Gas shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Ninab
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas shut off

Post by Ninab »

The reason for my email I need help with a situation. My Brother, His wife & kids are without heat. They Lived in a apartment 4 yrs ago was paying there bill. They moved had everything transferred. But there lease was up found another apartment and been there a while now a month ago nicor came out and shut there Gas off. They said the reason for was where they used to live there was a past due balance of $2000 but from the information I got Nicor never transferred anything so who ever was living there was living heat free. They never received any statements, Invoices or anything they were paying the gas bill where they were living now. Now they are without heat and there are kids involved and live in Cook County Illinois. They have called nicor & got no where. What can we do.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas shut off

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your family. It can get cold in Chicago and Cook County this time of year. Here are some places to call, and agencies that may be able to help with financial assistance and cash aid. The local cook county community action agency is the The Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Inc. They offer such programs as weatherization, LIHEAP, and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) (312) 795-8844. Other options include the Cook County Salvation Army (773-725-1100 as well as the Lake County Emergency Assistance Program ((847) 782-4100). They do have many assistance programs for families, both for rent, housing, and heating expenses
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Legland

Post by Legland »

Our gas is shut off, which feeds the water heater and furnace. The electricity is scheduled to be shut off this week, and we're in danger of being evicted from the home we rent. We've been to CEO and they put us on a budget plan with UGI, but we fell behind on those payments as well. I'm currently looking for work, and my wife works from home, but her hours are verging on part time most weeks. We have 2 children at home with us.
Scarlett1

Post by Scarlett1 »

I have a friend who is in need of help paying her gas bill and is facing a shut off. She lives in Topeka, KS. Recently her two grandchildren and her pets were taken from her due to no water or gas in the home. She just couldn't keep up with it all. She has no income but gets help from her son. Could you help me help her by giving me some possibilities to contact for help? Our church is assisting her as best we can however we are a smaller congregation with limited resources.
Thank you so much.
Sayers

Post by Sayers »

Hello,
I am asking to please direct to the current agency that can help me get oil ASAP or gas help. I did receive LIHEAP, but I am on empty, and I am out of work due to getting hurt. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME GET OIL SO I DON'T RUN OUT? There are no other resources, except for LIHEAP in my area. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some free heating oil programs from companies such as CITGO, charitable organizations, and other options. Click here to read more.
Also look into what is known as LIHEAP crisis, as that program may be able to assist as well. Sometimes people can get oil in as little as 48-72 business hours.
Sayers wrote:I did receive LIHEAP, but I am on empty, and I am out of work due to getting hurt. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME GET OIL SO I DON'T RUN OUT?