Out of propane

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Freedoma
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Out of propane

Post by Freedoma »

Hello : I live in high point N.C. . In 2007 I bought a home with a huge propane tank that I used to use to heat my house . I had paid close to $ 800.00 of propane and it lasted two months. So again I had to pay about another $ 800.00 to fill up the tank. which lasted also two months. the next winter I streched it out with difficulty for four months. my first son was born with heat in the house... My second son was born in april... and now we all sleep in the master bed room with two portable electric heaters heating the room with a humidifier as well. I could not afford to have propane service any more. Guildford gas was charging me about $ 107.00 to rent the tank even though I did not get any service to have it re-filled.. So I had them remove the tank... I also looked into changing the heating unit for an electric non gas heat pump. but that is vary costly for me. My house does not have any insulation in the walls ,under the crawl space, nor in the attic. The house is built in 1962 and has plastered cemented walls.. so I was told that I need a dual , gas and electric heating Unit. which I can not afford. I began to install insulation in the attic by myself. I only made it 1/3 of the way. Some times my 3 year old comes out looking for me in Diapers into the cold hallway and family room.. he has gotten sick and cought a cold about three times because my house is not heated at all . My wife as well including my self have gotten sick.and then my 8 month old son gets a cold because i passed it on to him.... I really need my home to be a healthy livable home especialy in the winter. Believe me when I say, I'm praying for an answer., for something to give , what can I do? where can I go ? who should I see? please write back thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Out of propane

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is terrible to run out of propane and heating fuel during the winter. There are assistance programs in High Point and the neighboring Guilford County NC area. HEre is a listing of them. They can probably direct you to such programs and options as free diapers and other aid as well. The leading organization to call in the area is probably the Greensboro Urban Ministry (phone 336-271-5959), which offers a program known as the Emergency Assistance Program (EAP). The local community action agency is the Welfare Reform Liaison Project, Inc, and they offer extensive low income programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/gui ... e_pro.html
Keirt

Post by Keirt »

We are 91 years of age on a fixed income and we are out of propane which happens often because our bills are too high. They will not come out to fill tank until all is paid. We are on a payment plan, but since prices went us it did not cover $757 and so will not fill it. We paid today $367 for a months supply, but still have to pay the 757 before it is filled again.
Our medical bills are $1500 a month both having open heart surgery and kidney surgery and need another kidney surgery. We have been with Amerigas for 20 years and never missed payments, but now that prices have gone up, we can't keep up with extra costs. Can you help us
Aptos, Ca 95003
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Wow, those multiple surgerys sure must be expensive, and no wonder you are behind on bills and low on propane. Try these agencies to heating bill help and fuel. Try the local community action agency, which is the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, phone number (831) 763-2147
Another good place to call for help is the Santa Cruz Catholic Charities ((831) 722-2675) is there phone number. They probably have information on community clinics for health care in the area too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/san ... nce_p.html
Keirt wrote:We are 91 years of age on a fixed income and we are out of propane which happens often because our bills are too high. They will not come out to fill tank until all is paid. We are on a payment plan, but since prices went us it did not cover $757 and so will not fill it. We paid today $367 for a months supply, but still have to pay the 757 before it is filled again.
Our medical bills are $1500 a month both having open heart surgery and kidney surgery and need another kidney surgery. We have been with Amerigas for 20 years and never missed payments, but now that prices have gone up, we can't keep up with extra costs. Can you help us
Aptos, Ca 95003
Speculative

Post by Speculative »

To whom it may concern, My husband and I are both on disability. We have a 12 year old son, a 3 year old daughter, and a dog living with us. We recently moved into small house here in Whatcom County. We recently ran out of propane which runs not only our stove, but also our hot water and our heat. We bring enough money in to pay our rent and a little bit of food. We have literally tried every agency here in Whatcom County for assistance, only to be turned down. We are good people, we don't drink or smoke, always try to help out everyone in need, and my husband is also a disabled veteran. Why are there no one out there willing to give us a little help to keep our children warm? If you have any answers for us, we would greatly appreciate them. You can either email us or call us. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that county in Illinois. If it is, use this link for information on Illinois assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ill ... grams.html
Look into programs like LIHEAP which cover and provide propane too. Maybe weatherization can help you repair that furnace too.
Speculative wrote:To whom it may concern, My husband and I are both on disability. We have a 12 year old son, a 3 year old daughter, and a dog living with us. We recently moved into small house here in Whatcom County. We recently ran out of propane which runs not only our stove, but also our hot water and our heat. We bring enough money in to pay our rent and a little bit of food. We have literally tried every agency here in Whatcom County for assistance, only to be turned down. We are good people, we don't drink or smoke, always try to help out everyone in need, and my husband is also a disabled veteran. Why are there no one out there willing to give us a little help to keep our children warm? If you have any answers for us, we would greatly appreciate them. You can either email us or call us. Thank you,