Need Help fast w/electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Post Reply
patikins0921
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by patikins0921 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi I live in Chatsworth, CA. I'm a single mother and was laid off last month after 20yrs at the same job. I don't know where to turn. It took every penny I had to pay my water bill last week but my electricity is going to get shut off tomorrow if I dont make a payment. Does anyone know where I can go to get some help? I'm desperate.

dab1
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by dab1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 pm

i need help paying my electric bill, i have been looking for work for a year now, been getting help from family my electric bill is pass due i live in conyers Georgia, the bill is under my husband name but he dont live with us anymore he is in Virginia his name is Mr. Williams me and my 2 girls live in Georgia he couldnt fine work here.pls help.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Admin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Conyers is in Rockdale County Georgia. Try calling the Partnership for Community Action, which can help you deal with utility companies, and I am sure help you apply for either state or Gergia utility bill assistance. They can definitely help you if unemployed for a year as well. Georgia Legal Services Program is an organization that provides free legal advice, and I am sure you can use them to ensure you are being treated fairly and get the legal help you need. Especially if you are having issues with your former husband and are dealing with legal utility issues with him.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
dab1 wrote:i need help paying my electric bill, i have been looking for work for a year now, been getting help from family my electric bill is pass due i live in conyers Georgia, the bill is under my husband name but he dont live with us anymore he is in Virginia his name is Mr. Williams me and my 2 girls live in Georgia he couldnt fine work here.pls help.

Fiatowner
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Fiatowner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 am

I have an almost $4K BGE bill. All the agencies available for assistance have a maximum salary requirement which I don't qualify; nevertheless, I STILL NEED HELP!
I have contacted my District council, county and state officials trying to get some help. They have helped to get payment arrangements, but not to help me pay the bill.
There is clearly something wrong in my home that is causing me to have between $700. - $1,000. bill per month. I've asked BGE to help me find the problem, but I have to pay more money to get an Energy Audit while still being required to pay the monthly bill. Furthermore, once the audit finds the problem that's causing my bill to be so high, there will be a cost to fix that, while I'm STILL required to pay an enormous electric bill. I've spoken to my neighbors, and I found out they are paying at least half of what I'm being billed; so, I know something is wrong. I am a single mother of 4--with all 4 attending college in the Fall. I NEED HELP. Will someone be willing to do a complete home energy makeover Pro Bono? When I first bought my home, I was paying between $300. - $400. per month. Nothing has changed. I've had a Quick Home Energy check up, but that was just replacing some light bulbs, shower heads, furnace filters, etc. That does not investigate the root problem of my energy loss. Please give me a solution that helps me pay-off a $4,000. electric bill.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Admin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Your local councils are not get resources. What do you think they can do? Many people are struggling these days. Look into your community action agency for a free energy audit, and refer to weatherization. Clearly something must have changed since you moved in. What did you do or look into once your first BGE utility bill jumped? Did you ignore the problem/. Amway, find more utility assistance in Maryland.
Fiatowner wrote:I have an almost $4K BGE bill. All the agencies available for assistance have a maximum salary requirement which I don't qualify; nevertheless, I STILL NEED HELP!
I have contacted my District council, county and state officials trying to get some help. They have helped to get payment arrangements, but not to help me pay the bill.
There is clearly something wrong in my home that is causing me to have between $700. - $1,000. bill per month. I've asked BGE to help me find the problem, but I have to pay more money to get an Energy Audit while still being required to pay the monthly bill. Furthermore, once the audit finds the problem that's causing my bill to be so high, there will be a cost to fix that, while I'm STILL required to pay an enormous electric bill. I've spoken to my neighbors, and I found out they are paying at least half of what I'm being billed; so, I know something is wrong. I am a single mother of 4--with all 4 attending college in the Fall. I NEED HELP. Will someone be willing to do a complete home energy makeover Pro Bono? When I first bought my home, I was paying between $300. - $400. per month. Nothing has changed. I've had a Quick Home Energy check up, but that was just replacing some light bulbs, shower heads, furnace filters, etc. That does not investigate the root problem of my energy loss. Please give me a solution that helps me pay-off a $4,000. electric bill.

