Emergency Electric Bill Help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Copper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Electric Bill Help

Post by Copper »

I need help with my electric bill in Texas. I am on a fixed income of 341.00 a week and I have a roommate which is also out of work on short term disability until September. He has been paying rent and I have been taking care of the utilities. Well he just finally got his first check of 123.00,so needless to say, rent hasn't been paid and I am way behind on the electric bill. We have a shut off notice for the 24th and between rent and that I just don’t no where the money is going to come from. My roommate also has a 7 year old that he has custody of. I have called other organizations and everyone says they have no funds. I just don’t no where to turn and the electric company just don’t want to budge, please help.
CharleD

Post by CharleD »

Good afternoon,
I need to inquire about assistance paying my electric bill. Before I recently moved, the apartment I was living at, had a horrible insulation, and AC problem. My bill skyrocketed from an average of 120.00 per month to 300.00 per month during the summer. I have been trying to chip away at it little by little since we moved. The whole reason for moving was to find a more energy efficient apartment. Ever since October of last year, I have been paying on it and paying on it, but I received a letter today, saying if I don’t pay the 274.00 that's late, by the 17th of October, they would disconnect my power.
Any help what so ever would be extremely appreciated. What can I do? I have attached a scanned copy of the letter I received today.
Thank you very much for any help or information you can provide.
Siena

Post by Siena »

My sister resides in North port, Florida and her power is off, so it is an emergency due to the heat. She and her husband have been married for 10 years or more. He has been traveling back and forth to Ohio where he is working and she has been living in their house watching his daughter until a few months ago. At that time the daughter moved out because her dad got her an apartment. About a month ago he came down from Missouri and cleaned the house out.
They took everything out and left my sister with nothing, not even a bed to sleep on. Well last week he had the power shut off. My sister is on disability and there are days she is unable to get out of bed. She’s been trying to find an attorney to help her file for a divorce on the grounds of abandonment, but can't afford the chunk of money they want just to take the case. She is staying in the house with no power, my concern is her having a heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
It’s about a 110 degrees in the house and the light company won't turn the lights back on without getting a 600 deposit. She is on a fixed income and doesn't have money like that for her electric. I have wrote to many people and got no response from anybody all I need to know is where can she get help to have the Power on or move somewhere else. She is sleeping on a blow up mattress that one of the neighbors bought for her. Her husband is in Ohio living quite fine. He makes about 3000 to 4000 a week. There doesn't seem to be any place that wants to help her deal with these emergency electric situation. If there is ANY program that you know of that would help her could you please let me know. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think you should try our general listing of information for electric assistance. It is good news if you need short term relief and are just waiting on a tax refund. That opens up the options for you, so you are more likely to get help. Try this for emergency utility bill help, as we have many programs listed.
cat1 wrote:My ex husband left the country without leaving the promised funds to pay the bills he is required to pay. I still have a minor child at home, and our electricity will be shut off Monday. I am due a tax refund, but it is taking time, in part, I hear, due to the fiscal cliff. I just need a loan of $200 until the refund comes in to stop our utilities from being shut off. Please, I live in Oregon. I have nowhere else to turn.
Jane Luv

Post by Jane Luv »

Hello, I'm emailing to find out more about your assistance program. My husband and I have been struggling with an emergency electric bill over $4,000 for our electric bill. All our bills have been estimated and not an actual reading. Everytime we are on a payment plan the amount is so high we can not keep up with, with only having one income for a family of 5. I have 2 children with asthma and cant afford for my electric to be shut off! Can someone please send me information on help! 
Kalarahi

Post by Kalarahi »

I am contacting you for emergency help with my electric bill. My service was disconnected yesterday for nonpayment. I am a 55 year old female who is in disability and lives alone. My electric bill has been a problem ever since I moved into this apartment which is for people who are 55 and up and is of low income, but for some reason the electricity has always been a problem. Could you please contact me as soon as possible please for emergency electric bill help?
Ahhdaddy

Post by Ahhdaddy »

Hello - I am writing to see if I can receive emergency help to keep my electric from being disconnected on May 8. My electric bill is $1400. I only received $746 biweekly in spousal support, I am disabled with two doctors notes from my family physician stating that I am completely disabled for the foreseeable future. I have been separated from my husband since September 21, 2030.
 $746 is the spousal support I am receiving biweekly. I have $2146 in bills. I have to pay a month so I am barely able to just keep a roof over my head as my rent is $700 a month. I am extremely desperate for emergency electric bill help. I have, no car as my car is broke down and I am desperately seeking help. Thank you so much for your time.
Sent from my iPhone
Rae Lil Black

Post by Rae Lil Black »

Good Afternoon Customer Service,
 I am emailing as I am in emergency need of help with my electric bill, it was cut off on 1/4/2021 for a payment of $163 and when I tried to go pay this amount Electric company Lubbock Power and Light told me that I would need to pay $363 to restore my power as the next bill is needing to be made as well. I do not get paid until the 15th of January and we are going on the 3rd day without power and I am single mama of 3 kids and I have complained to the office since it has been cold and not getting anywhere. I  live in Lubbock Texas, Can you please help me this one time, I am needing help one time. I cannot just come up with all this amount of $363 that is insane.
 I do have a full time job and I work hard to pay things on my own this just happen to catch up on me and I just need emergency help with electric, we had a snow storm during Christmas break and it had snowed around 11 inches and was not able to get out but this would be so helpful. We are back to schedule now and I am going to work as I have to provide for my family.
 Thanks for your concern,
CMA Insurance