Student help paying utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
f12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Student help paying utility bills

Post by f12 »

Hello my name is Katie. Im a full time student at Florida Gulf Coast University, a part time worker, and I have a two year old daughter. This month I am behind on my bills and I was wondering if I can get some help this month on my electric bill. If you can please contact me at my email address
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Student help paying utility bills

Post by Admin »

That university is in Lee County, and here is more information on non-profit agencies and other places to turn to for help. For example there are non-profits such as the Andrew Willis Memorial Emergency Fund, which can be reached at (334) 737-1100. This is a local non-profit that can provide funds for enefy bills, even for students and people in universities.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rams1.html
f12 wrote:Hello my name is Katie. Im a full time student at Florida Gulf Coast University, a part time worker, and I have a two year old daughter. This month I am behind on my bills and I was wondering if I can get some help this month on my electric bill. If you can please contact me at my email address
Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah »

I am in desperate need of some assistance paying my electric deposit to have my power turned on. My husband has applied for disability for his epilepsy and multiple sclerosis and he has no income, and I am making approx. $850 per month driving a school bus, and am a student at local community college. We are a family of 4 living on 850 per month and pay 300 per month house note, and two children are still going to school. Can someone please help us get our power turned on so we will be able to move in our house? My power deposit that is required to have my power turned on is $400. Thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many pleases will focus financial assistance for utilities on families with children, so you definitely have that going for you. Your income level should qualify you for government aid too from such services as LIHEAP, so be sure to look into that as an option. Click here to find information on additional low income programs and services. Scroll down to find details on utility deposits and similar services from power companies. Also try weatherization and cash grants too.
Bellini

Post by Bellini »

I'm attaching all correspondence and attempts to reach someone after being told what to submit via email for utility bill assistance, which I did immediately. After sending my information, it took 3.5 hours to get someone to answer to be told no funds were available, which is hard top spend that time when I am a full time student.
I tried to explain to the lady who finally answered that I'd already been through the documentation submission part and told to call my electricity company and let them know I'm working with Lighthouse and they extended the deadline for my disconnection to the 25th, and after finally getting through and discussing my file, I was asked to be put on hold and hung up on. I immediately emailed them asking to be contacted back to complete the process with no results. I haven't gotten an answer since.....until all funds were given out that day.
Some funds for utility bills were gone within an hour of them opening.... please see attached. It's there anyone else I can reach out to? I'm a full time college student trying to better the lives of my three sons and can't find a job once I tell them I do not have a vehicle. My family desperately needs help. Please see attached correspondences and my attempts to reach them. I'm also eligible for assistance with Pee Dee Community Action Agency but they do not have any funds. Part help.