help with utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
csisk
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with utilities

Post by csisk »

I am a single mother with 2 teenage daughters. Their father killed himself in 2004 and things have been hard but nothing too hard until recently. I lost my job of 20 years a while back and my youngest had a seizure at school and broke her jaw so we had extra medical expenses. By no fault of her own, problems have occured with her jaw not being properly done and she needs another operation to fix it. Insurance said they will not pay it. My oldest is graduating this year and that is another expense with everything that has to be paid for graduation. My utility bill is now 744.06 and I don't know what to do. I can't even afford food or needed car repairs. I have put in resumes everywhere but have not been lucky enough to find anything. I had a cutoff notice in December but I have until Jan 15. I never thought to be in a situation as this and I need help. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with utilities

Post by Admin »

What state or county? If you provide more info I can give you information on local programs. They vary by county and state, so we at needhelppaying bills always need to know that info. In the meantime, this is about all I can do. Provide you with general info. Here is a listing.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
JJackson

Post by JJackson »

My husband doesn't start back working until after the New Year and I am currently unemployed. I was a student at OCC college and a stay at home mother. Due to a very tragic and horrific thing happened to our child at the babysitter’s house, I withdrew from school and now am too terrified to leave or trust anyone with my 3 daughters again! We have reached our extension with MS POWER, and the LATEST we can pay them is Thursday!
Our family really needs a blessing as well as prayers! The current balance on the Electric bill is $193, the bill; is under my husband’s name. Please let me know of any information I need to get assistance, we will be forever grateful. Thank you in advance and GOD BLESS!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since MS Power gave you two extensions, it may be hard to get a third. Did you can them and ask about any other financial aid programs they may recommend. As maybe a government benefit will help you and your husband. Even try the college, as maybe they have suggestions for you or you can lose student housing money. But prayers will not cut it...instead try these Mississippi Power assistance programs.
JJackson wrote:My husband doesn't start back working until after the New Year and I am currently unemployed. I was a student at OCC college and a stay at home mother. Due to a very tragic and horrific thing happened to our child at the babysitter’s house, I withdrew from school and now am too terrified to leave or trust anyone with my 3 daughters again! We have reached our extension with MS POWER, and the LATEST we can pay them is Thursday!
Our family really needs a blessing as well as prayers! The current balance on the Electric bill is $193, the bill; is under my husband’s name. Please let me know of any information I need to get assistance, we will be forever grateful. Thank you in advance and GOD BLESS!!