Need Rental and water bill help-father walked out on 2 kids

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JCarolink
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Rental and water bill help-father walked out on 2 kids

Post by JCarolink »

The father walked out on my two young sons and myself and left us with no money for the water bill, power bill, and rent. I was laid off my job and we are on Food Stamps but I need the water and lights kept on for my children. I live in Miami so if you know who to contact please let me know.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Rental and water bill help-father walked out on 2 kids

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of agencies and organizations in Miami and Dade county that may be able to help. Also, the main site has info on free legal programs in Florida, so maybe an attorney can advise you on implications on the father walking out. Try places like the Catholic Charities Emergency Service, phone number (305) 759-3050. another option is the Housing Assistance Network of Dade County Florida (HAND), which can help with utility bills. Dial (877) 994-4357
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dad ... ogram.html
JCarolink wrote:The father walked out on my two young sons and myself and left us with no money for the water bill, power bill, and rent. I was laid off my job and we are on Food Stamps but I need the water and lights kept on for my children. I live in Miami so if you know who to contact please let me know.
Thank you,
RMM

Re: Need Rental and water bill help-father walked out on 2 k

Post by RMM »

Good day,
I am requesting more information on assistance regarding a water bill for a home with 2 kids. I have a friend, whose water has been disconnected, so he is living without water. I visited your web site and found two programs that assist with paying bills (Low Income Payment Program, and H2O Help to Others Program) under American Water. The city and state in which he resides is Tampa Florida, and he is a father of 2 kids.
I would like to know what qualifications he needs to qualify for assistance, and if there's a direct number to call to get info, and, or a local building he could visit, to get help with this emergency situation. I look forward to hearing from someone soon. Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Rental and water bill help-father walked out on 2 k

Post by Admin »

We have tons of numbers to call for assistance in Tampa Bay. Also, each agency has their own terms and conditions before they pay out any money for rental costs or water bills. So you may need to try multiple places. Maybe some allow applications over the phone, but some defintely require face to face visits. So try this for more details on programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

RMM wrote:The city and state in which he resides is Tampa Florida, and he is a father of 2 kids.
I would like to know what qualifications he needs to qualify for assistance, and if there's a direct number to call to get info, and, or a local building he could visit, to get help with this emergency situation.
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

I am a 55 year old disabled woman with a 700.00 water bill that I can't possibly pay so could you help me with finding a place that will help. There are a couple of places that one will pay 25 and the other 50 but you have to pay all the rest first and that's all I've found.
I have no family, no one as my husband, the kids father, left. I only get 733.00 a month on disability and my rent is 600 so I can't pay it and it's getting shut off soon and I'll have no water until it's paid in full so I'll be without water for many months and I don't know how I'll do it. Please get back to me, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are on SSI and income is the same as your rent, and if you have no one else to help you, then you can't live there. You will need to reassess everything. Move, work, whatever. Your situation is not sustainable. As far as some programs for you, look here for aid. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Kramer wrote:I am a 55 year old disabled woman with a 700.00 water bill that I can't possibly pay so could you help me with finding a place that will help. There are a couple of places that one will pay 25 and the other 50 but you have to pay all the rest first and that's all I've found.
I have no family, no one as my husband, the kids father, left. I only get 733.00 a month on disability and my rent is 600 so I can't pay it and it's getting shut off soon and I'll have no water until it's paid in full so I'll be without water for many months and I don't know how I'll do it. Please get back to me, thank you.