Need to turn on utility service

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Johnston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to turn on utility service

Post by Johnston »

To Whom It May Concern:
I have an outstanding bill with Ameren. After being unemployed for almost two years, this past June I took a job in Indianapolis. unfortunately, I did leave an unpaid bill with Ameren. I was at the bottom financially when i took the job in Indianapolis and within 4 months, I was laid off from that job and find myself back in Danville, Illinois. When I returned to Danville, I came back with no job, no home, no income and no hope. I did get a job a few weeks ago, although I am making considerably less that I am accustomed to. I need to turn back on my utility service. I currently live with others as do my two daughters, we are all separated at this time in different places. I am trying to get a place of our own but have the outstanding bill with Ameren. Are there any assistance programs available for me to get assistance in paying the past due amounts so that I can re-establish services and obtain a home for myself and children?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to turn on utility service

Post by Admin »

So do you live in Indianapolis - Marin County still, or did you move back to Danville? I am surprised Ameren would purse the bill. Maybe you want to try a non-profit or pro-bono law firm in Indiana to determine your legal rights in regards to the utility bill. Here is extensive information on the firms, phone numbers, some of the free legal support they provide (including help with energy and utility bills) and contact information. Try one of these law firms for legal advice.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... y_*.html
Johnston wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
I have an outstanding bill with Ameren. After being unemployed for almost two years, this past June I took a job in Indianapolis. unfortunately, I did leave an unpaid bill with Ameren. I was at the bottom financially when i took the job in Indianapolis and within 4 months, I was laid off from that job and find myself back in Danville, Illinois. When I returned to Danville, I came back with no job, no home, no income and no hope. I did get a job a few weeks ago, although I am making considerably less that I am accustomed to. I need to turn back on my utility service. I currently live with others as do my two daughters, we are all separated at this time in different places. I am trying to get a place of our own but have the outstanding bill with Ameren. Are there any assistance programs available for me to get assistance in paying the past due amounts so that I can re-establish services and obtain a home for myself and children?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Looiurt

Post by Looiurt »

I recently moved to a new address DTE is telling me that I have a past due balance of $660.00 that needs to be paid along with $340 security deposit at the new place. How can that be? I need help with this as I do not have all the funds in order to get services in my name at my new address. Can someone contact me with options, and help? I'm a single mother that works, I have one daughter--and I'm trying my best to keep everything on but FIA is telling I am not considered low income, just some help would help. Can I inherit an unpaid utility deposit.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are in Traverse City Michigan? Here is a listing of programs, some of which can help with utility and heating service and getting it turned on. DTE is covered as well. The number one place you want to call for options with this is the Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency, phone number (231) 947-3780. This non-profit agency hosts and offers numberous assistance programs for Michigan families and individuals. Usually you do need to be low income, but they can guide you through the process.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Looiurt wrote:I recently moved to a new address DTE is telling me that I have a past due balance of $660.00 that needs to be paid along with $340 security deposit at the new place. How can that be? I need help with this as I do not have all the funds in order to get services in my name at my new address. Can someone contact me with options, and help? I'm a single mother that works, I have one daughter--and I'm trying my best to keep everything on but FIA is telling I am not considered low income, just some help would help. Can I inherit an unpaid utility deposit.
JoJo

Post by JoJo »

Please Help!!!! I need to get electricity and water turned on. I have been living with my grandmother and she and my grandfather are disabled and do not have the funds to support the extra water, and lights for me.. I am trying desperately to get the money in time to move into a new home, the deposit is 550$ for lights and 400$ for water. I just recently been employed i make 7.25ph and work 3-4 days a week. there is NO way i can afford this! please help me i am in hendry county florida... thank you.... i also draw food stamps..
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a wide listing of utility programs in Florida. It depends on your energy provider, whether Progress energy or Florida Power and Light, but you do have options. they can help you turn your power back on too and offer deposits and other financial aid. Tampa Electric also offers aid. If you need food, use the man site as well to look for food pantries and banks
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... ng_as.html
G Hucker

Post by G Hucker »

I am emailing you on the behalf of needing help with utility assistance, and turning on the service. I have a small family of 3. Our son is 9 years old. We have temporary left the home due to the fact of our lights getting shut off. I have an outstanding Bill of 982.65 that needs to be paid to turn it on. I would love to speak to someone who could assist me with playing this Bill. To reach me you can email.