Electric shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
MzTime
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric shut off

Post by MzTime »

I am currently staying with my Uncle and the electric is due on the 20th of Dec. or they are getting shut off, The lights are in his daughters name and she moved out, We owe over $500 dollars. I have 2 kids and 2year old and a 1 year old. I need help before they shut the lights off. Please help me.

Thank you. Pamela Franklin County, North Carolina
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric shut off

Post by Admin »

There are some government programs in NC as well as local agencies to contact for help. In your county try Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity. They are located in Henderson NC. Phone number (252) 492-0161. they should be able to provide guidance for rent help, utilities, and much more.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nor ... _prog.html
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I AM TRYING TO GET SOME ASSISTANCE ON MY ELECTRIC BILL. MY BILL IS DUE TO BE CUTOFF ON JANUARY 11TH THE 12TH IS THE LATEST DATE. MY PAST DUE AMOUNT IS $135.19. AT THIS TIME I AM UNABLE TO GET THE MONEY DUE TO MY SITUATION. I AM CURRENTLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE. I AM DUE TO HAVE MY CHILD ON JANUARY 24TH. I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD SON RIGHT NOW AND I CAN NOT AFFORD FOR MY LIGHTS TO GET CUT OFF. IF I AM ABLE TO GET SOME ASSISTANCE FROM THE COMPANY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. I AM IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA. THANK YOU AND YOU HAVE A BLESS DAY
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It looks like your registered from the Roanoke Virginia area. I hope it is not too late to prevent the utility cutoff. Here is a resource to some programs in your area. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/roa ... _prog.html Try calling the local community action agency Total Action Against Poverty, Inc (TAP) Phone # 540.345.6781. They probably can direct you to electric bill assistance, especially if you are expecting a new member of family
Thomas wrote:I AM TRYING TO GET SOME ASSISTANCE ON MY ELECTRIC BILL. MY BILL IS DUE TO BE CUTOFF ON JANUARY 11TH THE 12TH IS THE LATEST DATE. MY PAST DUE AMOUNT IS $135.19. AT THIS TIME I AM UNABLE TO GET THE MONEY DUE TO MY SITUATION. I AM CURRENTLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE. I AM DUE TO HAVE MY CHILD ON JANUARY 24TH. I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD SON RIGHT NOW AND I CAN NOT AFFORD FOR MY LIGHTS TO GET CUT OFF. IF I AM ABLE TO GET SOME ASSISTANCE FROM THE COMPANY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. I AM IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA. THANK YOU AND YOU HAVE A BLESS DAY
Butter

Post by Butter »

HELLO MY FAMILY IS ABOUT TO HAVE THEIR ELECTRIC TURNED OFF. IM IN GARDEN GROVE CALIF. WHEN MY MOM DIED TWO YEARS AGO, WE HAD TO MOVE AND WE HAD AN EXISTING BILL WHICH CARRIED OVER WITH OUR NEW BILL AND WE CAN NOT CATCH UP. NOW WE FACE DISCONNECTION. IN MY HOME IS ME,MY TWO KIDS,MY SISTER,HER SON AND MY DAD. MY SISTER AND I ARE BOTH ON COUNTY AID AND WE BARELY MAKE THE RENT AND OUR ELECTRIC BILL, BUT NOW WE'VE FALLEN BEHIND, PLEASE HELP US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you explore plans in California and Garden Grove before having power shut off? Many utility and energy assistance programs are offered across the state, and non-profits and charities provide aid too. For example, Pacific Gas and Electric offers a program known as REACH. The Salvation Army provides emergency help to CA customers, and other options and programs can help in a crisis situation. More info is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cal ... oling.html
Butter wrote:HELLO MY FAMILY IS ABOUT TO HAVE THEIR ELECTRIC TURNED OFF. IM IN GARDEN GROVE CALIF. WHEN MY MOM DIED TWO YEARS AGO, WE HAD TO MOVE AND WE HAD AN EXISTING BILL WHICH CARRIED OVER WITH OUR NEW BILL AND WE CAN NOT CATCH UP. NOW WE FACE DISCONNECTION. IN MY HOME IS ME,MY TWO KIDS,MY SISTER,HER SON AND MY DAD. MY SISTER AND I ARE BOTH ON COUNTY AID AND WE BARELY MAKE THE RENT AND OUR ELECTRIC BILL, BUT NOW WE'VE FALLEN BEHIND, PLEASE HELP US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
jessi8681

Post by jessi8681 »

