type of help with these home heating fuel bills. Her electric company will not allow her to make any type of partial payment either. I know because I talked to them last month when they turned her electricity off. They were actually very rude and told me that I had 5 minutes to pay her bill in full or it would then go up even higher due to a fee that they were going to charge me. When I tried to ask them about the heating fuel bills they said, "you now have 3 minutes!" If you could please refer me to someone that she could possibly contact about this matter I would really appreciate it. She lives in Princeton, Kentucky. Thank you,     

Post Reply