Help for electric and food

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Rosser
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help for electric and food

Post by Rosser »

hi, i live in Illinois, . i'm trying to find out if i can get assistance buying my electric bill. i am on social security disability, my income is $1,193/mth. i live alone and my rent is $750/mth, my heat is included in the rent. i'm having a really hard time with paying for electric and food. i tried to go to the public aide office in my area for food assistance, but unfortunately they could not help me, stating that my income is over the limit for food assistance. they did tell me that i can get assistance with my electric bill. can you please help me? thank u for your assistance
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for electric and food

Post by Admin »

There are numerous agencies and non-profits in Illinois. What county are you in? If you use this link for a listing of agencies. Scroll party down for info by county and town. You may want to try LIHEAP. Some other programs are listed at the bottom of the link
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
TylerWinkle

Post by TylerWinkle »

I need help with my electric bill and in getting food on the table. I currently have m-power and recently lost my job my car. I am a single mother of 3 in which 2 of the 3 still live here at home. My youngest is 6 and i have a 13 yr old and than my 17 yr old thats a full time student. As of right now i am in the accumulated amount and in negative of 4$. So they will turn off my power for $4 and my power will shut off. I just need help with 100$s which will last for over 2 weeks, and some food so we can put the money towards our electric bill. If you are able to help I will send you my account info thank you and god bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We always say the first priority is food, so call around to pantries, banks, churches, and other charities. They may be able to have some funding for utilities, or refer you to utility bill assistance programs and public aid too. Find the food pantries and free meals, groceries, and perishable foodstuff. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html
That amount of aid you need is not unreasonable, so may get lucky.
TylerWinkle wrote:I need help with my electric bill and in getting food on the table. I currently have m-power and recently lost my job my car. I am a single mother of 3 in which 2 of the 3 still live here at home. My youngest is 6 and i have a 13 yr old and than my 17 yr old thats a full time student. As of right now i am in the accumulated amount and in negative of 4$. So they will turn off my power for $4 and my power will shut off. I just need help with 100$s which will last for over 2 weeks, and some food so we can put the money towards our electric bill. If you are able to help I will send you my account info thank you and god bless.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

My electric bill due is 1200 dollars. I paid what I could over the winter but it was no where near enough. I am disabled and get social security. I also receive welfare assistance for three grandchildren. I have custody of. My total income is 975 each month and my bill has been running close to 450 and higher a month. Is there any help out there? I received energy assistance in 2012 for winter help in October or November that helped pay my deposit. I am now getting desperate. Please send info. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A utility bill of $450 per month is ridiculous. No one should have a bill of that amount. Where sweaters and turn down the heat, AC, etc. Especially if you are struggling, low income and are living off of government aid. Honestly, until you get that under control and take some accountability of your expenses and financial situation, we doubt a Washington based agency will help with those utility bills, but you can try. The state is covered by these assistance programs and energy bill services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_uti.html
Butter

Post by Butter »

Hi, I’m 20 years old and have a daughter who lives with her father. We need food and bills paid like electric. He has physical custody of our daughter and I pay child support these past few months. It has been harder to pay because my fiancé and I have found out I am pregnant. (I’m about 4 and a half months pregnant) and we have just recently moved back here from California so we don’t have jobs quite yet.  We live with our friends in airway heights Washington and we are running low on food and had to sell our car to help pay rent. I only have two weeks to pay my child support and I’ve called and tried to make a payment plan but what they are asking is still too high at the moment. I have nowhere else to turn for food or electric help. And I just don’t know what to do. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please get back to me ASAP.