Schmidt
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Schmidt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Electrical and heat. I have been without heat and hot water since Sept 12. I am on social security and only make 707 per month. I am on food stamps, Medicaid and Medicare. I am past due on my lights and could not pay the payment arrangement of $244 on the 5th of this month and they shut my lights. A friend of mine did a check by phone for the $244 to have them put on and that check bounced so I am sure they are going to shut them off again. I went to the City and they cannot see my until Nov 28th. It is cold in NH and has been running my electric heater to keep warm. My total electric bill right now is $406 which includes this month’s bill. They wanted the entire amount which included this month to which I did not even receive this month's bill until yesterday. Where can I go? NH Public service is hard to deal with and do not care here. I am even getting electrical assistance and they still did it.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Maybe the fastest way to get help in order to prevent a shut off is the LIHEAP emergency or crisis program. This is also an option in New Hampshire. the application process is streamlined and grants are issued to seniors, the disabled, and very low income.Some times people on food stamps are approved automatically. Find more on LIHEAP crisis programs.

Ineedhelp1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:29 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Ineedhelp1 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:31 am

I need help with my electric bill, I am on a fixed income of 341.00 a week and I have a roommate which is also out of work on short term disability until September. He has been paying rent and I have been taking care of the utilities. Well he just finally got his first check of 123.00, so needless to say, rent hasn't been paid and I am way behind on the electric bill.
We have a shut off notice for the 24th and between rent and that I just don’t no where the money is going to come from, my roommate also has a 7 year old that he has custody of. I have called other organizations and everyone says they have no funds, I just don’t no where to turn and the electric company just don’t want to budge. Please help.

Eugeee Scott
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Eugeee Scott » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 am

Hi, I am in need of getting my electric bill bill paid please so I can have a place to live. I am currently living from place to place, staying wherever I can but I have a place that has an apartment for me but I have this electric bill that has to be paid first. Please help me I have somewhere to stay tonight but I am not sure about tomorrow.
The only way to contact me is through email facebook or text so if someone would please please get back to me today this is urgent. I am begging for this help. I have no where to go. Please help me.

MarryM
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by MarryM » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm

I have fallen under finical hardship this year and I had to move twice in a month’s period. I need help in finding out about how to go about getting help to pay my electric bill. I had to pay $436 deposit on the last move and still had a previous balance I owe over $700 and I know soon they are going to want payment in full or shut it off.
With school starting I had to pick between things I needed for my boys and bills. My landlord is working with me on my rent, but I am nearly 2 months behind and bills just keep coming in and I need to know what I can do to maybe get help to pay off these items, so I can consecrate on other bills that are due such as care insurance, water, gas and my student loan payment. If I could just get help with something it would greatly help. I don't know what to do or what I need to do to see how to go about this.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:57 pm

There are several charities and grant programs in Escambia County for you to turn to for electric bill assistance. Also try LIHEAP in Florida. Hopefully you find your permanent home and can stop moving.
MarryM wrote:I have fallen under finical hardship this year and I had to move twice in a month’s period. I need help in finding out about how to go about getting help to pay my electric bill.

Trina
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:27 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help fast w/electric bill

Post by Trina » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Hello, my name is Sarah. I am in a real tough situation. I lost my job of 13 years and have applied for 17 jobs so far and can’t manage to get back on my feet. I have two small children and my electric bill is due before 10am tomorrow and I need fast help with the electric bill. Or they will cut off my power. I have asked several churches and organizations for help, but nobody can seem to help. I live in Clute, Texas. Is there any way possible you can help us fast with the electric? If so just email me. Thank you for your time.-Sincerely, Sarah-

Post Reply