Gas Bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
les1266
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas Bill

Post by les1266 »

I need help with my gas bill which is 419.00 im from Grand Prairie Tx. Atmos energy cant or wont work with me any ideas are greatly appreciated .
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas Bill

Post by Admin »

Is Grand Prairie in Dallas County? If so, here is a link for numerous programs and agencies.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Places like the Urban League of Greater Dallas (214-915-4600) may offer aid for gas and utility bills, and help with a disconnection. Other places include North Dallas Shared Ministries, and more info is on the link above.
les1266 wrote:I need help with my gas bill which is 419.00 im from Grand Prairie Tx. Atmos energy cant or wont work with me any ideas are greatly appreciated .
les1266

Post by les1266 »

unfortunately with most people i guess will get same story out of funds or bill is to much even knowing and elderly woman mentally disabled person and my son and everything else makes no difference we are always next to last person before funds run out but i greatly appreciate the info you sent not even texas 211 could give any charities that actually can help...Thank YOU...
Futy

Post by Futy »

I need some information please. I know a couple who are low income in Portland Maine. She works part time and he is on a fixed income. The problem is they inherited his fathers house after he passed away back in march of this year. The gas bill is about $1,300 and they can't get the gas turned over into their names untill the past bill is paid off. They do not have the money and have no heat at all. They are using electric blankets right now, but they can't cook or take a warm shower. They really do need help. They have called the gas company and they are not willing to work with them. They have called other places and churches and no one is able to help.
Redcolor

Post by Redcolor »

I am an full time unemployed college student staying with my sister her son and my little brother. we havent been on our own since our mother passed away in 2005. My sister is a working at CVS pharmacy with minimum hours and making barely enough to get by. our gas is turned off because we couldnt afford to pay the gas bill. is there any program that will help us come up with the money please let me know. it is snowing and freezing in Chicago Illinois.
Sincerely
I live in Chicago IL.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If they are out of heat and electric, there are government programs. Maine even has a genenral aid program that each town offiers. Here are some places to go to in Portland and Cumberland Maine for heating help and other aid.
Project G.R.A.C.E. is one place that provides heating help, and other support like dental programs. Phone 883-5111
Good Samaritan Fund is another charity in Portland Call 854-2292
More places are here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cum ... ce_p4.html
Futy wrote:I need some information please. I know a couple who are low income in Portland Maine. She works part time and he is on a fixed income. The problem is they inherited his fathers house after he passed away back in march of this year. The gas bill is about $1,300 and they can't get the gas turned over into their names untill the past bill is paid off. They do not have the money and have no heat at all. They are using electric blankets right now, but they can't cook or take a warm shower. They really do need help. They have called the gas company and they are not willing to work with them. They have called other places and churches and no one is able to help.
Arel1

Post by Arel1 »

I am not sure where to turn and I find myself in unfamiliar territory. I am use to helping others so asking for assistance is new to me but I have finally reached the point of needing assistance… I lost my job in June and have worked hard at paying my bills on time so I am not late with any at this time.. I applied for unemployment in November due to the fact I had to exhaust my severance package I received… I have applied for job after job only to be told I am over-qualified or I made to much money with my last employer and people are afraid I will leave for a higher-paying position down the road… I have reviewed my expenses and can live on half of what I was originally making; however, trying to convince an employer of this has been a challenge… I am finally at a point where I need to seek assistance for my gas and electric bill but I am unsure how to go about. I keep my bills low and I even turn off my heat at night to keep the bill low.. I looked into a home-loan modification; however the fees are very large and I cannot cover a fee to lower my house payment.. My unemployment covers my house payment and one of my bills. I have no credit card debt; however, I do owe RC willy and Khols a total of 2700.00. I just need some guidance and am hoping somebody can give me some direction.. My sincere Thanks.
Murray Utah 84123
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That fact that you reviewed and reduced expenses is great. That is always important. You can't collect unemployment? that is available for everyone. Maybe some people collect more than others, but you should get money based upon your old salary, with a maximum unemployment benefit.
In your area try calling Salt Lake Community Action Program (SLCAP) (801)359-2444. They may have utility programs and other advice for you.
Another place to call is (801) 363-7710
Both may have rent help, food, clothes, and more aid. They may know about loan modification programs too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sal ... ce_pr.html
Arel1 wrote:I am not sure where to turn and I find myself in unfamiliar territory. I am use to helping others so asking for assistance is new to me but I have finally reached the point of needing assistance… I lost my job in June and have worked hard at paying my bills on time so I am not late with any at this time.. I applied for unemployment in November due to the fact I had to exhaust my severance package I received… I have applied for job after job only to be told I am over-qualified or I made to much money with my last employer and people are afraid I will leave for a higher-paying position down the road… I have reviewed my expenses and can live on half of what I was originally making; however, trying to convince an employer of this has been a challenge… I am finally at a point where I need to seek assistance for my gas and electric bill but I am unsure how to go about. I keep my bills low and I even turn off my heat at night to keep the bill low.. I looked into a home-loan modification; however the fees are very large and I cannot cover a fee to lower my house payment.. My unemployment covers my house payment and one of my bills. I have no credit card debt; however, I do owe RC willy and Khols a total of 2700.00. I just need some guidance and am hoping somebody can give me some direction.. My sincere Thanks.
Murray Utah 84123
TweedD

Post by TweedD »