Hi, my name is Jessica Pennington. I am a single mother of two kids and a widow at the age of 24. I recently lost my husband in Dec. of 2010. I am in need of help my DP&L got shut off today and my 2 year old daughter has to take breathing treatments due to her having asthma and they still shut off my power. I don't know where I can go to get help. I have asked churches and they won't help me cause they only help you if you go t their church or if you are willing to go to that church.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is DP&L in Colorado? Try this for a listing of shut off protection programs and ways to get help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ing_b.html
Usually if someone needs power for a medical reason the utility company will not turn off your power. Many states also have laws in place to prevent that from occurring. No company or state (even Colorado) wants to say they turned someones power off which resulted in the death of a 2 year old girl. Terrible PR in worst case, plus I like to think some people/companies are better than that.
jessi8681 wrote:Hi, my name is Jessica Pennington. I am a single mother of two kids and a widow at the age of 24. I recently lost my husband in Dec. of 2010. I am in need of help my DP&L got shut off today and my 2 year old daughter has to take breathing treatments due to her having asthma and they still shut off my power. I don't know where I can go to get help. I have asked churches and they won't help me cause they only help you if you go t their church or if you are willing to go to that church.
Valencia

Post by Valencia »

I am currently seeking help for my electric bill. We are a family of four. My husband has been out of work for over two and a half years. I have had a job for 4 years, however in recent years I have been cut down from 39 to 30 to 25 and now it is 16 and being cut to 14 hours. This company as with many others is suffering and trying to keep us but it is getting harder to do so. I have been searching for work for at least a year. Most places only want to hire for 20 hours or less and will not work with me so I can work both places. I am registered with Texas workforce as is my husband. . I now only bring home about 230.00 every two weeks. My bill this month is 387.00 and I just don't have the ability to pay it. I just got a notice that it was due on 7/25 and in two weeks they will cut us off. I really need guidance and help. Please tell me where to go or what to do. Sincerely,
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

I live in Southeastern Oklahoma. My husband and I are full time students and do not receive food stamps, but do receive Choctaw Nation food. We live in an apartment across from our college campus and are needing some help with electric. During these hot summer days, our electric bill is either $100 or a little over. Paying our rent, cell phone, internet, and truck insurance, it gets very hard to pay. I looked on your website, and it is very confusing to me. I
don't know where to go for help? My electric is through OGE. I saw what OGE had to offer and it was like $10 off or something and we need a little more help than that for right now. What do I do and where do I go.
JOlsen

Post by JOlsen »

Thank you for reaching back out to me. I have since taken your advice and followed various links to electric programs in Ohio. Unfortunately, so many churches, charities and outreach organizations findings are depleted. Unfortunately, I am having a very difficult time trying to find assistance to help me get my electric turned back on. I feel time is of the essence because of my diabetes.. My diet is off and my blood sugar levels are out of control. My electric has been off since May of this year. I don't have $1100.00 to have my services cut back on. I need help desperately so that I can regain control of my health. Are there any other options?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If they are out of funding not much we can do about that. You just need to keep calling utility companies, government programs, and charities, etc. Also find our complete list of electric bill programs here, and grants, etc.
JOlsen wrote:Thank you for reaching back out to me. I have since taken your advice and followed various links to electric programs in Ohio. Unfortunately, so many churches, charities and outreach organizations findings are depleted. Unfortunately, I am having a very difficult time trying to find assistance to help me get my electric turned back on. I feel time is of the essence because of my diabetes.. My diet is off and my blood sugar levels are out of control. My electric has been off since May of this year. I don't have $1100.00 to have my services cut back on. I need help desperately so that I can regain control of my health. Are there any other options?
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

I got a notice on my door today that my lights would be turned off in 24 hours. I have talked to the manager of the apartment complex as the electric bill goes through the apartment and was told she would work with me. However, I have lost my job and my car has been broken down making it unable for me to seek employment. I have called every agency I know of in Sacramento but there is no help available at this time. I have two children, ages 2 and 6 and my disabled mother who is on oxygen and CPAP. I need help desperately. I don't know where to turn.
MarcLev

Post by MarcLev »

Good morning, i am emailing you this morning from Atlanta Georgia, seeking assistance with electric bills. My Georgia power bill is up to $350 and will be disconnected on the 20th if not paid. With so many other bills i have no way of paying this right now and i've hit my limit with extension and payment plans. If there is anything that can be done or anywhere i can go please let me know. thank you.
Dev McCourtney

Post by Dev McCourtney »

Power bill $400 plus rent bill $250.00 and water bill $200. They ask for hundreds of dollars for deposit and keep adding on huge $20.00 or more late fees. They are both due to be shut off by the 7th and I have no cash to pay them. I even have green cross papers for my lung disease so they wont turn power off they don’t care. I have a 4 year old granddaughter that lives with me and they don’t care. My SSI disability is $595.00 a month. I have no choice but to become homeless and I will have my 4 year old granddaughter at my side. This is terrible. Sincerely