I HAVE A 48 HOUR SHUT OFF NOTICE

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
cynthiadonis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I HAVE A 48 HOUR SHUT OFF NOTICE

Post by cynthiadonis »

PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P......I HAVE A 48 HOUR SHUT OFF NOTICE FROM "PG&E" WHEN I CALLED THE LIHEAP PROGRAM THIS MORNING AT 9:15AM THE LADY ANSWERED THE PHONE AFTER 24MIN ONLY TO DISCONNECT ME SO I CALLED BACK AND AFTER ABOUT 25MIN THEY ANSWERED ONLY TO PUT ME ON HOLD AGAIN THEN ALL I HEARD WAS A WOMAN COUGHING THEN I WAS DISCONNECTED AGAIN!! THIS IS ALL HAPPENING AFTER I WENT DOWN TO THEIR OFFICE YESTERDAY TO GET AN APPLICATION, WHEN THEY DID OPEN THE DOOR THE LADY WAS VERY VERY RUDE AND SAID SHE COULD NOT GIVE ME AN APPLICATION AND SHUT THE DOOR IN MY FACE.... TOMORROW THEY WILL BE SHUTTING OFF MY SERVECE UNLESS THEY HEAR FROM THE COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP OF KERN COUNTY..PLEASE HELP PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I HAVE A 48 HOUR SHUT OFF NOTICE

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of programs in Kern County CA. Usually they do have emergency aid if someone has a shut off notice. Also, did you try LLIHEAP, the federal government funded program? Use the link for agencies.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ker ... ogram.html
However, some of the places to call may include Community Action Partnership of Kern, phone number 336 5203
The Bakersfield California Salvation Army ((661) 587-1660) may have some emergency financial aid to prevent disconnections of utilities and heating bills.
An organization of churches in the area would be Flood Bakersfield Ministries, which is a partnership of churches and charities. Call (661) 32-Flood
Rperry

Post by Rperry »

Ocala City Electric gave a cut off notice for the 30th of this month, December. At first, they said they would work with us. My son and I moved into this apt. Last month. My husband passed in 2009, and we owed an old bill they said from 4 years ago. We had to pay $300. To have the electric turned on, even though my son had Ocala Electric before and always paid on time. It was my old bill that we put $300 on they said. Now they are saying instead of $79 extra a month towards my old bill..they want the full amount of $700. We live in an apartment. I am going to be 64 in March and on Social Security and have a VA pension from my husband. We can pay $300-400, but not $700. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

when you paid the $300 did you get it in writing who you spoke to and the terms of the deal? If not, then read more on other electric bill Florida programs and more services that may be available. There are some grant programs, weatherization, and other resources for the low income. I am not sure how Ocala City Electric could change the terms of the deal on you.
Rperry wrote:Ocala City Electric gave a cut off notice for the 30th of this month, December. At first, they said they would work with us. My son and I moved into this apt. Last month. My husband passed in 2009, and we owed an old bill they said from 4 years ago. We had to pay $300. To have the electric turned on, even though my son had Ocala Electric before and always paid on time. It was my old bill that we put $300 on they said. Now they are saying instead of $79 extra a month towards my old bill..they want the full amount of $700. We live in an apartment. I am going to be 64 in March and on Social Security and have a VA pension from my husband. We can pay $300-400, but not $700. Please help.
Tyco

Post by Tyco »

I am a single parent with two boys that are ten and four years old, and we may lose power in 48 hours. I have always had a job to take care of my family, but now I got have gotten sick, I got bit by a mosquito and had an allergic reaction to the bite. After that is when all of my problems started.
I was broke out over my whole body with itchy blisters that later became black spots all over my body, have been hospitalized for a month an while their I had a bad case of cellulitis and I had surgery on my right foot on the top and bottom to remove some infection and pressure. I developed pneumonia, heart failure, blood clot in right leg, COPD, bad diabetes, high blood pressure, and I am clinically depressed.
I need help really bad with this 48 hour shut off notice, the only income I have is my son SSI check which is 588 dollars and my rent is 575 dollars a month and I don't have money to pay my utilities and I often get my lights, gas and water off for weeks at a time because I don't have a lot of help from friends or family because they don't have extra money either. I am begging for help please! If I didn't need help I wouldn't ask for it. I can’t but my children the basic needs. I don’t have anything, please, help me.
Travolta

Post by Travolta »

I have been sent a notice to move out the house I’m renting, I just waiting on the 48 hour shut off and eviction notice. I don't have nowhere to go. I have the kids that I have to prove for. I just won’t somewhere to live where I could afford the rent. I’m sleeping on the floor and the light's off, but I think god every day for life he has keep me together, my kids with my oldest daughter and she have five kids so I help her until I could get help before my kids return for school. Please help me.