Propane tanks

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
maxie_mac

Propane tanks

Post by maxie_mac »

My name is Stacey and I need help getting my propane tanks filled as the weather is getting cold. I have no heat and or working stove, I live in a trailer and it is getting colder by the day. If my propane tanks do not get filled I may freeze this winter. I am relying on a space heater for heat. I live in Monroe County Pa. Please consider me for heat assistance. Thank You
Stacey
Saylorsburg PA 18353
Smith99
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with propane and water

Post by Smith99 »

Need help with propane for heating home and heating hot water; however, I am blind and cannot drive. This area has NO public transportation at all and as I have explained to the Community Action of Johnston County numerous times, I have recently had surgery so even if I could get transportation to their office, I can't get there because I am afraid to travel as I could very well pop a stitch, which in any normal case would not be a problem but in my case, I am blind, and I have Lupus (SLE) and Sjogren's disease. We are in the cold and flu season and I have already caught a cold from my 13yo daughter, which she got from school that turned into more than a cold but rather an all out stomach bug-like flu with sneezing, running nose, and coughing. Until about a week ago, I didn't know if I would be fighting breast cancer on top of lupus SLE) and Sjogren's disease. I still don't know for sure as there is another cyst in the side where 2 large cysts were removed but this one is in the fibroid tissue and there are 4 cysts in the left breast that will have to be followed closely as breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine cancers seem to run in the family. The surgeon who removed my cysts has removed many of my maternal aunts' cysts and polpys over my lifetime. Just 3 years ago, I lost one of my aunts to cancer complicated with rheumatoid arthritis.
LyndaSteel

Re: Propane tanks

Post by LyndaSteel »

I need help getting propane to heat my house in fayette county, pa. Also help for adult medical,eye, dental and perscription coverage. and rent. Im almost two months behind on everything. my email is below. In particualr I need to fill my propane tank. thanks, and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Here is info on Fayette County assistance programs. Many people need help with heating expenses, including propane tanks. The good news is both the state and federal government offer numerous assistance programs for propane and winter needs. Try the Community Action Commission of Fayette County at (740) 335-7282, and ask about E-HEAP
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... prog1.html
LyndaSteel wrote:I need help getting propane to heat my house in fayette county, pa. Also help for adult medical,eye, dental and perscription coverage. and rent. Im almost two months behind on everything. my email is below. In particualr I need to fill my propane tank. thanks, and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: help with propane and water

Post by Admin »

Is that Johnston County North Carolina? If so, this will provide info on the resources http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Try the Johnston-Lee-Harnett Community Action, Inc., which is a non-profit. They offer heating and other energy bill assistance programs, in particular for people with medical conditions or who are sick. And if you have sick kids, your case is that much stronger. On the site you will also find ways to get help with cancer and other medical conditions you may have. The non-profits phone number is (919) 934-2145
Smith99 wrote:Need help with propane for heating home and heating hot water; however, I am blind and cannot drive. This area has NO public transportation at all and as I have explained to the Community Action of Johnston County numerous times, I have recently had surgery so even if I could get transportation to their office, I can't get there because I am afraid to travel as I could very well pop a stitch, which in any normal case would not be a problem but in my case, I am blind, and I have Lupus (SLE) and Sjogren's disease. We are in the cold and flu season and I have already caught a cold from my 13yo daughter, which she got from school that turned into more than a cold but rather an all out stomach bug-like flu with sneezing, running nose, and coughing. Until about a week ago, I didn't know if I would be fighting breast cancer on top of lupus SLE) and Sjogren's disease. I still don't know for sure as there is another cyst in the side where 2 large cysts were removed but this one is in the fibroid tissue and there are 4 cysts in the left breast that will have to be followed closely as breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine cancers seem to run in the family. The surgeon who removed my cysts has removed many of my maternal aunts' cysts and polpys over my lifetime. Just 3 years ago, I lost one of my aunts to cancer complicated with rheumatoid arthritis.
daddydaycare

Post by daddydaycare »

HI, i am writing in regards to my home heating system and propane tanks. I am 80 years old & a veteran. Is there any help out there to help with getting a heat pump or furnace as I have none now & I don't have any money to get anything. I am freezing'. When I bought the place they said it was a heat pump & it's not it's just an air conditioner & whoever put the thermostat in put in one for a heat pump. I went on-line & saw where one might get help to get a heating system through HRRP. Please help me out in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call your local VA and ask for referrals. They may know of some places. Also, while you may have viewed this already, here are the various Maine assistance programs for you. Heating units can sometimes be repaired or replaced, and ask some of these agencies about Maine weatherization. It is a federal government funded energy conservation program.
daddydaycare wrote:HI, i am writing in regards to my home heating system and propane tanks. I am 80 years old & a veteran. Is there any help out there to help with getting a heat pump or furnace as I have none now & I don't have any money to get anything. I am freezing'. When I bought the place they said it was a heat pump & it's not it's just an air conditioner & whoever put the thermostat in put in one for a heat pump. I went on-line & saw where one might get help to get a heating system through HRRP. Please help me out in this matter.
SgtMertoo

Post by SgtMertoo »

My mom is over 55 and lives in an RV in a trailer park. She likes to keep warm. She has been using an electric heater and propane for less than two weeks she paid over 35 dollars. She has little refrigerator too and her television. I don't know where we can get help with her electric bill. I think this month she is going to a pay a lot more she has been living there for over a month.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many people that use propane get their service from AmeriGas. Is that what your mom uses for her RV? If she does, they offer many resources to low income customers and the elderly. The assistance from AmeriGas has income and other qualifications that need to be met, but you can call and ask them. They may also have ideas on energy conserving refrigerators.