Hello. I need some immediate assistance with my gas bill. Unfortunately it got out of control due to my economic circumstances over the past. Elizabethtown Gas has shut off my gas and it has been off for over 4 months now. I thought I would have been able to raise the $2500 (half the entire balance) needed to restore service but I have 4 children and I also needed emergency dental surgery last month. I do not have heat or hot water at my residence and I am scared for the health of my children. My son is sick and my daughter has dental needs. I have been running small space heaters for a few days but these require a LOT of electricity and I am scared my electric bill will become unmanageable as well and we could have that shut off as well. Before the shut off I'd applied for the energy assistance through Proceed in Elizabeth. Even though I was approved for assistance, minimal payments ($100 every few months if anything) were received and did little to assist with the huge bill. My apartment is in a house that is over 50 years old. I would appreciate weatherization assistance as well due to the many drafty spaces around the many windows and in the floor. I have tried to handle this situation on my own but I need assistance at this time. I pay for what my family needs, i.e. Rent, food, etc. But due to my recent disability due to childbirth and additional, unexpected medical bills I must seek assistance at this time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How did you gas bill become $2500. Here is information on Georgia utility bill assistance, weatherization, and other programs, including resources from Elizabethtown Gas. The state and the energy companies in the state run a number of financial assistance and grant programs for the low income and people faced with disconnection. Here are the resources. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/geo ... cooli.html
Look into statewide programs as well, such as the Heating Energy Assistance Team and more. Be sure you call Elizabethtown Gas and ask for payment plans too.
TweedD wrote:Hello. I need some immediate assistance with my gas bill. Unfortunately it got out of control due to my economic circumstances over the past. Elizabethtown Gas has shut off my gas and it has been off for over 4 months now. I thought I would have been able to raise the $2500 (half the entire balance) needed to restore service but I have 4 children and I also needed emergency dental surgery last month. I do not have heat or hot water at my residence and I am scared for the health of my children. My son is sick and my daughter has dental needs. I have been running small space heaters for a few days but these require a LOT of electricity and I am scared my electric bill will become unmanageable as well and we could have that shut off as well. Before the shut off I'd applied for the energy assistance through Proceed in Elizabeth. Even though I was approved for assistance, minimal payments ($100 every few months if anything) were received and did little to assist with the huge bill. My apartment is in a house that is over 50 years old. I would appreciate weatherization assistance as well due to the many drafty spaces around the many windows and in the floor. I have tried to handle this situation on my own but I need assistance at this time. I pay for what my family needs, i.e. Rent, food, etc. But due to my recent disability due to childbirth and additional, unexpected medical bills I must seek assistance at this time.
BeachTide

Post by BeachTide »

I am a single female who was recently unemployed. I have gotten behind on my gas bill which is a total of $1400. I reside in Pontiac Michigan (Oakland county). I have my friend and her 9 yr old son that I moved in with me because they were staying in a shelter. My leasing office to my town home community took me to court and if I don't pay this bill by the January the 31st 2012 then we all we get evicted with nowhere to go. FIA recently contacted me saying they would help with $750, I just need to come up with the rest. I would love to have some assistance in helping me pay this bill off or possibly help in getting a down payment for a bigger place. Any assistance would be counted as the biggest blessing. If my number is needed feel free to contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How is it possible to have a$1400 gas bill. That should be equal to about a years worth of bills. You must be doing something seriously wrong. Getting $750 from FIA is an incredible deal, and you are very lucky. As far as other Oakland Michigan programs and agencies to call for gas bill assistance, they can be found at that link. Call around and see if anyone has funds for you and those bills, and start to use your utilities much more smartly.
BeachTide wrote:I am a single female who was recently unemployed. I have gotten behind on my gas bill which is a total of $1400. I reside in Pontiac Michigan (Oakland county). I have my friend and her 9 yr old son that I moved in with me because they were staying in a shelter. My leasing office to my town home community took me to court and if I don't pay this bill by the January the 31st 2012 then we all we get evicted with nowhere to go. FIA recently contacted me saying they would help with $750, I just need to come up with the rest. I would love to have some assistance in helping me pay this bill off or possibly help in getting a down payment for a bigger place. Any assistance would be counted as the biggest blessing. If my number is needed feel free to contact me.
Iam20

Post by Iam20 »

I need help with my bills just recently I got my gas turned off and I have 4 kids and I'm expecting. I went to my DHS department and they say they cant help me cause my ex gives me a good amount of money. He only gives me $150.00 every tow weeks for 4 children I really don't believe that's enough with 4 children. I also have gone to my local Salvation army and they cant help me till Feb.2 ive gonna everywhere possible but everywhere I go they say they don't have funds how is that possible you are my only hope please help me I have my kids looked in one room because we only have two little heaters and my light bill is pass due also. I they don't have funds for that as well.. please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What else did DHS say. Did they mention a program known as LIHEAP, as that can usually be a good program to help the low income and people who are faced with gas service being disconnected. Asl omaybe try calling your local Catholic Charities and Community action agency too. This can be good charities to call for help. Last, but not least, look into these energy assistance programs too. Most are offered directly by gas companies.
Iam20 wrote:I need help with my bills just recently I got my gas turned off and I have 4 kids and I'm expecting. I went to my DHS department and they say they cant help me cause my ex gives me a good amount of money. He only gives me $150.00 every tow weeks for 4 children I really don't believe that's enough with 4 children. I also have gone to my local Salvation army and they cant help me till Feb.2 ive gonna everywhere possible but everywhere I go they say they don't have funds how is that possible you are my only hope please help me I have my kids looked in one room because we only have two little heaters and my light bill is pass due also. I they don't have funds for that as well.. please help us.
Faber

Post by Faber »

I am a single mother of 4 children and have fallen into a situation that I need a little help out of. I need help with my rent, my gas bill, my water bill. This is the first time I have needed help and I hope you can help me. I try hard to keep a roof over my families heads and to keep them from being hungry and involved in negative behaviors in the community. They are good and I need a little help please. I hope you can assist.