Electric bill and home repair

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
maxie_mac

Electric bill and home repair

Post by maxie_mac »

I need help w/my electric bill and i live in Sanger,TX near Denton,TX and also my house needs repair. the home is old, and the heating and cooling equipment does not work like it use to, and my electric bill is higher because of that. I do not have the money or credit to have it repaired. Is there any help out there for me? Let me know North Texas
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric bill and home repair

Post by Admin »

House repairs are more difficult to get help with, but electric bill is probably more possible. In Sanger and denton Texas try the following.
The Denton Salvation Army (phone(940) 566-3800) may have some limited financial assistance for utility and electric bills, and can defintely direct you to local agencies and government programs. Also try calling Interfaith Ministries at (940) 565-5479.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
maxie_mac wrote:I need help w/my electric bill and i live in Sanger,TX near Denton,TX and also my house needs repair. the home is old, and the heating and cooling equipment does not work like it use to, and my electric bill is higher because of that. I do not have the money or credit to have it repaired. Is there any help out there for me? Let me know North Texas
Snapon

Post by Snapon »

My electric is off and my water now too. My rent is 200 dollars past due and about to be due again on the 15th. My electric is close to 1000 dollars and water im not sure yet. I have 3 kids ages 5, 11, and 12. I am a single mom and work as a bartender and with the economy so bad i am not able to make ends meet. I need a new electric furnace and repairs too. I currently have fuel oil it is to expensive. Plus an electric bill for winter. Every winter i get some help for oil about 700 dollars it may last a month in a half. Then i have to use two electric heaters and close off rooms. Even use the oven. I do work just need a little help. I am always afraid the pipes will freeze and burst and that will cost more money.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you either need a new furnace, or repairs to furnace, you may want to look into weatherization programs. This is an energy program created by the federal government in which funds can be used to pay for energy conserving home repairs, such as insulation, caulking, or maybe even a new furnace or repairs to it. It really just depends on the state you live in for exactly what is covered. But call your local community action agency to get the specifics to the program.
Snapon wrote:My electric is off and my water now too. My rent is 200 dollars past due and about to be due again on the 15th. My electric is close to 1000 dollars and water im not sure yet. I have 3 kids ages 5, 11, and 12. I am a single mom and work as a bartender and with the economy so bad i am not able to make ends meet. I need a new electric furnace and repairs too. I currently have fuel oil it is to expensive. Plus an electric bill for winter. Every winter i get some help for oil about 700 dollars it may last a month in a half. Then i have to use two electric heaters and close off rooms. Even use the oven. I do work just need a little help. I am always afraid the pipes will freeze and burst and that will cost more money.
iflo

Post by iflo »

I have little to no income and am looking for some help with my electric bill. I have a cell phone that I got from the state and get 250 free minutes a month but am out of minutes and have no prospects of more minutes until next month. They are about to shut off my power and I have my three young grandchildren staying with me for the summer and would like to keep my power on for them. Even I think repairing my home may cut back on my bills. I receive $109.00 per month food stamps and am on Apple health medical. I just need a little help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

since it is repair and energy bill help, then try weatherization. This may be the solution for you. it comes some energy focused home repairs with utility bill assistance from LihEAP. It is free to the low income.
iflo wrote: Even I think repairing my home may cut back on my bills. I receive $109.00 per month food stamps and am on Apple health medical. I just need a little help.